Poll: How much would you pay?

How much would you pay for a 'Battu Travel Agency' ticket?

• <200

• >200

• Would not buy

• Other - comment below!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ya know - I just don’t get the hype - it’s still just a couple of rides and a shop and a place to eat - sure - it’s E ticket level rides (at least 1 is) and lots of great stuff to look at - but it’s still just 2 rides. I did the AP (or maybe it was DVC) Pandora preview at WDW - while it was great being able to walk around without large crowds - I certainly would not have paid much extra for it...and I’m a huge walk around and look at stuff kind of person...rides are secondary to me as I don’t like heights (no roller coasters) and have back issues...

Ya know - I just don’t get the hype - it’s still just a couple of rides and a shop and a place to eat - sure - it’s E ticket level rides (at least 1 is) and lots of great stuff to look at - but it’s still just 2 rides. I did the AP (or maybe it was DVC) Pandora preview at WDW - while it was great being able to walk around without large crowds - I certainly would not have paid much extra for it...and I’m a huge walk around and look at stuff kind of person...rides are secondary to me as I don’t like heights (no roller coasters) and have back issues...
For this it comes down to the level of your sw fandom.
If disney does this right and it's as immersive as diagon alley, sw fans will love to just be in it. Not necessarily ride the rides all day but walk, shop eat and interact with characters.
We lined up over night for autographs from one SW person during sww, you bet we're going to want to spend the whole day there. If we have to pay to be one of the first without many people you can guarantee we'll find the money.
SW is just on a different level for fans

If disney does this right and it's as immersive as diagon alley, sw fans will love to just be in it. Not necessarily ride the rides all day but walk, shop eat and interact with characters.
We lined up over night for autographs from one SW person during sww, you bet we're going to want to spend the whole day there. If we have to pay to be one of the first without many people you can guarantee we'll find the money.
SW is just on a different level for fans
I love SW - but I guess I love my pocketbook more -haha

The only ticket I would buy would be for a "After Hours" with popcorn and mickey bars.
I really think they have a chance of giving a very bad first impression to the first timers coming just for SWGE, if they charge too much and with the large crowds they will be very discouraged waiting forever to get in and ride any of the new rides...those of us here know what to expect but imagine it's your first time to WDW and it's so crowded and expensive...

I wonder if they will have Grand Ave as the only entrance, with exit only through TSL for the first few weeks at least, like they did with Pandora when it first opened? Grand Ave is set up better to be a holding pen if they are trying to control the number of people in the area at any one time. I can’t imagine they would want a SW crowd completely filling TSL while they wait to get in.

Plus Grand Ave is near Baseline Taphouse so they can sell pricey beverages to those waiting in line for 5 hours to get into the land

To me a big thing is how limited the crowds will be for any paid event. If it is really limited and I can truly enjoy the land and the immersiveness and get on both rides (maybe multiple times), then I might pay as much as $500/person all in as that would cover multiple days of park time and wait time.

But if it is like $200/person and the crowds are still rather high and diminishes the total experience I would have more trouble with that

The only ticket I would buy would be for a "After Hours" with popcorn and mickey bars.
I really think they have a chance of giving a very bad first impression to the first timers coming just for SWGE, if they charge too much and with the large crowds they will be very discouraged waiting forever to get in and ride any of the new rides...those of us here know what to expect but imagine it's your first time to WDW and it's so crowded and expensive...

well, it probably would be Blue Milk and Bofa Treats or something as they want to keep the immersiveness so I wouldn't expect Mickey bars

A big NO. We don't pay for any extra charged events at all. We are not big SW fans anyway, at least not with the new movies put out by Disney. I know that a lot of people are waiting to do this, and that's great for them. We all have things we like and don't. I would pay to go to HP world in Universal if it was offered, but that's it. :)

I think it's safe to say that there will be a paid preview event, I'm also expecting this to be offered a couple of days not just one before the general opening, and I don't expect it to be below $500.
Pixar pier, with recycled and repainted attractions did this for $300 at DCA
Yes they did and it was a total failure, aside from the media they invited for free there were very few paid tickets sold to Pixar Pier

As to what I would pay for this, honestly, if it meant essentially no wait at any of the attractions for at least three hours and included food, I would say $150 a person. For every 10 minute wait, subtract $20.

I am expecting/budgeting something like $250pp for an EMM SWGE/TSL event for 90min and a breakfast that few will actually even enter. I expect this to happen 3-4 days a week for the first year to keep up with demand.

I also expect to see $500pp for a PM After Hours 3hr park event. I expect this to happen 2 nights a week until Labor Day then go down to 1 night a week form then on.

I also expect a price drop for both events January 2021 to $125/$250

I am expecting/budgeting something like $250pp for an EMM SWGE/TSL event for 90min and a breakfast that few will actually even enter. I expect this to happen 3-4 days a week for the first year to keep up with demand.

I also expect to see $500pp for a PM After Hours 3hr park event. I expect this to happen 2 nights a week until Labor Day then go down to 1 night a week form then on.

You are assuming that it opens before Labor Day and granted that will happen at Disneyland; however, Disneyland hasn't had a history of doing these after hours events, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if that simply doesn't happen out here.

I don’t think we will see this kind of event at Disneyland which will open during the summer. I do foresee the hotel EMH/ 3+ day ticket MM program have some change ups to where either DCA and DL swap the MM program or DL adds days that are hotel only EMH.

You are assuming that it opens before Labor Day and granted that will happen at Disneyland; however, Disneyland hasn't had a history of doing these after hours events, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if that simply doesn't happen out here.

I meant Labor day 2020

I don’t think we will see this kind of event at Disneyland which will open during the summer. I do foresee the hotel EMH/ 3+ day ticket MM program have some change ups to where either DCA and DL swap the MM program or DL adds days that are hotel only EMH.

I am only thinking of WDW. Never been to DL and never plan to.

When the WDW SW hotel opens I expect them to have AM/PM exclusive every other day.
So something like this...
Week 1
Sunday - Check out/Arrive at SW hotel, AM EMM/PM After Hours Event
Monday - SW hotel AM/PM event exclusive
Tuesday - Check out/Arrive at SW hotel, AM EMH
Wednesday - SW hotel AM/PM event exclusive
Thursday - Check out/Arrive at SW hotel, AM EMM/PM After Hours Event
Friday - SW hotel AM/PM event exclusive
Saturday - Check out/Arrive at SW hotel, AM EMM

Week 2
Sunday - SW hotel AM/PM event exclusive
Monday - Check out/Arrive at SW hotel, AM EMH
Tuesday - SW hotel AM/PM event exclusive
Wednesday - Check out/Arrive at SW hotel, AM EMM/PM After Hours Event
Thursday - SW hotel AM/PM event exclusive
Friday - Check out/Arrive at SW hotel, AM EMM
Saturday - SW hotel AM/PM event exclusive

Last edited:
that's an accurate estimate. Pandora still holds super long lines for both attractions. Batuu will be busy every day for years to come

Radiator Springs Racers still routinely posts two-hour wait times, and how many years has it been since that opened?

To me a big thing is how limited the crowds will be for any paid event. If it is really limited and I can truly enjoy the land and the immersiveness and get on both rides (maybe multiple times), then I might pay as much as $500/person all in as that would cover multiple days of park time and wait time.

But if it is like $200/person and the crowds are still rather high and diminishes the total experience I would have more trouble with that

Same. I pretty much would pay anything they'd ask for this.

So true. My sister is a huge HP fan and she went to Diagon Alley and just hung out for an entire day. She doesn't really do rides but loved being there.

:faint:
I hope you are wrong.

Have said before: As much as we love Star Wars.. won't be going near GE until things calm down . And if Disney prices continue to climb, maybe not at all.

A $100 experience like the holiday parties would be about all i'd be willing to pay for.. but seeing how crowded those are probably not even that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter