Points for purchasing Disney Gift Cards?

Disney.fan

Mouseketeer
I usually buy Disney gift cards at Superstore/Loblaws. I notice that we don't get PC points on the purchase. I'm wondering if there is somewhere they can be purchased with earning points such as Airmiles or Scene points. Thanks!!

I usually buy Disney gift cards at Superstore/Loblaws. I notice that we don't get PC points on the purchase. I'm wondering if there is somewhere they can be purchased with earning points such as Airmiles or Scene points. Thanks!!
Dang! You need to join the Airmiles Armchair Chatter thread - if you have a BMO MASTERCARD you can use it to buy disney gift cards at dollarama and until November (I forget the actual date) you will earn 5x miles your card normally gives you. Mine is 1 mile for every $25 so buy a $500 gift card and earned 100 miles. There was an offer that just ended today, spend $20 and get 100 miles so that gift card earned me 200 miles.
You should pop in and see what other hints you might pick up - I need to update the first post but if you go back a few pages from the end you should get a feel of what's possible.

Dang! You need to join the Airmiles Armchair Chatter thread - if you have a BMO MASTERCARD you can use it to buy disney gift cards at dollarama and until November (I forget the actual date) you will earn 5x miles your card normally gives you. Mine is 1 mile for every $25 so buy a $500 gift card and earned 100 miles. There was an offer that just ended today, spend $20 and get 100 miles so that gift card earned me 200 miles.
You should pop in and see what other hints you might pick up - I need to update the first post but if you go back a few pages from the end you should get a feel of what's possible.
Donald, I think the max you can earn on that one is the 100 miles.

Donald, I think the max you can earn on that one is the 100 miles.
i was referring to the fact that there were 2 separate offers that stacked to allow me to earn 200 miles total on my gift card.
spend $20 get 100 miles
Get 5x my normal earn rate with my BMO MASTERCARD at dollarama, spent $500 so an extra 100 miles (500/25 *5)

i was referring to the fact that there were 2 separate offers that stacked to allow me to earn 200 miles total on my gift card.
spend $20 get 100 miles
Get 5x my normal earn rate with my BMO MASTERCARD at dollarama, spent $500 so an extra 100 miles (500/25 *5)
When they had the 30X multiplier didn't you get GCs then? Do you remember how it worked? I know there was a max for it. I got 500 am but can't remember how much I actually spent to get them.

With the new max pass 40X multiplier that was just posted, I see a limit to use it once per day, but I don't see a limit on the amount of miles you can earn total for the time period.

When they had the 30X multiplier didn't you get GCs then? Do you remember how it worked? I know there was a max for it. I got 500 am but can't remember how much I actually spent to get them.

With the new max pass 40X multiplier that was just posted, I see a limit to use it once per day, but I don't see a limit on the amount of miles you can earn total for the time period.
Yup! Just dropped a post about this in the Airmiles thread. No maximum this time and it 100% worked during the last event, got the full 500 miles but since there was a maximum I just bought my gift cards on 2 separate days to trigger the full bonus. For this you can go every single day and walk out with 400 miles each time ***eta, don't spend more than $30/ day to maximize your return 😉

You won’t get PC points regularly if you buy gift cards, but you will if you use a PC Mastercard. I think?
That’s rewards from the ~card~ instead of the points program. 30 PC points per dollar charged to the card at an Loblaw/PC store equals 3% return. This’d be the equivalent to using, say, a Triangle World Elite MC at Loblaws, which gets the same 3% back but in CT Money instead of PC points.

We have Scotia Momentum Infinite, which gives 4% back (annual statement credit) from buying Disney GCs at grocery stores (Loblaws, Metro, etc). For grocery stores like Metro that take AmEx, there’s even the AmEx Cobalt that gives 5% (5x MR Select points) back! Or the AmEx Simply Cash Preferred also has 4% annual statement credit.

All great methods, but rewards programs themselves like PC or AirMiles generally exclude gift card spend from earning points, excepting some occasional promos.

Yup! Just dropped a post about this in the Airmiles thread. No maximum this time and it 100% worked during the last event, got the full 500 miles but since there was a maximum I just bought my gift cards on 2 separate days to trigger the full bonus. For this you can go every single day and walk out with 400 miles each time ***eta, don't spend more than $30/ day to maximize your return 😉
After someone did the math for me, I bought the Dollarama pass.

So, if I understand correctly, if I go to Dollarama every day and buy a $30 Disney gift card (my sister and I have an April 2024 trip!) then I could get 2800AM?

Spend $210 and get around $295 worth of cash miles. (2800/95*10)That is assuming I can get to Dollarama every day and that they have the loadable Disney GC, otherwise my costs will be $350 to buy $50 GCs. Of course, that is money I would have to spend anyways when we are on our trip so it is really a case of spend it now or spend it later!

If you purchase them at a grocery store that takes Amex, using a Amex Cobalt, you get 5 x purchase price in Amex points (each Amex point can be transferred to Aeroplan at a 1:1 ratio, or to other programs like Bonvoy). Just be sure you buy something else with the GC to reduce the chance your purchase is flagged by Amex because technically the 5X points is not allowed for GC purchases. If purchase the GC at Sobeys, you can also accumulate Scene points

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter