Pleasure Island-What's there?

lpursell

Mouseketeer
Our group of 6adults and 1 child will be at AKL from 1/14-1/18 with UPH tickets. What is at Pleasure Island if we don't dance? I've seen references to Comedy Club so that sounds good. What is the Adventure Club? We can take turns babysitting so everybody can get out in the evening at least once. What do you like to do there?

DH & I loved PI when we went this past June.

We went to the first show at the Comedy Club as the lines aren't as bad then, and then to a later show as well (They are all different skits with suggestions from audience members) If you want to interact with the CM's at this show, try to sit next to one of the phones on the wall. In enjoyed the "heckler" and the "punch line" drinks here.

We also could have easily spent the entire evening at the Adventurer's Club. The shows here are different all evening as well. The main shows take place in the library (but even if you've been in there once in the evening, go back in.....the next show will be different). Also, they have smaller skits going on in the other smaller rooms that branch off from the rotunda area. Actually just sitting in the middle section waiting for the "shows" can be a "show" in and off itself! Try the Kungaloosh while you're here....delicicous.

We like to end the evening at the Jazz club. It is a great place to wind down in the evening!

Also, there are several shops to check out between the Adventurer's club and the Jazz club, which we enjoyed looking at. Also there is a place that has yummy chili cheese fries too. We got an order of those and took them to the Jazz club with us.

We enjoyed ourselves so much that we went back on another night rather than using our flex feature for a water park as we had originally intended.

DH & I are not the dancing type.....but we were pleasantly surprised with PI!

bweagle, Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still not sure what happens at the Adventurer's Club. Is it skits/plays in different rooms? Thanks again, Linda

Yes, they are skits that get progressively more adult oriented as the evening progresses.

Check out the following link for more info on the Adventurer's Club:

http://wdwig.com/faq_adv.htm

Don't miss this spot. It's Great!

Thanks again bweagle. That link was really informative. I'm sure we'll check it out. Linda

I've been known to spend entire evenings in the Adventurers Club.

If it's your first time there, hang around long enough to go to a show in the library. I'm to the point where I mostly just hang out in the salon to see what happens. If you can stay till the bitter end, don't miss the Hoopla!

(Hoopla!)

By the way, are you cruising on the Magic 1/18?

TDC Nala, yep, we'll be on the Magic on 1/18! This is the second cruise for my husband and I, we cruised 5 years ago through the Panama Canal for our 30th anniversary. Now it's our 35th and we're able to take our whole family due to an unexpected windfall. It's the first cruise for everyone else. I thought WDW and a cruise would be good for an adult family trip because we can see as much or as little of each other as we want. I'm starting to get excited. Why do you call the Magic the Scourge of the Seven Seas? Because of the Norwalk virus? Have you cruised the Magic before?

Nope, this'll be my first time cruising except for a 3-night cruise I took back in 1992 which was not much fun. I'm going on this with a bunch of people from the Disney Dollarless web group, we'll probably be pretty obvious. It should be a blast going with a group. The Scourge of the Seven Seas is a joke that a friend and I have about the Norwalk virus but hopefully it has departed the Magic by now.

Probably we'll see each other on the ship and won't even know it. Chances are if you're at the Adventurers Club between the 15th and the 17th I'd be there, too.

Trust me, stick around for a Hoopla!

A couple of the clubs (Mannequins and BET Soundstage) have an age limit. I think now it's either 18 or 21 depending on what night it is. There's no age limit in any other clubs although obviously minors must be accompanied by adults. I've often seen kids in the Adventurers Club, even at the later shows! Without getting into the debate as to whether or not the kids SHOULD be there (that's a whole other subject and generates controversy), they are permitted there. I don't go anywhere else but the Comedy Warehouse and I've seen kids in there on occasion, too.

I appreciate your answer. We just can't justify $20 an hour for babysitting for us in Canada thats about $34! We probably won't be out too late but its nice to know we can go there. Thanks for your help.

When DH and I went to PI for the first time this past September, we LOVED it! We went to the first showing of the CW (great!!) and then spent almost 5 hours at the AC. Both places had us ROFL! As TDC Nala said, make sure you go to at least one show in the Library at the AC. If you just buzz in the club, hang around in the salon for a few minutes and leave, you won't know why everyone loves this place so much.

PI now a definite must do each trip for us! Also, Yvonp--there were tons of kids there at both the CW and AC when we went. The earlier shows of the night are definitely less "adult" oriented than the later shows, so your kids should be just fine!

Originally posted by lpursell
Our group of 6adults and 1 child will be at AKL from 1/14-1/18 with UPH tickets. What is at Pleasure Island if we don't dance? I've seen references to Comedy Club so that sounds good. What is the Adventure Club? We can take turns babysitting so everybody can get out in the evening at least once. What do you like to do there?

To Lpursell,

Another two cents on the AC. I'm a fanatic, take that into consideration, but my wife and I no longer do anything on PI but the AC and midnight on the street (never turn down fireworks). Why? Probably because we're older and don't feel like dancing all night anymore. But the Jazz Club is a really, really good jazz club. Maniquins is a really good dance club. 8 Tracks is a really good dance club, featuring 70's music. On and on. They're really good clubs, but I can get them right here in Central PA. We don't have a comedy club, but we do have comedy nights.

But the AC? There's nothing like it that I've found, outside of Disney. It's interactive. Yes, there are shows and skits, and the club looks really neat. But it goes beyond that. Go to the shows, enjoy the skits, but for the best experience, sit, watch, and wait. There was one night that by mid-evening, some guy started talking to me about his trip down and I never did know for sure if he was a patron or a cast member. The hours will slip by, and you'll be transported somewhere else. Isn't that what Disney is about?

A suggestion: Wait for the Colonel (the British-looking puppet on the wall) to speak. Interupt him (a simple "oh Colonel") and ask him to teach you the beer song. Rich stuff.

Pat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter