Please tell me about resort entertainment!

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
I just learned about Jason and Billy at POFQ and they sound awesome. I have never seen them and definitely want to on our next trip. I knew about the magician and juggler/acrobat on the Boardwalk (both excellent) - what else am I missing? I am talking actual entertainers, not trying to encroach on things that are really just meant for resort guests, like the African educational experiences in AKL or the Hawaiian educational experiences in Poly. Thanks!

I second YeHaa Bob. He puts on a great show. The GF has a Piano player in the lobby, and an Orchestra that plays above the lobby in 2nd floor Mezzanine . Sit in the lobby,relax and enjoy. Poly has a sunset ceremony.

As long as you are at POFQ, it's a short walk over to see Yee-Haw Bob and it's a great show. I can't remember the exact schedule but it's something to look into for sure. Mizner's Big Band is also something to catch. At the Poly, they used to do a torch lighting ceremony nightly. ( Not sure if they still do that - it's been quite a few years since we've stayed there ). Most resorts also have free Disney movies by the pool nightly and pool parties during the day for the kids.

As long as you are at POFQ, it's a short walk over to see Yee-Haw Bob and it's a great show. I can't remember the exact schedule but it's something to look into for sure. Mizner's Big Band is also something to catch. At the Poly, they used to do a torch lighting ceremony nightly. ( Not sure if they still do that - it's been quite a few years since we've stayed there ). Most resorts also have free Disney movies by the pool nightly and pool parties during the day for the kids.

They still did the torching lighting as of last October. But it's really short, not sure I would make that the only reason for visiting. Of course there are more than a few reasons to visit the Polynesian. :)

Sunset Torch lighting is back at Poly. It was gone for awhile during renovations. It used to be out in front of the resort, now it’s in the back when you walk out by Niue.
Pool parties are just for people staying at that resort so I didn’t include as poster was looking at things to do at other resorts.

What time is the torch lighting? It would be neat if we see it but ok if not. We are planning to take monorail after 1900 park fare dinner and end at Polynesian to stop at the ice cream window and see the water pageant. Which by the way was moved up 20 min now through August 18. So it will be passing by at 8:40 this summer.

A jazz orchestra plays at Grand Floridian outside of Mizner's during certain times, we loved it! Sat in the bar with some cocktails, full of people and good music.

This band was fantastic. We stayed at the GF and tried to catch them every time we were at the resort!

Yehaa Bob does his shows Wednesday through Saturday night. He has a website you can Google to see if he is there during your trip ( man has got to take vacation☺). The performers at POFQ were there 4 nights on our visit ( Saturday to Tuesday). We have only stayed at POFQ so walking up to POR isn't a big deal.

YeeHaw Bob at POR is our favorite resort entertainer! Been staying at POR since 2007 and we always love making time to see him during every trip when we stay at either POR or POFQ.

What time is the torch lighting? It would be neat if we see it but ok if not. We are planning to take monorail after 1900 park fare dinner and end at Polynesian to stop at the ice cream window and see the water pageant. Which by the way was moved up 20 min now through August 18. So it will be passing by at 8:40 this summer.
I can’t remember but you could ask on the Poly thread, and monthly activity sheet is usually posted.

Does Yeehaa Bob have audience participation?
Oh yeah, and then some

ETA - Obviously, not required but as Bob is fond of reminding folks, you'll never see these people again, so join in, make a fool of yourself, no one else cares and everyone else is doing it too anyway.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter