Poly Vs. Grand Floridian

Nikki906

Mouseketeer
So let me start this by saying I love love Polynesian I stay there every time I go to Disney. With that being said I have reservations at Grand Floridian in about 10 days. Would you switch over to the DVC Poly? Ive never stayed in those rooms. I am one adult with 4 kids. Will we be cramped? TIA

I haven’t stayed in the DVC Poly rooms, only regular.
I wouldn’t switch. I love GF. We are a family of 5 and had no issues with space in Poly or GF.
I love both, but GF is my favorite. Plus even though the decorations aren’t as much as usual, the GF has more of a holiday vibe to me.

You can’t really go wrong with either choice though.

Have you ever stayed at the Grand Floridian? If not, why not give it a try? We love trying different resorts at Disney. You know you won't be staying at a dump, so the worst that can happen is you decide GF is not your speed and choose not to stay there again.

I presume you're asking about a Poly studio and not a Poly bungalow, correct? The studio is about 447 square feet compared to a standard room at GF which is about 440 square feet (unless you're staying DVC at GF?), so the difference in room size is negligible. Assuming you're staying in a standard room at GF and not DVC, then you would not have the kitchenette that you'd have in a Poly studio. However, a Poly studio would only have one real bed with a pull out sofa and a pull down bed. That may make the room feel crowded. At GF, you'd at least have two real beds plus the daybed, which I think would be more comfortable.

If it were me, I'd give GF a try. As PP said, you can't really go wrong with either.

Thank You for your input.....I will probably stay at the grand I just hate not being at the Poly LOL

The Poly is my absolute favorite, but I also love the GF. Since you've never stayed at the GF, I'd give it a try. I agree with the pp's that you can't go wrong with either one as they are both great resorts. Have a great trip :wizard:.

Poly is under construction right now, right? I wouldn’t stay there if you’re going soon. We always stay at GF and love the vibe.

I’d stay GF. I switched out of POLY due to construction, no monorail, and OHana. Plus if you’ve never stayed there it‘d be new a experience.

With Poly under construction it seems like the perfect time to try something different. I'd stick with the GF reservation.

If you are booking a GF hotel room, you'll probably be more comfortable in the hotel room than the Polynesian studio. GF hotel room will give you two queen beds and a day bed. Polynesian studio will give you on queen bed, one queen sleeper sofa and a bunk sized murphy bed. The bathroom space in the studio will be more, but you'll still only get one toilet. So the room space will be smaller in the studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter