Poll: Your Riviera Resale price

At what price would you buy Riviera on the resale market (Be limited to staying only at Riviera)?

• $160

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • $150

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • $140

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • $130

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • $120

Votes: 40 10.2%
  • $110

Votes: 28 7.1%
  • $100

Votes: 80 20.4%
  • Under $90

Votes: 210 53.4%

• Total voters
It already has an offer and accepted. It was missing the points for 2019 and 2020 so $121 makes you scratch your head...

It will be interesting what it sold for but if it went fast, it would seem it had To be close to asking. Then again, even $10 less is only a $500 loss for seller.

I think that being only 50 points is what made it go quick. Someone just wanting one to use for studios.

They have a note in the listing that only a full price offer would be considered. It looks like it went for the $121pp. I’m not confused by it. That’s a savings of $3350 over direct. That’s a lot of money. It’s also a small contract which we know people love.

I know we still have very few data points here, but a small (stripped) 50 point contract selling for at most $121/point, is further evidence supporting the general sentiment I've gotten from these boards that a standard sized contract for RIV will settle under $120/point and maybe closer to $100 since small pointers always sell for a premium.

I'm sure there will be buyers at that price, but I for one am not interested in RIV in general, so I wouldn't be a buyer even below $100. If there were no restrictions I would probably consider it, but then the price would also be higher so I would probably end up looking at a different resort I like more.

They have a note in the listing that only a full price offer would be considered. It looks like it went for the $121pp. I’m not confused by it. That’s a savings of $3350 over direct. That’s a lot of money. It’s also a small contract which we know people love.
Yes also consider that you cannot even compare it to direct because you actually cannot buy only 50 points from disney. While there is perhaps not that much thought going on, you would think that would actually raise the price on this vs other size contracts you could buy direct.

It could also be a new buyer who wants to own RIV who can now go in and buy 100 points direct. Gets the flexibility but saved on those 50?

I know we still have very few data points here, but a small (stripped) 50 point contract selling for at most $121/point, is further evidence supporting the general sentiment I've gotten from these boards that a standard sized contract for RIV will settle under $120/point and maybe closer to $100 since small pointers always sell for a premium.

I'm sure there will be buyers at that price, but I for one am not interested in RIV in general, so I wouldn't be a buyer even below $100. If there were no restrictions I would probably consider it, but then the price would also be higher so I would probably end up looking at a different resort I like more.

I don't see how you can make assumtions off a contract that sold fast for asking price. If it sold that fast for asking price that would mean someone thought it was a great value.

I don't see how you can make assumtions off a contract that sold fast for asking price. If it sold that fast for asking price that would mean someone thought it was a great value.

I'm not making any assumptions here. I just pointed out that this one data point falls in line with the general sentiment I've gotten from these boards on where the resale price will fall for RIV. If I said all future contracts will sell similarly that is an assumption. I'm just saying this one contract did sell within a generally expected range. We wont know more until we have many more data points.

On a side note, we don't know for sure that this did sell for asking. The listing said they would only accept asking, but we don't know yet. This is just an assumption that it did at this point 🙂

ETA: It probably did sell for asking.

Last edited:
I wonder if that $121 price includes reimbursement for the 2020 dues on the missing points. Regardless, I'm not so sure I would agree that it's that significant of a savings once you account for the missing points. Even if you value the points at $15 each, this person bought a restricted contract that they can't use for two years for the equivalent of $151pp. Call me crazy but I don't see the value there.

I think the contract had full points. I don’t believe you can use points from a contract before a resort has opened. I have 5 different contracts, including one at Rivera, and I tried to book a reservation before it opens on Dec 16th and the Riveria contract doesn’t even come up as an option to book the reservation for another resort. The other contracts came up as options to book the reservation.

I think the contract had full points. I don’t believe you can use points from a contract before a resort has opened. I have 5 different contracts, including one at Rivera, and I tried to book a reservation before it opens on Dec 16th and the Riveria contract doesn’t even come up as an option to book the reservation for another resort. The other contracts came up as options to book the reservation.

The listing says cannot close until 4/1. So they have a reservation between now and then that is using the 50 x 2 points.

The listing says cannot close until 4/1. So they have a reservation between now and then that is using the 50 x 2 points.

Not to belabor the point, but I am using RIV points to stay in December 2019 and August 2020. If I were to sell now, my contract would be pretty stripped and have a "cannot close until September __ 2020" on the listing.

I wonder if that $121 price includes reimbursement for the 2020 dues on the missing points. Regardless, I'm not so sure I would agree that it's that significant of a savings once you account for the missing points. Even if you value the points at $15 each, this person bought a restricted contract that they can't use for two years for the equivalent of $151pp. Call me crazy but I don't see the value there.

It cannot close until after 4/1/2020, so that will cover 2020 dues question.

I agree that one should value the missing points at $15 each year. But small contracts have a premium of $15-20 (sometimes more) on the resale market. So this would suggest closer to $135/point if this were a "normal sized" contract. I realize there is no consensus on what RVA resale price should be, but ~$135 seems about what I would expect.

RIV resale price is going to run pretty much exactly the cash rental price at RIV, I mean why would you pay more?

We actually don't know that it sold for $121. Also this is a small contract that is impossible to buy by itself from disney which usually creates a premium so if it sold for $121 that is probably a fair average price. For all these people saying Riv buyers in general aren't educated on resale/restrictions I'm wondering how this seller knew about splitting contracts. This seller must have another contract because since Riv began selling I am pretty sure contract minimum was 75 points.

They obviously have a vacation planned, but that's a pricey vacation now at this point. Even just on the 50 points they paid $67/pp plus dues for a total of $75 per point for one trip that is probably, on 50 points, getting you maybe 2 or 3 nights? You could book a week cash with the discounts at Riv for the same price. I wonder how the seller could need $6k that bad when they spent over half that on this trip some time in the last ten months.

If they really could get $135 or higher I'd cancel the trip, sell at that price and then rebook with cash.

We actually don't know that it sold for $121. Also this is a small contract that is impossible to buy by itself from disney which usually creates a premium so if it sold for $121 that is probably a fair average price. For all these people saying Riv buyers in general aren't educated on resale/restrictions I'm wondering how this seller knew about splitting contracts. This seller must have another contract because since Riv began selling I am pretty sure contract minimum was 75 points.

They obviously have a vacation planned, but that's a pricey vacation now at this point. Even just on the 50 points they paid $67/pp plus dues for a total of $75 per point for one trip that is probably, on 50 points, getting you maybe 2 or 3 nights? You could book a week cash with the discounts at Riv for the same price. I wonder how the seller could need $6k that bad when they spent over half that on this trip some time in the last ten months.

If they really could get $135 or higher I'd cancel the trip, sell at that price and then rebook with cash.

Current owners can add on at RIV with just 50 points. This seller has to have other DVC points. But it does seem very odd to have bought a contract to use 100 points and then sell so quickly

The only way these early sales make any sense is if there is something extraordinary going on - divorce, bankruptcy, death, etc. But this one really baffles me, it cant be one of those things if they still have a trip planned! What is the story??

Current owners can add on at RIV with just 50 points. This seller has to have other DVC points. But it does seem very odd to have bought a contract to use 100 points and then sell so quickly
Ah good point. I assume they are selling all their points because just selling these seems like the oddest choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter