Best pool for pool hopping from Magic Kingdom:

• Wilderness Lodge

• Contemporary

• Polynesian

• Grand Floridian

Results are only viewable after voting.

TenThousandVolts

<font color=darkcoral>I just gave 2 examples for t
If you wanted to pool hop on your MK day (leave MK for a swim and then head back to MK afterward) where would you go? Why?
Sorry- I guess I should have put an option of "other" on the poll. If you feel like "other" is the right answer- please describe.:)

I origianlly thought the Poly. It's on the monorail and I love the more tropical themes. But then I remembered a thread about how crowded that pool gets. Plus, I do love the pool at the WL too and they have another pool over at the DVC section. So you could head over there if the main pool gets crowded. I like there pool bar at WL too.

expect this post to be closed.

you can't pool hop. Unless you are DVC member staying at a DVC resort on points.

if you are caught you will be asked to leave the pool area.

having a ticket to the parks is just that.

unless you are staying at the wdw resort you can't use the swimming pool

Why would this thread be closed? This is a DVC board and I'm assuming the OP is a DVC member and well aware of pool hopping rules. Perfectly legitimate question posted in the appropriate place.

We have pool hopped from MK when the kids were younger and found the Poly to be excellent. It has a nice slide and zero entry. It's been a few years so I don't know how it is now but at the time it was not all that crowded in the afternoon.

We took our pool things in a tote bag and stowed them in a locker at MK. Then grabbed the bag later when we took the monorail to the Poly. Then back to MK later on after drying off completely (the old fashioned way :sunny: ) ;)

It worked well for us. :)

expect this post to be closed.

you can't pool hop. Unless you are DVC member staying at a DVC resort on points.

if you are caught you will be asked to leave the pool area.

having a ticket to the parks is just that.

unless you are staying at the wdw resort you can't use the swimming pool

I thought this was also the policy as spiceycat stated. Maybe I'm suffering from lack of pixie dust, but I agree whole heartedly with the above.

~DW:3dglasses

By Olaf:Why would this thread be closed? This is a DVC board and I'm assuming the OP is a DVC member and well aware of pool hopping rules. Perfectly legitimate question posted in the appropriate place.

I agree, this IS a perk (albeight some resorts won't let you) and this IS a DVC board.. So, why would it be closed?:confused:

As to the answer: I have never thought of that, to leave MK and go pool hopping to another resort... Is there a good place to change clothes at the poly/cont? Where do you change clothes?

We will be staying at SSR, and this is a good idea!!!!:)

DeerH

We usually only pool hop between DVC resorts, just because we like the pools there best. So I voted for Wilderness Lodge, we like the atmosphere. But for convenience a monorail resort would be good from MK. Especially if we drove and parked at TTC in the morning, Poly would be convenient to walk to car from there after a few hours at MK, then an afternoon swim. Our favorite pool spots are OKW and SSR though.

So, in other words, you CAN pool hop if you are a DVC member staying on points. (That is what I am asking about, by the way :) )

I like the idea of going to WL because I have never been there and as a fairly new DVC member it would be fun to check out a fellow DVC resort. I also like the idea of trying the WL boat.
We popped over to BWV to swim and soak in the hot tub in the middle of our Epcot day on our last visit and it was wonderful. There were bathrooms near the pool that we used to change.

So, in other words, you CAN pool hop if you are a DVC member staying on points. (That is what I am asking about, by the way :) )

I like the idea of going to WL because I have never been there and as a fairly new DVC member it would be fun to check out a fellow DVC resort. I also like the idea of trying the WL boat.
We popped over to BWV to swim and soak in the hot tub in the middle of our Epcot day on our last visit and it was wonderful. There were bathrooms near the pool that we used to change.

Sounds like a good idea and a great way to get away from the parks in the potentially hot and crowded afternoons.

Yes, you can pool hop if you are a DVC member staying on points, except of course to SAB and the AKL pool, which I'm sure you already know, and they aren't MK pools anyway. Double check your dates to make sure you are not in a "blackout" period - I can't remember what they are, but I'm pretty sure it would be July 4th week, etc. I think you also need to ask the lifeguards - there may be some restriction if the pool is too crowded with resort guests.

I vote for WL - it's such a nice, peaceful escape on the edge of the lake. It's my favorite resort!!!!

I'm not going to vote, just because we would never waste our time pool hopping...we just swim at our resort.

BCV this summer!! :cool1:

I never really considered it before, but if I were to leave the MK to pool hop, I would go to the WL. It would be cool to ride the boat over to WL and swim for a bit, maybe have a meal at WCC and then ride the boat back to MK in the evening. Sounds good to me. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter