~~poly People Help~~ Tokelau Location Questions?

Since the Tokelau section doesn't have double sinks, would you suggest a Tahiti building then instead?

I would because personally I prefer the Tahiti building over Tokelau--mainly because there's a beach on the other side of the longhouse. :thumbsup2 Both longhouses have three stores.

The arcade is located in the Great Ceremonial House (GCH). It is right next to Captain Cooks. After 7pm you need to use your room key to get in. It's open 24 hours and has a nice assortment of games. The kids will have to purchase an arcade card as it doesn't use coins. Purchase can be done via your Key To The World card, credit card and dollar bills.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

I would because personally I prefer the Tahiti building over Tokelau--mainly because there's a beach on the other side of the longhouse. :thumbsup2 Both longhouses have three stores.

The arcade is located in the Great Ceremonial House (GCH). It is right next to Captain Cooks. After 7pm you need to use your room key to get in. It's open 24 hours and has a nice assortment of games. The kids will have to purchase an arcade card as it doesn't use coins. Purchase can be done via your Key To The World card, credit card and dollar bills.

Hope that helps! :thumbsup2

MsStinkerBelle.....we have requested Tokelau for our first Poly stay. We are three...dh,dw and 12 yr old ds. The more I read and prepare, the less certain I am of where we would prefer to stay. I would love your advice.....which longhouse, what floor, what view, ect.....? Thanks much... :dance3:

MsStinkerBelle.....we have requested Tokelau for our first Poly stay. We are three...dh,dw and 12 yr old ds. The more I read and prepare, the less certain I am of where we would prefer to stay. I would love your advice.....which longhouse, what floor, what view, ect.....? Thanks much... :dance3:

Hiya! :) I'll gladly give you what my thoughts are.

My absolute favorite view is the MK (Magic Kingdom) view. I can't afford concierge just yet so my favorite MK views are in the Tuvalu longhouse. First, this longhouse is perched on the water's edge rather than on a beach so the room looks like it's 'floating'. :cloud9: Plus the EWP rolls out starting at this longhouse then going across the lagoon. :woohoo: I prefer a 1st floor room because I like having a patio but a 3rd floor balcony is wonderful as well since your DS is 12. You are very close to the GCH (about a 30 second walk) and you enter right by Captain Cooks and the arcade. It's a short walk around the marina. Plus since you're right next to the marina you're also next to the boat launch to the MK. My second choice for a MK is the Tahiti building. It's farther away but is right on the beach.

Now for garden views I'd recommend the Samoa longhouse (facing the volcano pool), Fiji (facing the marina) or Tokelau (facing the quiet pool). All of these buildings are close to the GCH (Tokelau is a little closer to the TTC) and offer nice garden views. The bonus with Fiji is you can get a room with a marina view at the price of a garden view room!:banana:

I would definitely recommend checking out the new 2008 Polynesian Resort FAQ thread started by SeaSpray. Lots of Poly experts over there that can give you their advice/tips as well! Plus you can balance the info I've given you against what others have said there. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter