• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POC DVD Game by Imaginations TV

DVC Mary

<font color="#FF6666">I must have missed the lobst
Does anyone know anything about the POC pirate: DVD Game by Imagination TV? My son got it for his b-day, but I am afraid to open it, b/c I'm afraid he'll be disappointed. He loves Scene It type games & I'm afraid he'll be disappointed that it's not similar to Scene It. My DSs are 6 & 9/12. I posted on the games board, but thought I'd try the Family boards too.

Anyone played it? :confused3

Thanks! :wave:

I think we have this game. It's a DVD game, right? Not one of those games you plug into the tv?

If it's the same one, I find it boring but my DS-6, almost 7, and DH like it alot. It comes with a cloth map, pirate ships, special dice, cards you need to collect (gold, silver and rum) and the DVD. Everytime they land on an island they have to do a "challenge." I think there are 6 challenges. Basically one's like a shell game type where you need to watch the ball, there are a few that remind me of Vegas LOL where you need to just take a chance and guess the correct item and there is a trivia one. You can also have battles with the other players. They show short clips from the 2 POTC movies but I don't think any of the trivia is based on it. You can play this game easily without seeing the movies.

Like I said, the "boys" love it but after a while doing the same 6 challenges gets a little dull to me. I prefer the Scene It types but that's me, an adult female :teeth:

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter