POLL: What do you think will be the opening day for SWGE - Star Wars Galaxy's Edge?

What do you think will be the opening day for Galaxy's Edge?

• OCT 2019 - Any Saturday in Oct

Votes: 22 8.4%
  • NOV 2 - The Saturday after Halloween

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • NOV 9-23 Any Saturday before Thanksgiving

Votes: 68 26.0%
  • NOV 30 - The Saturday after Thanksgiving

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • DEC 7-21 - Any Saturday in Dec before Xmas

Votes: 82 31.3%
  • JAN 2020 on - I think they will hold off until after Xmas and NYE

Votes: 12 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyMom93

DisneyMom
The "date" for SWGE opening is Fall 2019. Anyone have any opinions on which day it will open? And why?

I chose Saturday because that's when Pandora and Toy Story Land opened.

(I've never done this before... I hope I did it right.) :blush:

I voted for the Saturday after Halloween.......and why? Because I want it to be open for a month before we arrive so *some* of the newness has worn off :rotfl2:(like that's going to happen anytime soon)! I wouldn't mind an AP or DVC preview during the week of September 16th either ;)

I voted for the Saturday after Halloween.......and why? Because I want it to be open for a month before we arrive so *some* of the newness has worn off :rotfl2:(like that's going to happen anytime soon)! I wouldn't mind an AP or DVC preview during the week of September 16th either ;)
:rotfl: Maybe there should be a poll: When do you WANT SWGE to open. That's a totally different question!

I voted for any Saturday in Dec before Xmas. I think between Thanksgiving and Xmas makes the most sense. Although the last Saturday before Xmas is the first day of winter so it's not technically "Fall 2019."

But that's also what I'm hoping for! Leave November alone!

I picked the Saturday after Halloween because another Saturday in November makes me nervous for our trip lol but either way if it's open we'll be there

I picked the Saturday after Halloween because another Saturday in November makes me nervous for our trip lol but either way if it's open we'll be there
That weekend is wine and dine so I don’t think they will back the opening against the run.

We will be there toward the end of October and unless they have soft openings for DVC, Ap holders like they had for Pandora, I don't want to be around for the masses when SWGE opens. Happy to wait until the next year.

It’s really hard to say. A lot can happen between now and the end of the year. All it would take is a major hurricane to set construction back weeks or months. Plus, there could be issues that show up when DL opens their SWGE this summer that could cause changes to be made here at WDW. If nothing happens to cause construction delays, I would say right after Food and Wine ends would make sense, with that cushion before the huge holiday crowds at Christmas/New Year’s. If there are any delays I could easily see it pushed back into January.

I picked December, mostly because I booked early November and I am hoping it isn't ready by then. I also think that there will be delays and that it is likely to push it into early December. They will want it ready to show off for the Xmas special.

My true wish is that they run soft opening while we are there and we get lucky, but I figure that is a 1/1000 chance.

I picked December, mostly because I booked early November and I am hoping it isn't ready by then. I also think that there will be delays and that it is likely to push it into early December. They will want it ready to show off for the Xmas special.

My true wish is that they run soft opening while we are there and we get lucky, but I figure that is a 1/1000 chance.

Since the lands are so similar they can use DL footage for the holiday specials if Florida isn’t ready yet. They film the holiday specials at the beginning of November, so the odds of WDW SWGE being open are a little lower than if they did a live Christmas broadcast.

Episode IX opens Dec 19th. It'll be before then, because you KNOW they'll have a special ticketed event for the premiere. I say soft open is the weekend before, Thursday 12/12 at the earliest (I don't think they's soft open on a Friday, not for this)

When does everyone think they will announce the opening month? I’m thinking they announce WDW opening month on or around DL opening day. There’s 5 months between January and June and 5 months between June and November (my prediction for WDW opening month)

Anyone think there’s a chance we get an earlier announcement? I’d love to cancel 3/4 hotel reservations I have for Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec :duck:

When does everyone think they will announce the opening month? I’m thinking they announce WDW opening month on or around DL opening day. There’s 5 months between January and June and 5 months between June and November (my prediction for WDW opening month)

Anyone think there’s a chance we get an earlier announcement? I’d love to cancel 3/4 hotel reservations I have for Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec :duck:
we still don't have an opening date for DL and Iger already spilled the beans that it will be in June, I think it might be closer to 3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!