POLY, BLT & THE DREAM, WITH A TEEN AND A TWEEN…APRIL 2016***COMPLETED 8/15****

LOVED your trip report! We are going on our first cruise in a little over 2 weeks from now and I loved reading your report because it helps me understand what to expect. The one question I have for you is how did your son make friends in Vibe...are there organized activities for them or do they just walk in and hope they find someone to talk to? I am sure it might be hard to get info out of your son...he sounds like he was the exact age as my dd14 is as we are going on it and she is more on the shy side so I worry that she will end up not wanting to go there and end up missing out on some really special times. Anyway, it was great to read all about your trip! Thanks for putting so much thought and detail into it!!

Thank you for reading!

DS is definitely NOT the outgoing type, so I'm not really sure how he made friends in there…that's a good question! HaHa! We did go up there on the first day just so he could see where it is and find it on his own later. Throughout that first day he would go back by himself. I just asked him how he made friends in the Vibe, and he said, "I met Paula and she was a lot more social than me." Here's his advice,via text to me just now when I asked him…
"be open to new ideas-don't be a stick in the mud-stay out late and hang out-I was up till 1 but I had fun." LOL! So I think I wouldn't worry about it. All your dd needs to do is find ONE person and it all flows naturally from there. Also, remind her that nobody knows each other already…everybody in there is meeting for the first time. I think that's easier than trying to get in a group that is established already.

Good luck! Have a blast on your cruise, and if you think of it, post when you get back and let me know how it works out!

Thank you for reading!

DS is definitely NOT the outgoing type, so I'm not really sure how he made friends in there…that's a good question! HaHa! We did go up there on the first day just so he could see where it is and find it on his own later. Throughout that first day he would go back by himself. I just asked him how he made friends in the Vibe, and he said, "I met Paula and she was a lot more social than me." Here's his advice,via text to me just now when I asked him…
"be open to new ideas-don't be a stick in the mud-stay out late and hang out-I was up till 1 but I had fun." LOL! So I think I wouldn't worry about it. All your dd needs to do is find ONE person and it all flows naturally from there. Also, remind her that nobody knows each other already…everybody in there is meeting for the first time. I think that's easier than trying to get in a group that is established already.

Good luck! Have a blast on your cruise, and if you think of it, post when you get back and let me know how it works out!

Thanks so much for asking your son! I really appreciate it. She has started high school this year and went to a school where she knew no one and has had to be brave and put herself out there and it has definitely paid off so hopefully she will take those lessons and apply them when we get on the cruise. I will let you know how it works out!! Thanks again for you great trip report! I was so helpful!

Just found your report and thoroughly enjoyed it! We're going to Disney in April 2017, overlapping the Star Wars marathon (think this is similar timing to your trip). Did you find the parks mobbed? I'm pretty concerned about the crowds- we have always gone the end of August. And your mention of airfare is true!! We're in Boston and its pricing in the $600s now! Hoping it drops!

Thanks so much for asking your son! I really appreciate it. She has started high school this year and went to a school where she knew no one and has had to be brave and put herself out there and it has definitely paid off so hopefully she will take those lessons and apply them when we get on the cruise. I will let you know how it works out!! Thanks again for you great trip report! I was so helpful!

I'm sure she'll do great! Let me know!

Just found your report and thoroughly enjoyed it! We're going to Disney in April 2017, overlapping the Star Wars marathon (think this is similar timing to your trip). Did you find the parks mobbed? I'm pretty concerned about the crowds- we have always gone the end of August. And your mention of airfare is true!! We're in Boston and its pricing in the $600s now! Hoping it drops!

Ahhhh…I LOVE going in April and it makes me sad that I won't be next April! With a good plan, the crowds are manageable in April, however, we have never gone the week just before or just after Easter. That's actually why we aren't going in 2017, because our April break is the week leading into Easter and those crowds scare me :scared1: Of course, that's nt the only reason we are skipping 2017…I am saving my points for a big trip in 2018 ::yes::

I still think you can have a BLAST, as long as you have reasonable expectations. We tend to like to get to the parks for rope-drop and then take nice breaks in the middle of the day to swim and relax before dinner. I think if you're going around Easter, rope-drop shouldn't be an option but a necessity. Also, having a good plan and making your FastPass reservations helps. At the very least, you'll get your morning rides and then your fastness rides…if nothing else :thumbsup2

Your ADR date will be coming up soon, so also make sure you make some dining reservations so you can have a break from the crowds.

The weather is just PERFECT in April…hot enough for swimming, but not TOO hot:sunny:

Are you going to run in the Star Wars Marathon? That was really fun…I'd definitely do it again!

$600 for airfare is insane! I hope it comes down for you…did you check into flying out of Bradley? I always find it cheaper than Boston. Good Luck!

Thank you! I appreciate the comment...I love when alerts pop up from my past trip reports!

I'm sure she'll do great! Let me know!

Ahhhh…I LOVE going in April and it makes me sad that I won't be next April! With a good plan, the crowds are manageable in April, however, we have never gone the week just before or just after Easter. That's actually why we aren't going in 2017, because our April break is the week leading into Easter and those crowds scare me :scared1: Of course, that's nt the only reason we are skipping 2017…I am saving my points for a big trip in 2018 ::yes::

I still think you can have a BLAST, as long as you have reasonable expectations. We tend to like to get to the parks for rope-drop and then take nice breaks in the middle of the day to swim and relax before dinner. I think if you're going around Easter, rope-drop shouldn't be an option but a necessity. Also, having a good plan and making your FastPass reservations helps. At the very least, you'll get your morning rides and then your fastness rides…if nothing else :thumbsup2

Your ADR date will be coming up soon, so also make sure you make some dining reservations so you can have a break from the crowds.

The weather is just PERFECT in April…hot enough for swimming, but not TOO hot:sunny:

Are you going to run in the Star Wars Marathon? That was really fun…I'd definitely do it again!

$600 for airfare is insane! I hope it comes down for you…did you check into flying out of Bradley? I always find it cheaper than Boston. Good Luck!
Thank you for the info. I'm hoping by the time we get there (Tuesday after Easter), the Easter crowds will be dying down. I was super concerned that the Marathon would make everywhere crazy, but we're just going to roll with it. I'm not running the marathon, although it's on my bucket list! Still watching airfare! We've got to go for my nephew's wedding, so really praying for a fare drop. Thanks again!

APRIL 17, 2016: BUT IN MY HEART'S A MEMORY, AND THERE YOU'LL ALWAYS BE

View attachment 186563

One last time walking through these gates :sad:
View attachment 186564

And one last ride on the Monorail…
View attachment 186567

View attachment 186568

One last traditional picture with Mickey. I almost forgot to take this one and literally made the kids run out while we were waiting for the Magical Express to arrive1
View attachment 186565
Same place in 2013…
View attachment 186572

The Magical Express picked us up around 5:30 and we made it to the airport in plenty of time. Here's our plane waiting to take us back to CT :sad::sad::sad:
View attachment 186566

We had such a wonderful trip, but now it seems like it was forever ago! I am especially sad because it looks like we won't be going back to WDW until 2018…BUT…we ARE going back to Universal and going on the DREAM again next June! So I guess I can't be TOO upset!

We are also leaving tomorrow for Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and this will be our first time there so I am super excited :banana:

If anyone is interested, I will probably be posting a short trip report on the Vacation Club Forums about this upcoming trip.

:thanks::thanks::thanks:Thank you SO much for following along with me!! Reliving it was ALMOST as much fun as actually being there :P:P:P

Hey! I just found this trip report and really enjoyed binge reading it! Where was the picture taken where you can sit in the mickey ears? Was that at BLT? Such a cute picture!

Hey! I just found this trip report and really enjoyed binge reading it! Where was the picture taken where you can sit in the mickey ears? Was that at BLT? Such a cute picture!

Thanks! That picture was from behind The Contemporary, as you walk from the tower to the pool you'll see it :-)

a couple things I would do differently on our next cruise: 1) Request to be seated at our own table (without table mates)

How and when should we do this? Love this report and nice seeing pictures of the ship we will be on in March. The aquaduck looks like so much fun!

How and when should we do this? Love this report and nice seeing pictures of the ship we will be on in March. The aquaduck looks like so much fun!

You could make that request now. Every so often, from now until your cruise, I would also call to check and see if they still had the request noted. That's what I did before our cruise this past April and we were seated at our own table. We found it to be WAY more relaxing. I've already made the request for our cruise next April, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter