Please tell me about fishing

FredS

DIS Veteran
DS, 8, wants to go fishing at DW. I saw that you can rent fishing poles there, but is there a problem with bringing a rod and reel? Are there any particular "hot" spots to get lucky fishing -- since it is catch and release I would think there would be some large fish in those waters and it would THRILL him immensely to catch a big fish!

Yes, You can bring your own equipment. The best fishing is out in the lake around the docks and feeding stations. However you have to pay Disney prices for fishing trips to get to fish these locations.

There are some very nice fish to be caught in the canals that stay clear of the heavy vegetation that summer time brings. The large cannel behind the 1500-1900 loops that runs along the dog walk is a good place for cast fishing as well as cane pole fishing and should thrill a 8 year old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter