Poly pool view rooms

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
Another thread got me thinking. If you had a Poly pool view and had Samoa facing the Lava Pool, how noisy and busy are these rooms? How was your experience?

Last edited:
We’ve stayed Samoa facing the Lava pool and Rarotonga facing the Oasis pool. We really enjoyed both locations but preferred Rarotonga slightly more. We would happily stay Samoa again though. I don’t think we noticed any noise when the patio door was closed.

We've never stayed in Samoa. I have the same concern you do regarding noise and chaos, so we simply never requested Samoa (I'm sure the room assigner was THRILLED as I was probably one of the few that didn't request that building, LOL!). We have stayed in Rarotonga facing the quiet pool and absolutely loved it. We were on the 3rd floor all the way at the end of the hall so, not only were we super close to the GCH, we also had an outdoor staircase nearby which led down to the path to the pools and the path to the TTC. It was SUPER convenient and less noisy and chaotic than many other areas around the rest of the resort. We've also stayed Fiji, marina side, third floor and enjoyed that as well.

We've never stayed in Samoa. I have the same concern you do regarding noise and chaos, so we simply never requested Samoa (I'm sure the room assigner was THRILLED as I was probably one of the few that didn't request that building, LOL!). We have stayed in Rarotonga facing the quiet pool and absolutely loved it. We were on the 3rd floor all the way at the end of the hall so, not only were we super close to the GCH, we also had an outdoor staircase nearby which led down to the path to the pools and the path to the TTC. It was SUPER convenient and less noisy and chaotic than many other areas around the rest of the resort. We've also stayed Fiji, marina side, third floor and enjoyed that as well.

I have no interest in Fiji. I have some mobility issues and I really need to be closer to TTC and GCH, etc. So torn about what to request.

I have no interest in Fiji. I have some mobility issues and I really need to be closer to TTC and GCH, etc. So torn about what to request.
A request is just a request. NO guarantee. If you have medical needs you should book accordingly through special needs

To repeat what Hopefully stated, a request is just that, a request. No guarantee you will get anything you request.

For example my one stay at the Poly I had requested a specific building, 3rd floor. I was placed on the 1st floor of a different building. You can't get to tied to a specific view or location, you may not get it.

How close is close? We just came back and stayed in Rarotanga, standard view. It was great for the GCH and pool/activities but still a good 10 minute walk to TTC. It was a pretty walk, but still a bit of a hike.

You can either be close to the GCH and have a 10 minute walk to the TTC, or be near the TTC and have a 10 minute walk to GCH. They are far enough apart so that the best you can do is something in the middle, or near one or the other.

I think a Rarotonga request would be something to consider. It's so close to the GCH and very close to the TTC path. Fiji is also very close to GCH (and there is a ramp to get into GCH from the path from Fiji), but, of course, further from the TTC path.

You can either be close to the GCH and have a 10 minute walk to the TTC, or be near the TTC and have a 10 minute walk to GCH. They are far enough apart so that the best you can do is something in the middle, or near one or the other.

Ok, such as what then though? If you are not DVC then what buildings do you refer to?

Ok, such as what then though? If you are not DVC then what buildings do you refer to?
Im not familiar with the details of DVC. All I mean is, as seen on maps of the resort, if you are in Pago Pago you're closest to the TTC and furthest from the GCH. If you're in Aotearoa, you're closest to GCH and furthest from TTC.

Another thread got me thinking. I had just booked a Poly Pool/Marina view. If you had a Poly pool view and had Samoa facing the Lava Pool, how noisy and busy are these rooms? Starting to think maybe I should not have picked pool category as I only want a quiet pool view, not the Lava pool. I thought Rarotonga was part of the pool view category, is it? How was your experience?
That's exactly what we had a couple weeks ago when I went for my wedding. We were there only one night, but it was a bit noisy during the day. I could clearly hear what was happening at the pool and we were on the second floor. It was my first time staying at Poly and I wasn't a big fan and probably won't go back, just not the right hotel for me. But the location of the room was great, really close to the main building for food and the monorail. And if you're going to the pool really convenient to get there.

upload_2018-12-5_15-50-26.png

We've stayed third floor Samoa facing the lava pool and we've stayed third floor facing the Oasis pool. The Oasis side was quiet. The Somoa side you could hear the music/fireworks when the sliding door was open. We couldn't see the show (tried to but the roof overhangs block anything) but could hear it! (The only requests I made were third floor and balcony but we paid for pool view room)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter