Plus size (Pooh sized) Universal Orlando question?

graciepooh

Mouseketeer
I was not worried about my size and the HP rides until I came across videos on YouTube. Now I do nothing but worry. I have a terrible self body image and I genuinely can’t judge my size to others. I can find nowhere that lists measurements, which I think would really help me .

I am currently 230lbs, 5’8 inches tall And wear a 16w bottom and a 1x top. My measurements are as follows:
Waist (41)
Arm (14)
Thigh (24)
Chest (43)
Hips (48.5)

Is there anyone near these measurements that Has been able to ride? If not, did you feel you were close? Thanks to OMAD I have dropped 31 pounds in 2 months and plan on continuing until my trip in Jan. Thanks in advance for any replies.

The best advice I can give you is definitely try the test seats (and don't be embarrassed to do so, plenty of people try them). I have what I refer to as a "cheesecake baby" belly...just a tummy that wasn't helped from my love of desserts. I was able to fit into the rides without much trouble. I certainly wasn't uncomfortable. I am shorter than you by quite a bit, so I can't speak for height making a difference. Now I will add that my husband, who is 5' 10" thin and long legged actually had trouble with his legs feeling squeezed. So it's not just Pooh sized people on those rides.

I think you will be okay
I’ve done the rides with my son (245 lbs) and he fit

continue on your weight loss plan and you’ll drop more inches and weight by the time you go next year.

You are doing great losing weight now!
I’m sure you will stay on this path and lose more before your trip.

I'm 5'9" 250-60lb and rode Forbidden Journey and most rides just fine, except Pteranodon Flyers but why would I lol.

My husband can fit on rides at WDW but barely fit on the HP rides this week. We has a big belly and had difficulty pushing the over head harness down enough, same with lap bars. Same issue on MIB ride. Ended up being able to ride but had to beat on the bars to close.

Escape from Gringgots front rower was too small for him, so moved to second row. The team member said that for some reason the first row is snugger. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I agree about trying the sample seat first. However I noticed on some rides that it’s far into the line and not at the entrance.

NO Worries! I am 5'8" and have been to the parks wearing the EXACT SAME SIZES as you and did not even need the modified seats. I have also been there 20 lbs heavier and fit on everything but did need the modified seats on some rides. The size you are right now is most likely the "sweet spot" for just fitting without any accommodations. There of course could be differences in body shape. I carry weight from head to toe, very proportionately (thick limbs, poochie booty, no big gut) but have STUPID big boobs which can be a problem but at your size, I am fine.

NO Worries! I am 5'8" and have been to the parks wearing the EXACT SAME SIZES as you and did not even need the modified seats. I have also been there 20 lbs heavier and fit on everything but did need the modified seats on some rides. The size you are right now is most likely the "sweet spot" for just fitting without any accommodations. There of course could be differences in body shape. I carry weight from head to toe, very proportionately (thick limbs, poochie booty, no big gut) but have STUPID big boobs which can be a problem but at your size, I am fine.

Oh you are amazing!!! That is my body as well, when I gain I gain everywhere! Thank you so much, you have made me feel so much better!

I have a good friend that is plus size as well and not sure exact but guess around similar size to you. the only ride she was not able to do was Rip Ride Rockit. If you are wearing a hoodie or jacket or anything when you go i'd make sure to put it in a locker. One day she got on everything fine, but the next day she had a hoodie on over her shirt and she needed one more click for Forbidden Journey. So you should be ok but it might be a tight fit. As stated above I'd just try out the test seats to make sure if you are worried going into the line.

Just a fun update, our trip is not until Jan. 10th, however, I am currently 185lbs, which is a total of 77lbs lost. Thank you all for your encouragement, I am no longer worried about fitting on the rides and hope to be even smaller by the time we go!!

Just a fun update, our trip is not until Jan. 10th, however, I am currently 185lbs, which is a total of 77lbs lost. Thank you all for your encouragement, I am no longer worried about fitting on the rides and hope to be even smaller by the time we go!!

Wonderful news graciepooh......that is an amazing achievement for you! You must be so proud.

And it`s wonderful that you don`t have to worry about fitting on any of the rides anymore :thumbsup2

I am pooh sized as well, but with extremely large breast, the stomach wasnt my problem, it was trying to get those two to squeeze into anything that came down over the shoulders. Lol dont worry, just have fun and check the tester seats. I was more nervous at volcano bay lol

Your post literally made me cry. My daughter and I went to UO this past September and she was too big for all the Harry Potter rides. It was terrible. We didn't know ahead of time to even worry about it. We came home and started a medically managed weight loss plan with her and so far she's lost about 20 lbs. with about 100 to go. Despite the multitude of health benefits (kinda tough to get a 16 year old excited about that...), what's really been a huge motivating factor for her is being able to ride those rides. She wants it. And I want it for her.

I congratulate you. What a tremendous achievement. And I hope we can come back in February after our next trip and report that my daughter was able to ride as well.

I am able to ride everything at 5'7" 210 but some seats are snug for sure. I've even had a little trouble clicking in on Forbidden Journey at 195 so I do think your clothes make a difference too. I go in winter so I typically have a jacket on.

Wondering about height issues. My son is 6'5, will he be OK to fit rides?
My husband is 6’6” and he fit in everything we rode. Only things we didn’t try were Hulk and Fear Fall, because either the kids didn’t want to go on them or it was raining and they were closed when we were over there.

This is my biggest fear as we head to universal next week. I fit in everything at Disney even mine train but I’m worried because mostly what I want to do is the Harry Potter stuff. I’m slightly bigger than the OP’s orignal post by a few lbs and 2 inches but I’m I’m shorter. I started in January working out but that’s where I stand now in size. I’ve done good work so I don’t want to dismiss it but I just don’t know if it will be enough to fit in the rides.

I'm shorter and rounder than the OP, I fit in all the rides at Universal (well, all that I tried, I haven't really explored the kids area).

Thanks for this thread! I'm shorter but roughly the same sizes and weight, I was just about to post asking this exact question. I wish there was someplace with the seat sizes posted - surely there's an engineer somewhere who knows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter