Point discrepancy from Disney packet I got in the mail ?

bananapepper

Mouseketeer
Maybe I’m reading this wrong but the packet I received from Disney says that the weekly cost for a 2 bedroom villa with savanna view during Thanksgiving is 375 points. But on the website, I’m getting max 329 points for that same room during Thanksgiving. Many of their other weeks don’t seem to match up to what it says online.

I’m curious because I want to make sure I’m buying enough points! I’m looking to buy about 310 to 320 with banking when we travel during less busy times of year.

Attachments

• 2CC263AA-9C0E-4A1F-9F16-690A4DBCA432.jpeg
    2CC263AA-9C0E-4A1F-9F16-690A4DBCA432.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 20
Right, add each day individually. Take note of the season change during the week.

2 BR AK SV for 7 night including Thanksgiving is 322 points.
Notice that W, Th and Fri of Thanksgiving is MAGIC SEASON points.

It's the probably toughest one to sit down and do the math for, most other times of the year you can just look at the weekly figure on the chart, but because that week covers 3 different seasons, it can be easy to make a mistake figuring out the math

I am seeing 372. The "weekly" number is just 5x weekday +2x weekend. The Thanksgiving season is 50 for weekday and 61 for weekend, this gives the quick calculation of 372. The problem the Thanksgiving season is not 7 days long. That is why you get a lower number on the web. The real number for that week is <362. I would still caution, Disney can change those numbers. That can shift between weekend and week night. They can shift between seasons. In general it is advised to have 10% extra to cover these potential shifts.

Both the chart you posted and what is online is consistent.

Su, M, T, W, Th, Fri, Sa

40, 40, 40, 50, 50, 61, 48

Choice, Choice, Choice, Magic, Magic, Magic, Choice

329 points total. Only three days are in Magic Season.

I am seeing 372. The "weekly" number is just 5x weekday +2x weekend. The Thanksgiving season is 50 for weekday and 61 for weekend, this gives the quick calculation of 372. The problem the Thanksgiving season is not 7 days long. That is why you get a lower number on the web. The real number for that week is <362. I would still caution, Disney can change those numbers. That can shift between weekend and week night. They can shift between seasons. In general it is advised to have 10% extra to cover these potential shifts.

Ah okay. Surely the actual week of Thanksgiving is the most expensive week in November, isn't it? The way they calculate "weekly" is a bit sketchy!

Both the chart you posted and what is online is consistent.

Su, M, T, W, Th, Fri, Sa

40, 40, 40, 50, 50, 61, 48

Choice, Choice, Choice, Magic, Magic, Magic, Choice

329 points total. Only three days are in Magic Season.

Thanks! I was confused by how they were calculating the "weekly" category.

Look again, you only have the 50 weekday and 61 on Friday, the rest of the week is Choice season. 40 and 48 of the 7 nights 4 are choice season Sun, Mon, Tue, and Sat are 40, 40 ,40 & 48 points. Wed, Thur are 50 points and Fri is 61 points.

Last edited:
Thanks! I was confused by how they were calculating the "weekly" category.

Christmas, and Thanksgiving are really the only times this becomes an issue. Depending on how you plan your trip (day you leave/come back), you will end up having to calculate across 3 seasons to get a weekly number.

Look again, you only have the 50 weekday and 61 on Friday, the rest of the week is Choice season. 40 and 48 of the 7 nights 54 are choice season Sun, Mon, Tue, and Sat are 40, 40 ,40 & 48 points. Wed, Thur are 50 points and Fri is 61 points.

Thank you :) I was looking at the "weekly" column.

I would suggest you look at David's DVC rental website and enter in your dates and that website will tell you how many points are required for your stay.

I use an iPhone app called "DVC Calculator" that tells you the total points needed, along with the 11 month & 7 month reservation dates, along with the Fastpass date for booking along with 180 days out for dinning reservations.

Yeah, the weekly totals are worthless if your trip crosses seasons. But, they are good for a quick reference if your trip is all within the same season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter