PodCast 4.0 Chit Chat

What a wonderful time!

Val & I had such a great time on this cruise. We chatted with lots of other passengers (not just other DIS'ers) and really enjoyed the whole thing. Valerie was obviously a very good girl this past year since Santa came early for her in Costa Maya and Cozumel bearing gifts of silver. princess:

I'm told I need to wait until our January Eastern cruise for Santa to weigh in on my behavior this past year. pirate:

Just posted my stateroom report for 9044. Nice cabin.

What a great cruise! I really enjoyed getting to know folks and reconnecting with folks I've already met. The Fantasy is a gorgeous ship!

Sayhello

What a wonderful cruise! Thank you to the DIS, to Dreams Unlimited Travel, to the DISBoards Welcome Center and everyone who worked hard to organize meets and events! It was great enjoying the Disney Fantasy and seeing old friends and making new ones. :)

If anyone knows what to do about post-cruise depression, please share the antidote! :sad1:

Thank you to Dreams Unlimited for a great cruise! Of my 4 Disney cruises - this one was the best. I hadn't planned on rebooking onboard, but did so during the Podcast taping break in anticipation of Podcast Cruise 5.0. :)

Back home - and post cruise hangover is in full effect.

No vacations currently planned - and THAT is disconcerting - although we've got a few irons in the fire that may help us cope!

It was a great trip - I hope all of you have as many good memories as I do from the adventure.

That's easy. Just go on another one. :sail:

That would be the perfect solution, but since our lottery numbers didn't come back properly, limits on vacation and finances will require us going back to reality instead of taking another cruise for a while. Pouting now... LOL

So, many of you know that I'm a recovering bean counter. I obviously have a long way to go on that road to recovery as for some reason I felt compelled to pull together a spreadsheet analyzing how much we spent on board.

25% Specialty Dining (excluding alcohol)
44% Beverages (almost all of them alcoholic)
10% Gift shops
11% Shore Excursions
10% ship's gratuities & laundry

So, many of you know that I'm a recovering bean counter. I obviously have a long way to go on that road to recovery as for some reason I felt compelled to pull together a spreadsheet analyzing how much we spent on board.

25% Specialty Dining (excluding alcohol)
44% Beverages (almost all of them alcoholic)
10% Gift shops
11% Shore Excursions
10% ship's gratuities & laundry

I keep a detailed notebook of what I spend on each of my trips, but I haven't broken down the expenditures into percentages. I paid only for myself, so my cruise expenses were pretty low: 1 dinner at Palo without alcohol; excursions in Costa Maya ($75), Cozumel ($59), and tips for the guides; two $4 drinks in Grand Cayman and Cozumel so I could get wifi; a $5.99 Fantasy pin in the gift shop; and gratuities. Cruise lines definitely don't make much money on me once I am onboard!

Speaking as a fellow (retired) bean counter, there is no hope of recovery and yes, I have all my cruise expenditure analysed in Quicken!

It was nice to see you again on the cruise!

Cruise lines definitely don't make much money on me once I am onboard!
Normally the case for us, too.

This time we did Palo, and I did Remy. Dining with friends, old and new, was great. I liked the conversations.

But next time - no. I found the food to be only a little better than MDR.

It's so easy and convenient to spend a lot of extra $ on the ship.

We did Palo brunch - which I adore - and will always do that, but Palo dinner will probably be passed up in the future. I thought it was a nice dinner. we had a large tableful of friends dining together and that's what made it special, the meal ...meh

Some pretty spectacular pictures there Lisa!

Thank you for sharing your pictures. I wasn't able to leave the ship and I loved seeing the ports of call through your lens. You also captured so many sites on the ship that I missed. What a great way to revisit a wonderful trip.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Thanks for the photo compliments, Jeff and Carol! Most of the port photos were from the ship - we only left the ship in Cozumel, and we quickly wished we hadn't. :rotfl: Funny how much prettier those port areas looked from afar, at least where Cozumel was concerned. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter