Poly studios

jaz0308

DIS Veteran
I am new to DVC and bought direct at the Poly because we love it there. I see lots of threads saying that getting a studio is very difficult. Is it easier at the Poly since most of the inventory is studios, except of course the amazing bungalows . Most times I will be booking 11 months out but might not be able to do it exactly at 11 months at 8 AM! LOL! This would be for July or August as a travel date. Thank you for any experience with this particular resort!

As it is your home resort, and others can't book it until 7 months, I'd say you're odds are pretty good 9 to 11 months out, a little sketchier 7 to 9 months out, but still do-able. If all else fails, get on a waitlist during your 7 to 9 month window, if you can't get it immediately. There are almost always some, not a lot, but some, cancellations at 7 months. I was able to book a lake view studio at 7 months a couple of years ago, so it is do-able.

Summer time is typically a slow DVC season, so studios at Poly shouldn’t be a problem even at 7 months. We just bought a resale there and booked our 4th of July trip! We are getting 2 rooms but I have to add on days with my AKL points at 7 months- I don’t see that I will have any problem doing this.

Lake view studios aren’t even that hard at 7 months during less busy times. We booked a standard view studio in the 3 month window for late February this year.

I am new to DVC and bought direct at the Poly because we love it there. I see lots of threads saying that getting a studio is very difficult. Is it easier at the Poly since most of the inventory is studios, except of course the amazing bungalows . Most times I will be booking 11 months out but might not be able to do it exactly at 11 months at 8 AM! LOL! This would be for July or August as a travel date. Thank you for any experience with this particular resort!
I booked July at 7 months, no muss or fuss.

We don’t own at the Poly but have been able to book two standard studios and requested adjoining the last couple of summers, late July and late August. It’s been great and we have always gotten our requests. We love having the two bathrooms in each studio and with adjoining first floor rooms it just seems so spacious. The kids run around on the lawn while the adults sip wine under the orange glow of the tiki torches. We will continue to stay at the Poly for our summer trips.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like I will hopefully be fine! Can’t wait to try it out next July!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!