Poly Booked:( ... Wilderness or Contemporary?

Tinkrbell

Mouseketeer
Poly is booked for our travel dates and don't know what to choose.
Which one would be better?

Thanks

Sorry to hear you cant get the Poly (when are you traveling?) Contemp is right on the Monorail and that is a nice feature. I have never been to WL.
Are you traveling with kids? HOw old? :confused:

We have stayed at both. WL is my favorite resort. The building is amazing! The lobby is to die for. There are rocking chairs all around & lots of little nooks to relax in! The pool is nice with waterfalls and such. Downside is bus transportation.(I heard they may change this soon), but I believe you still share a bus with Poly & GF to get to some parks. The rooms aren't very large, but they do have bunkbed rooms which my kids love.

I loved the Contemporary, too. The rooms were very large. 2 queens beds & a daybed. Bathroom is a lot larger,too. I like the Contemporary food court better than WL. If you like to use the monorail, this is the resort for you. The pool is very plain, but my kids loved it because the slide is very good.

Have a great trip!

We have stayed at both WL (secondary courtyard view), and the Contemporary (garden wing---Bay Lake view). Between the 2, I far preferred the Contemporary. The rooms are HUGE and bright, compared with the small, cramped and darkish rooms at WL. It is also so much more convenient to everything. We will definitely return to the Contemporary to stay, but only to the WL to visit. The main draw there is the fabulous lobby and pool area.

If you really want the Poly, try try again! Cancellations happen every day:) !
With that said, we loved the WL in Dec. but plan to try the CR soon. Will you have a car?

I really enjoyed the CR (Tower). Matter of fact, I tried to get CR for my September trip but it was booked, so I am staying at the Poly (LV).

The monorail was even more convenient than the Poly and DS loves Chef Mickey. The rooms are a bit wild but I liked them. I really cannot think of any complaints about my stay at CR.

I have never stayed at WL so I cant help there. Good Luck whatever you decide!

Thank You[/B

Thank you for all of the help! I will definitly try again for the Poly, maybe a cancellation. But if I can't get in, I know I am going to have a tough decision.

We stayed at the Poly in Aug. and we loved it. My kids really liked the pool. We are traveling in April, so Im not real hopeful on a room opening up, or EVER getting into Cindys foe that matter. (7 X's now, and no Cindy's)

We have stayed at WL and truly love the atmosphere. If you don't like a woodsy, yellowstone type setting, this is not for you. You take a boat to MK, from there you can get on the monorail to Epcot from there. You can also take a bus to Epcot, MGM and AK.

If you like a more modern(at least that was the idea in the '70's), the Contemporary would be for you. I have stayed at the Poly, and do admit having the monorail at your resort is wonderful.

I would also keep trying and when you do, I would even accept just one room at a time. I would keep your other ressie and also start accepting rooms that open up at Polynesian. Keep calling back until you add up enough to cover you vacation. Even if you only get a few, maybe you'd want to switch - we switch every trip and it's great, even with little ones.

That being said, we far prefer WL over Cont. Cont. is too cold and boring for us. The WL is amazingly themed and our kids far prefer their pool over Cont.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter