POLL: VGF Expansion?

Do you think Disney World will convert another building at the Grand Floridian into DVC villas?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Probably, seems likely.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Maybe, could see it happening.

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Not really, seems unlikely.

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • No, doesn't seem possible.

Votes: 5 8.2%

• Total voters

T00dles

DIS Veteran
Think Disney will add more DVC spots at the Grand Floridian? Curious to see what everyone thinks!

We own VGF (bought last year) and my personal opinion is that they may flip another wing but probably not until they are much closer to done selling Riviera and (more importantly) Poly2. I chose “maybe”.

We own VGF (bought last year) and my personal opinion is that they may flip another wing but probably not until they are much closer to done selling Riviera and (more importantly) Poly2. I chose “maybe”.
I agree. Another conversion would not cost much to do. It will probably depend on whether DVD thinks they can sell much more VGF at direct rates with the shorted contract life.

VGF has 40 years on the deed remaining, below that timeframe Disney won't be adding to the existing association. Any future VGF development must be its own association as a result. I don't think Disney will be flipping another building of studios to sell standalone.

VGF has 40 years on the deed remaining, below that timeframe Disney won't be adding to the existing association. Any future VGF development must be its own association as a result. I don't think Disney will be flipping another building of studios to sell standalone.
Good point about the 40yr thing.

But I thought this rule was for new association? An add-on to existing could be under 40years?

VWL had under 40 years, and so CC became a new resort.
Great point! It's not like DVC got much more for CC points than BRV either -- sales at CC opened at $176 per point, while BRV was priced at $165 at the time.

That's a good point. Would shift the demand more perhaps. Although we are in the Resort Studios > Deluxe Studio crowd (minority?). (Go BPK!! 😄)
We also prefer BPK to the original wing (location, location, location!) and I’m happy to hear from @Royal Consort that it’s almost impossible for them to add another building because I was worried they’d try to make more “resort studios” over at the Sago Key and we’d worry about getting stuck there instead of BPK.

We also prefer BPK to the original wing (location, location, location!) and I’m happy to hear from @Royal Consort that it’s almost impossible for them to add another building because I was worried they’d try to make more “resort studios” over at the Sago Key and we’d worry about getting stuck there instead of BPK.
We like BPK so much too that we booked 2 resort studios for 3 people next trip 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter