• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly AP Rate - no one asked for my AP

Melrosgirl

DVC Member - BCV
I am just back from the Poly where I was booked with an AP rate. (I do have an AP pass which I bought right before this trip.)

Upon check in, no one asked me for my AP. I was surprised by this. :confused3

On our April trip to the GF no one asked either. Maybe it's in the computer once you activate.

I had an AP back in 2001 and when we checked in at the Poly I was not asked to show my AP (I just had the voucher at that point). The CM did say, as she was checking us in on her system, "I see you are an AP holder". I asked her if she needed to see my voucher and she said no.

Debbie

We are never asked for the AP. Even when our APs were not in the system and they had no idea we still were not asked. The CM at the front desk said since CRO has typed it in that you have an AP then they don't check. I thought that strange since anyone can call and say they have an AP.

We were just there in March (POFQ) and they asked for it. They also asked for it at one of the resorts we stayed in last July but can't remember which one. It seems to be a random thing.

Melrosgirl said:
I am just back from the Poly where I was booked with an AP rate. (I do have an AP pass which I bought right before this trip.)

Upon check in, no one asked me for my AP. I was surprised by this. :confused3

And sometimes they can see them. I once had a CM being trained and the more experienced CM showed her where my AP was on the computer system. She had the number and expiration date!

I just found it strange. I had not activated my AP at the time. Didn't activate it until the next day.

I've made several visits with an AP discounted rate over the last year and 1/2.

When I've stayed in a Deluxe, they've never asked me to show the AP at check in.

When I've stayed at a Moderate or POP, they asked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter