Poly DVC or Standard room?

Jnbm63

Mouseketeer
Hi, My DH really wants to stay at Poly on our next trip. There are five of us. DS will be 10, DD 9 and DS 7. We were thinking it would be better with two queens in the standard room, but if I rent points I could save some money. What are everyone's thoughts?

In the DVC studio, there is less storage. The boys would need to share the sofa bed; when the sofa bed is out there is a lot less room to move around. Pull down the murphy for your daughter, and people may trip over each other.

In the Standard room, the boys would share a queen, and your daughter would get the daybed. The space is designed around the queen, so the walking around part is a bit better, as is the storage.

Only you can decide what the balance between $ and space is. As well, I'd comment that depending on dates, point rental is by no means a sure thing. There are many more requests to rent into Poly DVC than home resort points (owners at DVC) renting; at 7 months, when any point can book, availability often dries up very fast, especially for popular dates like all of fall, and any holiday weekend.

In the DVC studio, there is less storage. The boys would need to share the sofa bed; when the sofa bed is out there is a lot less room to move around. Pull down the murphy for your daughter, and people may trip over each other.

In the Standard room, the boys would share a queen, and your daughter would get the daybed. The space is designed around the queen, so the walking around part is a bit better, as is the storage.

Only you can decide what the balance between $ and space is. As well, I'd comment that depending on dates, point rental is by no means a sure thing. There are many more requests to rent into Poly DVC than home resort points (owners at DVC) renting; at 7 months, when any point can book, availability often dries up very fast, especially for popular dates like all of fall, and any holiday weekend.
Thank you. I was thinking the week after Thanksgiving 2018.

Thank you. I was thinking the week after Thanksgiving 2018.

That week is the highest demand week for DVC at WDW all year long. DVC busy season does not match with what people consider WDW busy season. Rooms for that week will already be gone before 7 months (there were missing days that week before 7 months this year), so you will need to be trying to find an owner and committing at 11 months, which is coming up soon. And, even then, there are definitely more requests for Poly to brokers than there are points being rented.

The standard is a better size for 5 people. They are among the biggest standard rooms in Disney - it will be more comfortable for all of you. Enjoy - Poly is our favorite!

I would do a standard room with 5 people. The rooms are pretty big and spacious. I know the studios are smaller.

I am on the same boat. We are a family of 5, we have always stayed in the regular rooms at the Poly and DH and I took turns sleeping with the 2 of the 3 kickers/twisters. Each kid got a turn on the sofa bed or with DH or I in a bed...but DH snores and we were in separate beds so kicking him to stop was difficult as my legs are not that long.

But showers take so long with just one shower so the added shower is the bonus/wow factor. I am OK with the room feeling smaller because we are really just showering, sleeping and eating breakfast in there...well dressing and doing the toilet thing too!

I have to submit a request, I think Jan 1st as I was waiting for the 9 month or 7 month mark to make the move/cheaper. And if I don’t get it then we will stay in a regular room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter