Plumbing issue

rlk

DIS Veteran
I've got a problem with my toilet and I am hoping for an easy fix before I need to call in the plumber tomorrow. My husband said this could only happen to me...

I was trying to fix a leaky flapper. I took the top of the tank off and didn't see that my son left one single disposable contact lens packet on top. Of course, that lens fell into the tank and went right down the flapper hole. The good news, I replaced the old flapper, but now the contact lens is restricting the water flow. Is there a way to get the thing dislodged easily?

Isn't the flapper hole very large? Not sure how a contact can obstruct it, or is the fill obstructed?

I was thinking the same thing, but realized the contact was still in the disposable container which is about 3/4 inch by i-1/2 inches.

I wonder if one of those snake claw tools would be able to grab it.

that might work. it depends on if they can see it or if it is around a bend.

if they can see it, if they let it dry enough, chewing gum on the end of a stick might work.

or maybe a wet/dry vacuum could suck it out.

Last edited:
MacGyver Time

a wet/dry shop vacuum, a short piece of tubing or hose and a roll of duct tape!

Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like a new toilet will be purchased this weekend. Our handyman came by this afternoon and tried everything including plunging, dry vac, and snaking. The contact lens package is still obstructing the flow.

I’m seeing the positive in this as I never liked this toilet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter