POLL: How much $ do u spend on Food (total) for 9/8nites? in WDW??

How much do you spend on food?? in wdw / vacation??

• 0-$200.00

• $201.00 - $300.00

• $301.00 - 400

• $400 - 500

• $500 - 600

• Over $601!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
how do u organize your money? do you pay cash or charge meals?

what do u do if u don't have a safe in your rooM??
:smooth: :wave:

We usually budget about $120 a day for food, so about $1080 for a 9 day trip. There are three of us - two adults and a baby. We don't buy food for the little guy right now. He either eats his own stuff we bring in, or he just eats off our plate. (Unless it's a buffet, in which case he gets free food!)

We like to eat a sit-down breakfast (usually costs us around $30) and a sit-down dinner (usually costs us around $70). We just snack around in between, which is usually another $20 or so. There are a few days we go over that (if we have a really nice dinner), but there are also some days we are under - so it usually works out about right.

We use our room charge for everything.

Well, you can spend a lot or A LOT. Assuming you are staying at a Disney Resort. I believe all rooms have a safe. Also, you can use your room key for all purchases in the parks and at your hotel. My family usually buys breakfast food and we eat in our room. Pop tarts, donuts, etc. Lunch, my family of four spends about $30 to $40. Hamburgers, chicken nuggets, fries, drinks, etc. Dinner is about the same.

You can try a character breakfast. ($70 for four) This usually fills use all morning and part way into the afternoon. Sometimes we have been able to get by on two meals and a few snacks in between. My family usually plans on spending about $150 - $200 a day on spending money. This includes popcorn, ice cream, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and any other snacks you want. This also includes some souviners (sp).

Hope this helps.
Have fun and good luck.

We usually spend about a hundred a day for food for 2 people. We almost always use room charge so we don't have to carry cash. I do carry $40 or so a day just in case, but I rarely use it, unless at a drink/popcorn cart.

It all just depends on where you eat. We always have a meal at Yachtsman Steakhouse and that runs a bit over a hundred with a good tip.

We eat one good sit down meal or buffet per day probably spend $150 per day on food for the 4 of us (kids 9, 7). We always use the resort card to pay. Be sure to check the print out of your bill occasionally.

Last year we averaged $110 per day for four people (2 adults, 2 boys 10 and 7). We always ate breakfast in our room, plus a lunch and a couple dinners out of 10 days. (We had a suite with a kitchen.) But we ate mostly at sit-down places, eating counter service only 3 times for lunch, never ate off-site, and we had a lot of good meals! We charged all meals to our room.

We bought DVC last year so our food cost should go down alot. With the boys I felt they ate way to many chicken nuggets last trip. This time the plan is to have breakfast and dinner in the room and have lunch in the parks. One day fast food one day sit-down. We are bringing MIL and she has been a single mom for a very long time. We're paying for the trip, she has to think of quick, easy, cheap meals that my kids will eat.

I am hoping to keep it down to about $700 this trip, and have my kids eat better.

We are a family of 3 with one child and spend between $80-$100 per day on groceries, snacks, meals and alcohol. We make a grocery stop on the way for room snacks, breakfast stuff (OJ, individual cereal boxes, milk, etc), PB&J fixin's for my DD, a bottle of wine and a 12 pack of Corona (and a lime ;)). I pack a sharp knife in my checked luggage with a warning on it for the TSA so they don't cut themselves. We usually eat breakfast in the room, counter service for lunch and counter service or sit-down for dinner. We schedule at least one character meal and one fancy adult only sit-down meal per trip.

For our last trip we ended up spending more than $800, but that's also due in part because we had a bunch of sit-downs, and frankly we love the food at WDW so we splurge a lot on the food.

By contrast, we rarely spend money on souvenirs and stuff.

I also wanted to add that you are probably not getting the responses that you want since your highest category for 9 days was "Over $601!!!" ;). I see you're leaving in just a couple of days. Check over on the budget board for ways to cut your meal expenses.

Originally posted by mom2rb
We bought DVC last year so our food cost should go down alot.

Yeah, that is what I thought too.:jumping1::rotfl: Who wants to cook at WDW while on vacation. The food is just SO SO GOOOOOOOOD!

I am in agreement with everyone else. Plan on spending $80-$120/Day on food.

Have Fun,
Bruce::MickeyMo :

for us 4.5 days - 800 bucks...but we are doing HDDR and CRT and CM's :rolleyes:

Our budget was about the same last year: 200 per day for all food and snacks...family of me, dh, dd-16, dd-7, dd-4

Anne

For the three of us, me, DH and DD6, we usually budget about $125 per day. We usually eat breakfast in our room on most mornings though. We also do alot of counter service but we do plan some sit down meals as well.

I usually budget $50 per person per day for food. This is fairly low as far as food budgets go, because we're not big breakfast eaters (we usually have a pop tart in the room) and we don't eat sit-down dinners. Sit-down lunches are normally much cheaper. So for 8 nights/ 9 days, I'd spend about $450 a person. I always charge everything to the room, and try not to bring much cash. I usually don't bring more than about $300 with me for the whole trip (incidentals, like ice cream stands that don't accept the room cards).

Since we stay concierge we are under $20 per person per day...sometimes $0 per day, depends on the offerings in the lounge.

When we do eat it is almost always a late lunch, rarely dinner.

We like lots of little snacks instead of big meals.

I am in with the ones spending about $100 per day on 2 adults and 2 kids ages 10 & 8. we usually do a bigger breakfast , snack in the afternoon and a later bigger dinner .

BF and I have budgeted about $1000 for the two of us for a 8 night stay. This includes $110 for Hoop De Doo, $90 for the Fantasmic Dinner package, an estimated $80 we'll spend eating at Cindy's Castle, and two character breakfasts at about $45 per meal. All other breakfasts are going to be room service (we are lazy!) and all other sit down meals, while they have been budgeted, are a more "normal" cost. As you can see, we are spareing no expence. Could we do it for less? Absoulutly! We just don't feel like it! :crazy:

Our plan is to charge all meals (and shoping, for that mater) to our room card. We will pay with a credit card at check out, and pay the credit card bill (with money in our savings account) from the comfort of our home when the statment comes. This way, we do not need tons of cash on hand, and we earn airline miles for charging it to our credit card to boot! :wave2:

My boyfriend and I are going for 2 weeks and bringing about 2000.00 we usualy average about $120-$160 a day. and we have a reserve of about $300-350 for souveneirs. we over allow mainly for sit downs / dinner shows and booze ( ahhh 5-flavored margaritas) I'd imagine if you were to skip the $$$$ meals you could probably do it much more inexpensively.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Originally posted by Chicago526
[ All other breakfasts are going to be room service (we are lazy!) :crazy:

[/B]

That is my favortie breakfast too! Love Room Service at the Poly!

Kae

We usually spend between $300 - 400 dollars for a 10 day trip. We only eat b'fast out for half the days, fruit or salad for lunch and then we have a really good dinner. We sometimes split dinners also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter