Please tell me about DL the first week in Dec!

Skylarr29

DIS Veteran
Hi. We are veterans of WDW and live in FLorida but we decided to venture out and go to Disneyland the first week in Dec. Can you please tell me if there are any special activities to do for the holidays? What is the weather like at this time ( we are from Florida so I am sure we willt hink it is cold!) ? We are staying at the Grand Californian!! What are the crowds like at this time??? Any other useful info would be greatly appreciated too! TIA

Skylarr29 said:
Hi. We are veterans of WDW and live in FLorida but we decided to venture out and go to Disneyland the first week in Dec. Can you please tell me if there are any special activities to do for the holidays? What is the weather like at this time ( we are from Florida so I am sure we willt hink it is cold!) ? We are staying at the Grand Californian!! What are the crowds like at this time??? Any other useful info would be greatly appreciated too! TIA
There is usually a "Candlelight Processional" during the first weekend of December which draws a lot of locals. During the week (especially in the mornings) you'll have the parks almost to yourselves, but crowds pick up in the late afternoons and the weekends are very crowded. Unlike WDW, DL is a favorite of the locals, and they swarm to the parks in the evenings and after school, especially at Christmas.

Every night, it "snows" on Main St. after the fireworks, and It's a Small World and the Haunted Mansion both have holiday overlays.

You will LOVE the Grand Californian! (Think Wilderness Lodge) The difference at DL is that you walk everywhere, and you can cover a lot more ground in a day, since the parks are smaller in area. Take breaks in the afternoons and get to the entrances early for the most relaxing trip.

I'd recommend getting ADRs at the Blue Bayou which is inside Pirates of the Caribbean. I prefer lunch there over dinner. Make sure you order a Monte Cristo sandwich (and SPLIT it--it's huge!!!)

Weather will be cooler than Florida. We generally are in jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts in December. (temps can range from high 50s to low 70s) The evenings are particularly chilly, so bring layers. You may get some rain, but it's generally short-lived and rather wimpy. (although THIS year wasn't!) Bring some ponchos/umbrellas just in case. Most attractions stay open even when it's raining.

Have a great time! I know you'll love Walt's original park! :earsboy:

Thank so much for taking the time to answer my questions!! I have a lot of research to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter