Polynesian Luau or Dine W/ Shamu?

MrsMud

<font color=green>Thinks the Ghostbuster wearing t
We are considering doing one of these "Special" dinners on a Seaworld day. We are 3 adults and 2 children (5 and 7). Which would you recommend, considering food, entertainment value, and cost? Also, I have seen the menu for the Luau, but not for dine with Shamu. I would welcome any opinions / info. Thanks!

Has ANYONE done both? Or even, could I get some opinions on one or the other? Please?:rolleyes:

I've done both and it's something of an apples and oranges comparison.

The menu at the luau is better, but the buffet at Dine with Shamu is more extensive and they have a separate kids' line with kid-friendly food like mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, and the like.

The DwS buffet has vegetarian, beef, chicken, and seafood entrees, along with salad, veggies and rolls. Also a very extensive dessert bar, running mainly to puddings and cookie/brownies.

The shows are VERY different, of course. I would worry that a 5 and 7 year old might find the luau a bit boring. At least at the Shamu dining event, they can get up and run around.

I posted my thoughts on DwS in a separate thread.

Thanks for the info, Kelly (BTW, I'm looking into buying your book!) I think for the same price, we will hop over to MK for MNSSHP. My kids can eat at McDonalds and be very happy!
Thanks again.

I loved the DWS experience. The food was fine and we loved being so close to the Orcas.

The shows are VERY different, of course. I would worry that a 5 and 7 year old might find the luau a bit boring. At least at the Shamu dining event, they can get up and run around.

Oh, please, don't let your children "run around" while other people are trying to enjoy the dinner or the show. How rude!!!

I went to the luau. Very boring. My then 10 year old son was also bored. They had too many slow songs, like tiny bubbles. The food was good. There are a couple of things they do that is fun to watch like when they twirl the fire. They do put you at long tables so you will be sitting with strangers. I think it would have been much better if it was outdoors. I would go for the Shamu dinner.

Thank you all for the responses. I have decided not to do either. I would not mind spending the money if it was something I thought my family would really enjoy, but I know that for the same price, they would much rather go to MNSSHP and spend 5 hours at MK. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter