Poly monorail?

donnamerry

Mouseketeer
Does the Poly monorail only go to the monorail resorts? If that's the case getting to MK would be by boat only from Poly?
thanks!

There are three monorails at WDW. one runs from the TTC to the MK and back. During the trip you pass by the Poly, GF and CR, but do not stop.

Another goes from the TTC, making stops at the Poly, GF, MK, CR and back tot he TTC in that order.

The third runs from the TTC to Epcot and back. To get from a stop on the first two to Epcot, you would switch monorails at the TTC.

You can take a monorail or a boat from the Poly to the MK and back.

Anne

Staying at Poly is a great location for MK. You usually don't have to wait very long for the monorail, and it is usually not as crowded as the TTC - MK only. We would take the monorail going and the boat on the way back, if it was crowded. For Epcot, we found it easier to walk to TTC (depending on where your room is), then take Epcot --TTC monorail.

Are the individual monorails clearly marked as to their destinations?
We will be dining at 'Ohana in January. We will be leaving one of the parks to get there, probably either MK or Epcot.
Thanks,
Figment

Yes, they are very clearly marked. As long as you're aware there is more than one choice at TTC and MK, you can't miss them.

At TTC, to change from MK monorail to Epcot monorail or vice-versa, you have to leave the platform and exit to ground level, then go up the ramp for the other monorail. But as was pointed out, there's no need to do that going from Poly to Epcot and back. It's easier and quicker to just walk Poly to TTC.

If you're arriving at Ohana after dark, the walk from TTC to Poly in the dark may be a little disconcerting for a first timer as the winding paths are lit only by "torches". But fear not! As long as you head west between the road and the lake, you can't go wrong!

Originally posted by figment27
Are the individual monorails clearly marked as to their destinations?
Figment

They are clearly marked with large signs... In addition, the train has audio reminders of the destinations. But just because the signs are there, doesnt mean people read them. I can't tell you how many times I got yelled at because the Express train I was driving didn't stop at the Contemporary.

Disney does a great job of providing clear signs that tell you exactly where the transportation goes. So, please... PLEASE... read the signs!

*steps down from my venting soap box* :teeth:

In all the times I've been to Disney World I have never been on the monorail. Seems like it might be fun! We're staying at Coronado w/o a car and we'd like to visit some of the MK resorts. Would it be worthwhile to take a bus to Epcot, pick up the monorail there to TTC, then hop on the resort monorail? I'm assuming we don't actually have to enter Epcot in order to pick the monorail up there?

Go for it! That sounds like a great plan! :)

Don't forget to ask to ride up front... the Cab can take 4 passengers... if it's taken, ask to wait for the next train... ITS WORTH IT!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter