Points come when?

Can_Dannn

Mouseketeer
Question: if I bought direct, 100 points at animal Kingdom Lodge in February 2020, and chose a used year in September, when would I be able to use my first points?

When I purchase in Feb?
When Sept 2020 comes around?
Would I get 100 points in my account once it is open (say 2 weeks after I buy in Feb 2020), and then another 100 would come in Sept 2020?

Since the contract would be in the Sep 2019- Sep 2020 Use Year, you would get the 100 points from Sep 2019 you could use as soon as they were loaded.

Basically option 3 of your list.

If they were able to give you a September UY, you would have September 2019 points that would need to be used before August 30, 2020, although direct you would be able to bank even if after deadline.

The key would be if they have current year points. They might not. Just because you walk in wanting a September UY doesn't mean the contracts they have are able to be sold with that UY. They can't sell without current year points.

Your September 2020 points would be eligible to book any stay from September 1, 2020 through August 31, 2021.

If you buy 100 points direct in February with a Sept UY, and it takes, as you say, 2 weeks for them to get into your account (it will be quicker buying direct), you can use them that day.

Your 2020 points would have to be 'borrowed' into 2019 to use them for a reservation prior to 9/1/2020, giving you up to 200 points to use prior to 9/1 (of course leaving you with no 2020 points for 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter