POLY DVC to AK by car-do they just scan your band to park?

jade1

I spend half my money on WDW, and waste the rest.
I treated a coworker and fam to one night at POLY next month (they are staying offsite the week) and was wondering if they can then park for free at AK.

I assume so, they just don't want to take the bus.

So would they pull up to AK parking, scan the band and show ID correct? TIA.

Also, on check in morning-can they just use their bands to park at POLY? As long as the did online check in , and have the bands in the mail correct? And avoid the guard line.

I assume you registered the room in their name? Then check-in is like any other time. Your guest just tells the guard upon arrival their name and if its a DVC reservation parking will be free. After they are checked-in or if they do on-line check-in, yes they can just scan their MBs on the guest entry side.

And Theme Park parking is free to registered guests on the check in and check out day.

I assume you registered the room in their name?

Well it;s still in my name, but they are on the reservation. I won't be down there.

Do you think that is OK, or should I remove my name. Thanks.

Your guest just tells the guard upon arrival their name and if its a DVC reservation parking will be free. After they are checked-in or if they do on-line check-in, yes they can just scan their MBs on the guest entry side.

So just to be sure, if they do online check in, they can avoid the guard, and if trouble with the bands they will come over and help/verify etc.

They do not "have" to even check in (in person) before the gates work. They also kinda want to go directly to MK and not waste time checking in until later.

Last edited:
This is one of those times where somebody can not belive we go to WDW so often, and further more why we would join an onsite time share.

So I kinda want them to see what it's like and why we do it-if that makes sense.

They claim they will prob just go back to the house for the night (and then to AK in the am by car), but I said bring an overnight bag "in case" you stay for HEA and don't want to deal with everything.

Id be concerned about you being the lead guest and not being there. Any reason you aren't just booking them alone?

Id be concerned about you being the lead guest and not being there. Any reason you aren't just booking them alone?

No, weirdly I just didn't want to possibly effect some FP's (including 7DMT and FoP) we got for them.

Like don't make waves, but prob just being paranoid.

I guess I will just call in and take me off.

I can’t see there being a problem. Plans change all the time. Disney as a hotelier knows this.

My cousin checked in at BWV hours before I got there in February. If my plane had been delayed or my son got sick and I had to stay home, etc, she wouldn’t have had a single problem for the stay.

No, weirdly I just didn't want to possibly effect some FP's (including 7DMT and FoP) we got for them.

Like don't make waves, but prob just being paranoid.

I guess I will just call in and take me off.

That's all based on their names not yours. It shouldn't be an issue for anything whether your name is or is not on the reservation but there isn't really a need for your name to be on the reservation. I have run into a CM or two that had difficulty locating our families/guests name on the reservation if they were checking in before us but always mention the other names on it helps them find it. And if they do online check in they shouldn't have to go to the desk unless there's some issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!