Poll: Your Plans for Galaxy's Edge

How will Galaxy's Edge opening affect your planning?

• We're just waiting for the opening date annoucement so we can be there Day 1!

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • We're planning an extra trip late 2019 or early 2020 and can't wait!

Votes: 82 19.7%
  • We're delaying our normal/planned trip this year in order to go after GE is open.

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • We're skipping 2020 and will plan a trip when the crazy quiets down again.

Votes: 108 25.9%
  • We're not changing our plans at all - que sera, sera.

Votes: 179 42.9%

• Total voters

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
Since it's come up in several threads with people coming at it from different angles, I'm curious what the Disboards consensus is. Are people looking to go as soon as possible or are people running from the chaos.

Since it's come up in several threads with people coming at it from different angles, I'm curious what the Disboards consensus is. Are people looking to go as soon as possible or are people running from the chaos.

Neither. We typically go August and December. We will continue to do so. But I’m not bothered by crowds. If we’re around when it opens we’ll go. I’m not excited about it though. I could take it or leave it.

Are people looking to go as soon as possible or are people running from the chaos.

Neither

I voted Not Changing My Plans
I usually go to Disneyland last week of June, have been doing this every year since 2010. I have booked my hotel in Anaheim for June 2019. If Galaxys Edge is open, great, I'll have a wander in to see what its like. Im not expecting to go on any of the rides in 2019, I'll wait until 2020.

If its not open, then like when Carsland opened, I'll see it on my next trip.

Since I'm not sure when it will open, I figure we will keep going along as planned and when it opens, we will see it on our next trip if we miss it.

My wife and I go in March and November. We plan our weeks no matter what’s going on. If anything, the announcement of the opening dates of new attractions end up telling us which parks to avoid, haha.

We typically wait until the year after to visit the new attractions. I’m not sure if that will happen with the hype and popularity of Galaxy’s Edge, but that’s the plan.

I did opening of pandora and tou story land. So I plan on doing galaxy edge

But I do plan a trip last week of April for my birthday and then sometime in September- October if opening weekend is latter I will more then likely just wait and go down for opening weekend or add a short trip in living just under 4 hours away makes it easer to do ( and having an AP helps a lot)

We do 2-3 trips a year and have March, Oct and Dec planned for 2019. Didn't consider SW when we made plans (we are DVC so we book about 11 months out). But was glad to have the Dec trip as SW *should* be open then. We are adding on 3 nights at CCV on front of our week off site (Xmas week) so as to go and check it out before the added craziness of Xmas week kicks in.

Skipping 2020 and going to Universal instead. Wouldn’t mind it opening while we are there for Thanksgiving next year, but I am not expecting that.

I voted "not changing plans" because I have no intention of dealing with the crowds. Once the rush dies down, I'll go. Of course I'm a local so its not a big adjustment to my plans.

It will probably be late 2020 or sometime in 2021 before we return to the parks. We have no desire to get caught up in the SW crowds. 2 of us love SW, but we can wait.

As much as we like Star Wars, won't be going near WDW for quite a while till it calms down. Maybe not at all with the constant price increases.. can't see paying a lot of money to be in crowds worse than they have been.

I am planning a trip for Christmas 2019. Didn't consider SW in our plans but are excited tto see a new area and try new rides.

Our plans will be to hit DHS first thing in the morning on an EMH day (so likely 6/7am) to get on the new rides. We did that for Pandora very successfully and are willing to wake up early.

If Galaxy's Edge opens before Thanksgiving, I'm all in. Would be a big trip where part or all of the stay would be higher than my usual moderate. If I get there in November, I won't go back to Disney in 2020.

If not, I'll be waiting until at least March 2020. Maybe later (the first Spring Break period with Galaxys Edge open may not be the best of ideas).

Pandora opened on May 27th, I rode it the first time on my arrival night of June 12th. Toy Story Land I wasn't close, went in November.

Star Wars fans ... but ...
No change in plans.
No plans to make a huge effort to enter the chaos.
If we do, fine, if we don't, fine.
HOPING for a SW only EMM and/or DAH.
Would book both for sure.
Thinking we might not see until 2020 ...
Unless there is an AP Preview, will try hard for that.

No change in plans.

This is almost exactly what I’m thinking. I’m not a fan of paying for the upcharge events that like DAH, but we will make an exception for this one. We are AP holders and generally only come in for day trips or single night stays. No way I’ll score FP even at 60 days. It’s either splurge on Club level and 90 Day FP for one night OR pay for a special after hours event.

No change in plans.

I am shocked at how many people are either planning on avoiding Disney or not changing their plans for GE. I expected a substantial number of people here to be chomping at the bit to go as soon after opening as they could. Apparently not. Where are you, SW and Disney superfans!!! :earsboy: :earsgirl: :chewy: :darth: ???!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!