Points Transfer and Home Resort Priority

Woody412

Mouseketeer
Sorry for another noob question. I think I know the answer unfortunately but I’m just looking for clarification. If I transfer points to someone else do those points remain tied to my home resort and thus ineligible for the other person’s (different home resort) home booking period?

Sorry for another noob question. I think I know the answer unfortunately but I’m just looking for clarification. If I transfer points to someone else do those points remain tied to my home resort and thus ineligible for the other person’s (different home resort) home booking period?
Transferred points retain the original use year and home resort priority. So if you have October Copper Creek and they have June Saratoga. Those points would maintain the October Copper Creek. The one thing with transferred point system though is the Banking window. The transferred points can be banked up until the points expire rather than the normal 4 months. The final point was what I specifically told when I had points transferred to me.

Transferred points retain the original use year and home resort priority. So if you have October Copper Creek and they have June Saratoga. Those points would maintain the October Copper Creek. The one thing with transferred point system though is the Banking window. The transferred points can be banked up until the points expire rather than the normal 4 months. The final point was what I specifically told when I had points transferred to me.

That’s what I feared. Being able to bank under the end of the UY could be helpful at some point though. Not all bad news. Thank you

There is an upside to transferred points retaining their home resort. Say I want to book a reservation at a resort I don't own, and that reservation must be made at the 11-month mark. If I can arrange a point transfer from someone who owns that resort, I can book that resort 11 months out using those transferred points. I would have to call MS to make the reservation since I wouldn't be able to see the transferred points in my account, but I would be able to book that stay 11 months out.

Can you wait list a room on transferred points?

It depends.. Transferred points can not be borrowed so you would not be able to set up a waitlist that requires borrowing.. When it sets up, it does ask you to choose where to take points, so I would think if you want it to pull transferred points, you’d need to call MS to note that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter