Poll: March dates

Which option would you pick?

• Buy deluxe AP. Skip 3/24 & 25 blockout dates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 day pass. Skip Saturday. Upgrade to AP Sunday.

• Buy 5 day & 2 day passes. Upgrade to AP Sunday. Miss no days.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smartlabelprint

DIS Veteran
We will be in the parks March 20-26 (coming for wondercon).

3/24-25 are deluxe blockout dates. I made a mistake thinking it was Friday & Saturday. So, we will be in the parks Tuesday-Friday.

And we can use our 5th day on Saturday 3/24. Then if we upgrade Saturday night we would NOT be ok to go in Sunday 3/25 correct? Since it's a blockout date that would count for using our deluxe on a blockout day, correct? Then we couldn't go in Sunday.

But I'm debating using my 5th day on Sunday instead. What do you think? Thanks for your opinion!

Is this right: You are buying 5-day tickets, Saturday would be off day from DL and you'd go Tuesday, 3/20-Friday, 3/23 for 4 days, then use 5th day on Sunday, 3/25 and upgrade to Aps on Sunday 3/25? That would make your last AP day in 2019 Wednesday, 3/20.

If you upgrade on Saturday you would be blocked Sunday. Either way that's 5 days total at DL for this trip.

If you want to extend your trip through Sunday anyway, then I'd take the off day on Saturday, and end the vacation at Disneyland/upgrade to APs on Sunday—unless you will only get a half day on Sunday because of travel; in that case, I'd go to DL Saturday to get that last full day. But you have wondercon schedule to work around as well.

AP prices will probably go up by then, can you buy APs now instead of doing the 5-day ticket?

Is this right: You are buying 5-day tickets, Saturday would be off day from DL and you'd go Tuesday, 3/20-Friday, 3/23 for 4 days, then use 5th day on Sunday, 3/25 and upgrade to Aps on Sunday 3/25? That would make your last AP day in 2019 Wednesday, 3/20.

If you upgrade on Saturday you would be blocked Sunday. Either way that's 5 days total at DL for this trip.

If you want to extend your trip through Sunday anyway, then I'd take the off day on Saturday, and end the vacation at Disneyland/upgrade to APs on Sunday—unless you will only get a half day on Sunday because of travel; in that case, I'd go to DL Saturday to get that last full day. But you have wondercon schedule to work around as well.

AP prices will probably go up by then, can you buy APs now instead of doing the 5-day ticket?
I could buy AP's now. Do you think it's worth it to miss Saturday and Sunday? DH is doing wondercon. I was hoping the kids and I could go to the park while he's there.

Another perk to having the AP the whole time is getting maxpass and locking it in now at 75 if possible?

Yes. I was making sure if we should skip sat and upgrade Sunday as you were saying. Wondering which day would be better to be in the parks sat vs sun.

We fly out Tuesday and will be in the park Monday also so no issue with half day Sunday.

Our kids are disabled and we will have a das/GAC whatever it's called now. But I found it very challenging to get times. They have a hard time waiting in lines. We have to wait each day with an AP to get it at city hall. The only ride it helped with was toy story. Plus you have to wait in line at the kiosk... then go back to the ride. It was hard on them. We do a max rides of 4-6 a day. Hahahaha! And about 5 hours in the parks. Coming in march we may be able to increase our time in the parks because in the morning it's earlier than the 10 am opening of our last trips. Kids are early birds. And bed at 7-8.

I may just get the MP and use the stroller as a wheel chair for the fantasyland rides and pirates.

Another perk to having the AP the whole time is getting maxpass and locking it in now at 75 if possible?
You might have to wait until you get to the parks to purchase Maxpass. I was looking at the fine print on the app and it says "Guests who have a valid Disneyland Annual Passport may purchase the Disney MaxPass feature as a daily add-on for $10 through the Disneyland app or as an annual add-on for $75 at a Disneyland Resort Ticket Booth." So you might have to wait until you get the parks and see what the price is at that point. I'd be pretty surprised if AP MaxPass was still only $75 in March (although, DLR has done other surprising things, so maybe).

While giving up a whole day in the parks is tough, another thing to consider with the AP is that you'd get the dining and shopping discounts for your entire trip.

You might have to wait until you get to the parks to purchase Maxpass. I was looking at the fine print on the app and it says "Guests who have a valid Disneyland Annual Passport may purchase the Disney MaxPass feature as a daily add-on for $10 through the Disneyland app or as an annual add-on for $75 at a Disneyland Resort Ticket Booth." So you might have to wait until you get the parks and see what the price is at that point. I'd be pretty surprised if AP MaxPass was still only $75 in March (although, DLR has done other surprising things, so maybe).

While giving up a whole day in the parks is tough, another thing to consider with the AP is that you'd get the dining and shopping discounts for your entire trip.
I agree that maxpass will be more then. I also looked today to buy online and you can't buy maxpass for AP. :(

We may just do the DAC/GAC. We can't afford more than $75!

The AP will be up in price by march. And maybe (probably) the maxpass.

In the comments please mention if you'd buy a 5 day pass with maxpass. Or never use it so I don't want to buy it on future trips when the price goes up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter