Poly studio or BCV studio for family of 5?

MUDoc81

Earning My Ears
Our past several trips we’ve stayed at BLT and loved it! However now that kids are older (11, 8 and 5) and don’t nap, we usually stay in the parks most of the day aside from an occasional afternoon swim. We don’t think we really need the space of a 1 bdr villa anymore and are considering downsizing to one of the studios that sleep 5. (Not BLT). We’ve narrowed it to between the Poly and BCV...leaning towards the poly bc of monorail location, themeing seems more Disney and the 2nd partial bathroom.

Any other considerations or thoughts? Thanks!

I have only stayed at a BCV studio, but with older kids, I would definitely recommend Poly for the 2nd bath. Even though you only have 1 toilet, 2 people can shower at the same time, and have a little privacy and space getting dressed. I found even with 2 kids (one a toddler) the bathroom at BCV was hard - the one closet is right by the sink, and you have to squeeze by both to get to the toilet and shower. If someone is taking a bunch of space/time brushing their teeth or in front of the mirror, it can cause a traffic jam (DH putting in his contacts... )

I agree with Kboo. The Poly with a second bathroom is really great with 5 people in a room. DS14 brought a friend in March which made our total room count 5 people. We're normally a family of 4. We stayed at the Poly with the friend and it was fine. There's only one toilet though at the Poly studio, but still nice to have the second shower and vanity to get ready.

No matter what DVC says, I don't think five people belong in a studio. But that's just my opinion. We usually get a one bedroom just for the two of us. We had five in a one bedroom for one night last month and it felt tight.

the poly studios just have a bit more breathing room. the sleeper sofa is a queen, and you can still sit at the table & chairs when you use the pull down bed. we’ve stayed at both with 2 teens and a tween and definitely give the nod to the poly. as a bonus, the shower in the second bathroom is just fantastic.

Poly. Room is definitely larger and the 2 showers and 2 sinks are a huge benefit when you have 5 people trying to get ready.

Our past several trips we’ve stayed at BLT and loved it! However now that kids are older (11, 8 and 5) and don’t nap, we usually stay in the parks most of the day aside from an occasional afternoon swim. We don’t think we really need the space of a 1 bdr villa anymore and are considering downsizing to one of the studios that sleep 5. (Not BLT). We’ve narrowed it to between the Poly and BCV...leaning towards the poly bc of monorail location, themeing seems more Disney and the 2nd partial bathroom.

Any other considerations or thoughts? Thanks!
Poly rooms are huge and the second shower room will be a huge difference when getting ready in the morning, especially with 3 littles. Bring on the monorail is a big plus too since they will probably want to spend more time at MK than Epcot.

It sounds like the biggest draws for beach club (stormalong bay and Epcot) won’t do much for you.

If you go with Poly, there is a walkway to the TTC and you can get right on the Epcot monorail without having to transfer!

We own at BCV and love it there ... mostly for the pool and the ability to walk to EPCOT. But for a family of 5, hands down the Poly. We were 4 there and absolutely loved having the second shower/sink. And the main bathroom is HUGE! Just so handy when you have that many people trying to get ready!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter