Poly or WL

skiwee1

DIS Veteran
I have ressies at the WL woodview for the beginning of May. I've been trying to get a day tacked on to the beginning of the stay there but with no success. Today I spoke to CRO who offered me the Poly standard view for the entire 8 nights instead of WL. The price is only $214 night compared to $160 at the WL. CRO used the CIF code but I know that code has expired. She knew it too but said it is still being accepted if anyone is interested. Anyway, which one would you take if money wasn't an issue and why? Are the rooms at the Poly as dark as the ones at the WL? I know the Poly rooms are a lot bigger but are they really that much nicer? Is it a long walk from some of the Poly buildings to the monorail? I've been to the CBR and do not want anything as spread out as that. Please help me decide. I have the Poly on hold for tonight and have solid ressies at the WL but really want to get this all planned out as soon as possible. Thanks!! :)

That's a tough one, because we love both almost equally. The lobby's in both are breathtaking. If money was truly no object, I would definitely go with Polynesian.

To us, there's nothing like having that monorail right there, plus TTC is a very short walk away, so you have easy access to Epcot and MK. The views are better at Polynesian, the pool is brand new and although I haven't seen it yet, it looks slightly nicer then WL pool. Plus, the rooms are definitely noticabley larger.

I also haven't stayed at Polynesian since I was a kid, so that's why we're doing Polynesian in June and WL next Jan. No matter what you decide, you'll love them both.

I would stay at whichever resort strikes your fancy more. I love them both, and for me, saving a few buck might sway me towards the WL.

I'd say the rooms are comparable as far as "darkness". The Poly rooms are larger, but not necessarily "nicer". Some rooms at the Poly are quite a walk from the GCH/Monorail, from some of them it's quicker to walk to the TTC or the GF. Neither is anywhere near as "spread out" as the CBR.

One possibility might be to stay the first night at the Poly, and then transfer to the WL. Disney will move your luggage for you and everything, and it's all a pretty easy process. We split most of our stays, just to have the opportunity to visit lots of different resorts!

Either way, have a great trip!

Hi: Have you seen tikimans site about the poly?

Personally I would pick the poly for the monorail, the larger rooms, plus they have a single size daybed, and if you like lush tropical surroundings boy its there. They also have a new volcano pool. Or do a split half and half.

Deb.

Here is tikimans website

http://www.homestead.com/tikiman2001/rooms.html

The walk from the farthest longhouse to the GCH is about 5 minutes (yes I have it on video with a timer). The Polynesian is not even close to how spread out the CBR is. I say go for the Polynesian.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter