Poly Studio Villa Coffeemaker and Half and Half Question

Little E

DIS Veteran
Dear Dis friends, I need some help. We are staying at the Poly studio villa in March of this year. We are flying into MCO and taking the ME to the Poly. We have the DDP, and I usually pack breakfast stuff for us to eat a quick meal in our room before we hit the parks in the am, so that we can use our meal credits for lunch and dinner in the parks. It saves us money and time, and our suitcases go home a little lighter as well...plenty of room for Disney souvenirs!

I normally make the hike to the QS restaurant on property wherever we stay to get coffee in our refillable mugs for DH and me in the am. I've been the one to do this because normally I'm the first one up, and I've always been pretty persnickety about how my coffee is made...I've always been "a little coffee with my cream and sugar" kind of gal, and DH never used to get the ratios of coffee to cream and sugar correct. (He's a gem, and he tries really hard, tho!) I'm proud to say that I have kicked the sugar habit for a little over a year now, and so I really just need a little half and half in my coffee. So, I'm thinking that I don't need to make the hike to Captain Cook's to do my coffee ritual, and DH and I can just make coffee in the room. Yay! So, here are my questions:

1. Am I correct to assume in the Poly studio villas that the coffeemakers use the coffee pods and not filters and ground coffee? I'm assuming not the K-cup pods but the little filter/coffee combo pods? If so, can we request extra coffee pods from Mousekeeping? We paid cash for our studio, if that makes a difference.

2. Because we are flying and taking ME, we won't have a car. I plan to pack breakfast stuff and snacks, so it seems really silly to make a grocery order for just some half and half. I'm wondering if the store at the Poly carries half and half? I'm sure they have milk, but I really want the half and half. I would hate to have to hike to QS just to put a little half and half in my coffee. It would be awesome to have a carton of it in our room fridge.

Any intel on these issues would be awesome. Thank you so much!

@_auroraborealis_ Thanks so much for the info! Dumb question: how does the coffee come to put in the flat bottom filters? Also, do you know if the Poly store carries groceries such that I could buy a carton of half and half?

You can also buy the little packs of half and half. I think Land O Lakes brand. They do not have to be refrigerated and pack easily in a suitcase. I am also picky about my morning coffee and bring these in my luggage. Have a fun trip!

The coffee that is supplied in the villa is a prepackaged filter pack of Joffrey's coffee. It makes 4-6 cups of coffee. If you drink more than that, just ask housekeeping for additional coffee packs. As for half and half, they might have that in the store in the Polynesian. They should have milk (whole and 1%, not much 2%), coffee mate and possibly half and half Otherwise, you might check at the Speedway gas station.

If you prefer your own coffee, bring flat bottom basket style coffee filters and your favorite brand of coffee.

Hi - I was on a chat with customer service yesterday, and the cast member indicated that the Polynesian Studio Villas now have Keurig coffee machines. Has anyone been in a Polynesian Studio room recently to know if they’ve switched to k-cups?

@_auroraborealis_ Thanks so much for the info! Dumb question: how does the coffee come to put in the flat bottom filters? Also, do you know if the Poly store carries groceries such that I could buy a carton of half and half?
If you bring your own coffee, you also need to bring your own filters. The prefiltered packs of Joffrey's coffee is what is supplied. Similar to the pods they have in the hotels, but larger (4-6 or 6-8 cups each packet).

You can also buy the little packs of half and half. I think Land O Lakes brand. They do not have to be refrigerated and pack easily in a suitcase. I am also picky about my morning coffee and bring these in my luggage. Have a fun trip!
I came to say just this! We like the flavored version, and always bring it for travel so no fridge worries. Just plan on a bunch of them, I too prefer creamy coffee, and it always takes me at least 4 to get it to the color I like lol.

Hi - I was on a chat with customer service yesterday, and the cast member indicated that the Polynesian Studio Villas now have Keurig coffee machines. Has anyone been in a Polynesian Studio room recently to know if they’ve switched to k-cups?
We stayed 7/1-2 (last week) and it was not a keurig- it was a full size pot that takes flat basket filters. I hope they keep them, I love brewing a whole pot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!