Points are available...

Same thing happened to me 2 years ago when I wanted March points (in feb so I could get current and next year). Miraculously on 3/1 points appeared. CM said they probably sit on them for that reason.

Same thing happened to me 2 years ago when I wanted March points (in feb so I could get current and next year). Miraculously on 3/1 points appeared. CM said they probably sit on them for that reason.

I added on 75 BLT points direct last year after being on the waitlist for three weeks. It was relatively painless (other than the resulting credit card bill). After reading about other people’s experiences on here though, I’m convinced the drunken ROFR monkey runs the direct sales waitlist department in his spare time. It is the most arbitrary and bizarre “process” ever on how/when points show up, that seems like it’s driven by how good your guide is but who knows?

Last year, shortly after the January price increase, my guide called to inform me that all three of my add-on waitlist requests, for sold out resorts, had come through. I have been expecting a call any day now, because I anticipate that the recent price increase will make it easier to blitz the waitlist.

I have to give Disney credit. As long as there is a waitlist, with people willing to take advantage once their spot comes up in line, then they have those resorts priced right even with this price hike.

They don't really want to deal with the old resorts. They make some money, sure, but it's minimal compared to selling the new stuff. Their main goal is to keep prices high enough so they can sell the new ones. It'd be hard to sell Riviera for $188/pt if you could buy BWV for $80 (just as an example).

They don't really want to deal with the old resorts. They make some money, sure, but it's minimal compared to selling the new stuff. Their main goal is to keep prices high enough so they can sell the new ones. It'd be hard to sell Riviera for $188/pt if you could buy BWV for $80 (just as an example).

They also need to balance that price with just enough demand to keep it selling, though. They can't just sit on thousands of points. That's why SSR and Vero Beach are still set so low.

They also need to balance that price with just enough demand to keep it selling, though. They can't just sit on thousands of points. That's why SSR and Vero Beach are still set so low.

Of course, otherwise they have to cover the maintenance on those.

Of course, otherwise they have to cover the maintenance on those.

But to your point, yes, they want to make the new resorts seem like a good deal. CCV was $176 a point when I bought my direct BLT points at $185 a piece and my guide made sure to point it out. In the end, though, he was happy to sell me what I wanted and at the price they wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter