Point Season Question

BcIcemen

DIS Veteran
Does the Adventure Season always start on Jan 1? The week between Christmas and New Year in 2020 NYE falls on a Thursday. do you think that Disney will adjust the 2021 charts to extend the Premier Season to include Fri and Sat(Jan 1st and 2nd) TIA as always

Does the Adventure Season always start on Jan 1? The week between Christmas and New Year in 2020 NYE falls on a Thursday. do you think that Disney will adjust the 2021 charts to extend the Premier Season to include Fri and Sat(Jan 1st and 2nd) TIA as always

Thanks for asking that question, you just threw a wrench in my plans that I hadn't thought of.....back to the drawing board. :rotfl2:

It has since at least 2008 (the oldest point charts I have).

So far as I can remember, going back to 1998, Adventure Season has always started on January 1. The only seasonal dates that have changed have been for Easter and Thanksgiving, since those holidays move around.

That said, just because they haven’t done it before doesn’t guarantee they won’t do it in 2021. Many owners agree that a revision of the seasons and relative points costs is long overdue.

For the WDW resorts the seasons have remained the same and adventure season has always started January 1. Hilton Head also begins adventure season Jan 1. Aulani, VGC and Vero do not have a Jan 1 start date for adventure season, e.g., Vero does not even have any part of January in adventure season. As to whether DVC believes it can change seasons, it made major changes in the seasons at Aulani a few years ago, e.g., much of summer was changed from magic season to premier season.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter