Please tell me about the toll roads...

monzmom

Mouseketeer
Paying to drive on the highway?

Hi! I'm relatively new to the boards & need your advice about getting to WDW from MCO. In January, we are planning to rent a car and will drive from MCO to ASMu in the early evening. We plan on stopping along the way to pick up snacks and other necessities. Being from CA, toll roads are a foreign conecpt to me. :confused: How much are the tolls and how often do you pay them? Are there any routes from MCO to WDW that don't have tolls? Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help! :)

Hello monzmom- There are just 2 tolls on the way to WDW. One is .25 and the other is .50. I'm sure there are other ways, but for .75, is it really worth a much less direct route. As for the snacks, we always stop at a nearby Walmart, their prices and selection can't be beat.

We leave from the south exit of the airport, hop on the Greenway, rte 417 and there are two 1.00 tolls. I would avoid, at all costs, I4 and the Beeline. They have a tendency to back up forever. The Greenway gets us from the airport to OKW in about 20 mins. To rte. 535 in about 15 mins. IMHO, it is worth the extra dollar in tolls.

If you take 417, which we do, you can exit at the Orange Blossom Trail exit and go to an Albertsons grocery store and then hop back onto 417. This is a convenient grocery stop on the way to WDW.

It's done on purpose, because so much of the traffic is generated by tourists, the county feels that it is only fair that they help pay for the roads that would not be there if it were not for tourist traffic.

There actually are routes you can take that avoid the tolls, but they are extremely circuitous and will take a long time. Unless you happen to want to go into the North Orlando area for some reason, it is not worth the trouble. Just bring a roll of quarters and you will be just fine both ways with change to spare.

Thanks for the information! I'll make sure I some singles and change for the drive to the world! D

The Beeline is not too bad if you are not doing it in the late afternoon to early evening on weekdays.

Go out the north airport exit following the Semoran Blvd signs, cross over the Beeline and left at the first light, then bear left paralleling the Beeline for about a mile, then left at a light, go a few carlengths and left again, you are back on the Beeline and there is only one toll for you at 50 cents.

Get onto I-4 west (southwest) get off at Epcot exit for MK, Epcot and nearby resorts. If you get off at the new Osceola Parkway exit west you are in the same place that the Greeneway gerts you to for $2.00 in tolls. Use this for AK, MGM, nearby resorts, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach.

Back to the airport via I-4 and Beeline is not too bad if it is not early morning. Get off Beeline at exit 9 Tradesport. Left under the Beeline, fill up rental car on the left, or take right at second of two very close traffic lights to parallel the Beeline back to Semoran and the north airport entrance.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter