Poly Studio or Caribbean Beach?

Castlepixie

Mouseketeer
We have 2 adults, 3 children. What are your recommendations re: room size/comfort between the 2 rooms?

Polynesian studio will probably be a bit bigger, plus it will have a microwave, toaster and regular drip coffee pot. But it will only have one queen bed, one queen sleeper sofa and one bunk sized murphy bed. CBR will have two queen beds and one bunk sized murphy bed.

The studio will also have both a tub with shower and a separate shower, but only one toilet.

We've never stayed at CBR, but here are my thoughts on the Poly for a family:

We stayed at the Poly DVC studios in April, 2018 (2 adults, 2 kids aged 9 and 7 at the time). The room was unwieldy. Like Deb & Bill says above, it had 1 queen, 1 queen sleeper sofa, and the murphy bed. I slept on the murphy bed, our youngest slept in the pull-out (by herself for some reason!) and my wife and our oldest slept on the queen bed. Our biggest issue was the (mis)allocation of space. The storage options were pretty haphazard, consisting mainly of a couple of small under-bed drawers, the coffee table opening up as a "foot-locker" setup and then two small drawers in the second bathroom. Since my stuff was in the coffee table, that meant that we had to take all the kids' stuff off the top for me to get at my clothes. Generally speaking, with the murphy bed, pull-out, and coffee table, it felt like we had to re-arrange our whole room at bedtime and morning.

The bathrrooms were weirdly set up, too. There are two bathrooms. One has a tub, the only toilet, and one sink and is massive. The second one has two sinks (if I remember correctly) and a walk-in shower. But the walk-in shower is raised up from the floor of the bathroom, so water was always leaking out; it wasn't a major issue, but more of a nuisance. I understand the desire to have two bathrooms, but they could have easily designed the two bathrooms better and used more of the space for storage.

These were all the cons. On the plus side, it was incredibly easy to get to the MK, either by monorail or by boat. Boat was very relaxing and a great way to escape from the crowds during the afternoon. Also, our longhouse (Tokelau) was pretty close to the TTC and next to the oasis pool. The theming was incredibly relaxing and our kids had a great time overall at the resort.

Ultimately I felt that the location/convenience, theming, and general vibe outweighed the unwieldy nature of the room, but I don't know if I would stay at the Poly again. In fact, next time we go, we are staying at the BC.

We've never stayed at CBR, but here are my thoughts on the Poly for a family:

We stayed at the Poly DVC studios in April, 2018 (2 adults, 2 kids aged 9 and 7 at the time). The room was unwieldy. Like Deb & Bill says above, it had 1 queen, 1 queen sleeper sofa, and the murphy bed. I slept on the murphy bed, our youngest slept in the pull-out (by herself for some reason!) and my wife and our oldest slept on the queen bed. Our biggest issue was the (mis)allocation of space. The storage options were pretty haphazard, consisting mainly of a couple of small under-bed drawers, the coffee table opening up as a "foot-locker" setup and then two small drawers in the second bathroom. Since my stuff was in the coffee table, that meant that we had to take all the kids' stuff off the top for me to get at my clothes. Generally speaking, with the murphy bed, pull-out, and coffee table, it felt like we had to re-arrange our whole room at bedtime and morning.

The bathrrooms were weirdly set up, too. There are two bathrooms. One has a tub, the only toilet, and one sink and is massive. The second one has two sinks (if I remember correctly) and a walk-in shower. But the walk-in shower is raised up from the floor of the bathroom, so water was always leaking out; it wasn't a major issue, but more of a nuisance. I understand the desire to have two bathrooms, but they could have easily designed the two bathrooms better and used more of the space for storage.

These were all the cons. On the plus side, it was incredibly easy to get to the MK, either by monorail or by boat. Boat was very relaxing and a great way to escape from the crowds during the afternoon. Also, our longhouse (Tokelau) was pretty close to the TTC and next to the oasis pool. The theming was incredibly relaxing and our kids had a great time overall at the resort.

Ultimately I felt that the location/convenience, theming, and general vibe outweighed the unwieldy nature of the room, but I don't know if I would stay at the Poly again. In fact, next time we go, we are staying at the BC.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter