POFQ or Polynesian

POFQ or Polynesian

• POFQ

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Polynesian

Votes: 30 63.8%

• Total voters
I'll always choose a longer trip over a more expensive hotel, but that's just me. You could probably extend your trip by quite a bit with that $1,400 saved. Have you considered Riverside? It may not work for your teens if they are tall, but they do have rooms with the 5th murphy bed that would allow your teens to not share a bed. It is shorter than a normal twin, however. I found it to be bigger than expected and my tallish 12-year-old fit on it with room to spare.

definitely depends on sizing. some of us 30-year-olds fit okay on the murphy beds :rolleyes1

(assuming they’re standard size from resort to resort. i only confirmed in a poly studio...)

I'd stick with POFQ. It's our absolute favorite moderate and one of our all time favorite Resorts - period. It's small, it's quiet, and it's got a FANTASTIC pool. We can't book there anymore because we're a family of five and that's a tragedy.

Cons of POFQ: Smallish pool not really good for tween/teenagers. No restaurants, only quick service unless you want to walk to POR for Boatwright.
Pros of POFQ: Small resort, so when you get off bus, its not a far walk to room. Boat to Disney Springs. Less expensive.

Pro of Poly: On monorail line, so you have many choices for meals. Great options at Poly itself too. You can walk to TTC and take one monorail over to Epcot or one monorail to MK. Con of Poly: More costly, but we've been so many times we love it and find it worth it.

I recently booked a vacation for my family (myself, husband, daughter, 16 and son,15) at POFQ for 6 nights in June. We are now considering a standard room at the Polynesian Resort. I just looked it up and it would cost 1400 dollars more. We have never stayed at the Polynesian and are not sure if it is worth the extra money. I love some opinions from someone who has stayed at both. Thanks!

Worth it in every way. Room size alone would be an improvement for your family.

IF you really want to stay at the Poly and can afford it, then Poly it is. But if you are wondering whether it is "worth it, I would consider doing a split stay for the first 4 days at POFQ and the last 2 days at Poly.

For me, this is like comparing apples and oranges. POFQ has a wonderful atmosphere throughout the resort, smallest of the moderates so not a lot of walking required, great pool, and love having the boat to disney springs. That being said, the Poly is in a whole other category of amazingness! Being a deluxe resort, you're getting larger rooms, more on-site dining choices, the convenience of being on the monorail line, watching fireworks from the Polynesian beach. The list is endless for me. You really can't go wrong with either choice, it depends on how much time you plan on spending at the resort. $1400 is a huge amount, if you plan on being at the resort a lot, then may be worth it to enjoy the extra amenities of a deluxe resort. If it were me, I would probably just stick with POFQ and spend the money elsewhere. But if you have the means to do it, the Polynesian is an absolute dream.

Thank you everyone so much for your input. My children and I are now sold on the Polynesian. We are still trying to convince my husband. :rolleyes:

If you can afford it, I say go for it. I personally would not put 4 adults in one room at POFQ - the rooms are just too small. You will get a bigger room at the poly, as well as a prime location with an easy access to 2 parks. At POFQ, you have to ride a bus to all four parks, which my family hates.

You also have much better dining options at the poly, and easy access to other dining locations via the monorail.

We love the poly - it is one of our favorite places to stay. The atmosphere just can’t be beat. It is a vacation within a vacation staying there!
This! Everything cvjw said. The restaurants, transportation, and atmosphere can't be beat. We have only stayed there with a really good discount though. If you can afford to spend 1400.00 extra I would choose Poly. If not POFQ is still a nice resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter