Polynesian DVC- standard studio booked

Divaofdisney

DIS Veteran
So I just have a general question..... my husband has been fighting prostate cancer now 3x and we have March 14-21st booked in a studio villa and will be taking our daughter and husband with us. Just wondering how often they do upgrades and I know it depends on season and what not. But this may be the last trip he takes and I would love it to be one to remember for him. We have saved for last year and half and booked this reservation from a nurse practioner I work with who has DVC and was kind enough to give us a discount. I don't want to seem like I am asking for something we didn't pay for just curious to see what the chances are for an upgrade. I would love for his last trip with his family to be one he will always remember that all.

Peak season, spring break, and I would not expect an upgrade at all. They do not even have any larger DVC rooms at Poly except the bungalows. (yes,once in a rare while people get moved to those as a surprise). Perhaps you might get a better than average standard view, although their standard views can often be quite nice.

Upgrades are rare. There has to be availability, and DVC is set up to pretty much not have any.
Ask the person who booked your ressie if she has the points available and if she will do a wait list, that is really your only chance.

Since you are at the Poly, I assume you mean an upgrade to lake view, as that's the only other type of studio.

DVC is a timeshare so things like upgrades aren’t going to happen unless there is a reason like a room being taken out of service. It is not the same as with a regular Disney reservation. Also, if you ask at check in about one and they grant you one, it’s possible that they will charge the owner the points difference...which has happened before when a renter has done this. But, as others said, the only change could be lake view rooms and if you really would like one of those, talk to the person who rented to you to see if she has the points and is willing to waitlist.

On a side note, I do hope that you understand that there will not be daily cleaning and that towels will not be replaced, except for day 4, if you want new ones at any other time, they will charge.

Now with the daily room checks, they do remove the trash daily.

No matter what, you will have a magical time!

Back in late September we had a 2 bedroom standard view at the Villas at the Grand Floridian booked, when we arrived we were assigned a lake view. Upgrades do happen, but not very often. Enjoy your trip, those Poly studios are nice and big.

DVC is a timeshare so things like upgrades aren’t going to happen unless there is a reason like a room being taken out of service. It is not the same as with a regular Disney reservation. Also, if you ask at check in about one and they grant you one, it’s possible that they will charge the owner the points difference...which has happened before when a renter has done this. But, as others said, the only change could be lake view rooms and if you really would like one of those, talk to the person who rented to you to see if she has the points and is willing to waitlist.

On a side note, I do hope that you understand that there will not be daily cleaning and that towels will not be replaced, except for day 4, if you want new ones at any other time, they will charge.

Now with the daily room checks, they do remove the trash daily.

No matter what, you will have a magical time!
Is this still the case Re: towels? We can’t just ask for fresh towels?

Is this still the case Re: towels? We can’t just ask for fresh towels?
That post was from 2019. It was changed and they now allow towels to be requested at any time and there is no charge.

They won’t come in and replace and they won’t necessarily take the old towels away..maybe if you handed them to them but we never have..until trash and towel day or if you stay more than 8 nights and get the full cleaning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter