Please Stop Trying to Hold My Hand...We're Going to Conorado Springs! - A May 2018 TR *COMPLETE 11/8

That's SO awesome that you got to see FoF during your lunch!

It was really fun! Much nicer than standing out in the blazing sun for half an hour or more.:rolleyes:

Cute pics with Tinkerbell!

Thanks! I love how they turned out!

I love the PP pics with the bench!!

I was so excited to see a photographer out there that I basically dragged Kelsey with me.:rotfl:

Looks like you picked the perfect time to eat at Tony's! Sorry you felt rushed, it always stinks when they do that.

I may or may not have been quite proud of how that plan worked out. :blush:

I need a PP to take photos of me taking photos of FOF this November!!

It was really cool! I feel like there's not as many PP just walking around and handing you cards like there used to be.

Our girl Tink pulled THROUGH with those adorable pics!!

Right???:tinker:

I’m glad you enjoyed your lunch at Tony’s, extra bonus to see the parade from the patio!

It was definitely a nice break in the day!

Adorable photos with Tink!

Great planning with your ADR at Tony's and being able to see the parade.

Thanks so much!

How cool that you got to watch the parade from your lunch table. Did you guys plan that?

I love your pictures with Tinkerbell, and also the ones with Walt and Minnie. I hope there's a PP photographer at that location on our trip. :mickeyjum

I did actually plan it! Now, obviously, we weren't certain that it would work out since we couldn't be 100% sure we'd get to sit outside, but we were so glad it worked out!

Super late joining in, but here I am!:wave:

That's okay--welcome aboard! :flower1:

I was going to ask how the view was from there. I might try Tony's again some time. Sounds like the food has gotten a little better. Problem for me is, pasta always sounds so heavy to then be walking around the park after.

Sounds like you enjoyed your meal!

Following along!
When it was time for us to exit the theater, some people weren’t getting up and leaving, so the CM came over the microphone and said, “For those of you still seated, I promise this is NOT Infinity War—there is no after-credits scene!”:rotfl:
Hilarious!

I was going to ask how the view was from there. I might try Tony's again some time. Sounds like the food has gotten a little better. Problem for me is, pasta always sounds so heavy to then be walking around the park after.

Sounds like you enjoyed your meal!

I was a little worried about the pasta being too heavy, but I was pleasantly surprised! Neither of us really felt bad after, even with it being 90 plus degrees.

Following along!

Welcome aboard!

Everything was yummy and really hit the spot!
We enjoy Pinocchio's and I like that Caprese flatbread!

We also stopped at the Haunted Mansion, so Kelsey could take a picture with her Coke.
OMG I haven't seen that bottle! A year or so ago I got a Diet Coke that said "the castle", but I didn't notice a HM one. But then again I don't drink regular soda, but I'm totally looking for it on our next trip! I'll dump out the soda and keep the bottle :laughing:

Our food came out very quickly, and everything was delicious!
Good to hear, most reviews of Tony's food are not good but I've read a couple positive reviews lately. I do like the idea of sitting on the terrace to watch the parade!

Joining in. I love your I'm done adulting t-shirt!

We enjoy Pinocchio's and I like that Caprese flatbread!

Pinnochio's has definitely become one of my favorite QS places!

OMG I haven't seen that bottle! A year or so ago I got a Diet Coke that said "the castle", but I didn't notice a HM one. But then again I don't drink regular soda, but I'm totally looking for it on our next trip! I'll dump out the soda and keep the bottle :laughing:

I thought it was so fun! And I would totally keep the bottle.:laughing:

Good to hear, most reviews of Tony's food are not good but I've read a couple positive reviews lately. I do like the idea of sitting on the terrace to watch the parade!

It had been YEARS since I had been, and I was pleasantly surprised!

Joining in. I love your I'm done adulting t-shirt!

Hi there! :wave: Thank you so much--I love how it turned out!

This Is Not Infinity War!
Day 1, Part 4

After getting our pictures taken, we made a quick bathroom stop and decided to go back into the Emporium and actually ask a CM about the rose gold ears. Kelsey asked, and she was told that the only place that had any was in Discovery Island in AK…the one park we weren’t visiting this trip.:sad: We were both super bummed, and Kelsey decided that she didn’t really want to spend the money on a different pair of ears that weren’t the ones she really wanted.

We checked wait times on the app and decided to walk back to Storybook Circus. When we got back there, though, Dumbo’s wait time had increased from 15 to 40 minutes.:sad2: We wandered through Big Top Souvenirs, then headed back toward PPF for our FP. There was a lot of stop and go before we got in a pirate ship, and then we got stopped once while we were on the ride.

I feel the need to share my picture attempts from PPF, simply because they are so tragic, it's funny.

IMG_0832
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_0834

IMG_0836

IMG_0838

It's fine, it's fine. :rotfl:

After our trip to Neverland, we decided to head over to Mickey’s Philharmagic again.

IMG_0843

While we were walking inside, we heard someone in front of us in line say to someone on the phone “We’re walking into the ride.”

Um, no. No you’re not.

Anyways…

IMG_0845

After the show, we stopped at a nearby ice cream cart. Kelsey got a Mickey bar, and I got a Mickey ice cream sandwich.

Kelsey may or may not have napped a little after she finished her ice cream.

IMG_0846

Then, it was time for our 7DMT FPs! We rode in the second to last row, and it was really fun!

MK_MINETRAIN_20180508_8228627707

MK_MINETRAIN_20180508_8228629707

We decided to wander over into Tomorrowland next. Buzz was posted at 20 minutes, so we hopped in line. I think we waited like 15 minutes, which wasn’t bad at all.

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20180508_411432381227

I won this round, which made Kelsey mad. :laughing:

My score:

IMG_0848

and Kelsey's score:

IMG_0849

We checked the wait time for Space next, but it was posted at 50 minutes, so we decided to hold off on that. Astro Orbiter was posted at only 15, so we decided to do that instead.

After our ride, we just sat on a bench and rested for a few minutes in the shade. We made a quick bathroom stop and then headed over to the Lunching Pad. We each got a blue raspberry slushy and a Mickey pretzel. With our snacks in hand, we headed back toward the Hub to find a spot to watch HEA. It was around 7:40 or so, and we found a spot along the fence on the Tomorrowland side of the Hub.

Kelsey decided that she didn’t really want to spend the money on a different pair of ears that weren’t the ones she really wanted.

That's a shame about Kelsey missing out on her ears!! So strange that they didn't restock them anywhere else. You'd think if they had them in AK, they'd send a few from there over to another park.

I feel the need to share my picture attempts from PPF, simply because they are so tragic, it's funny.

Haha I'm with you there! My pictures from this ride are always hilariously bad!

Then, it was time for our 7DMT FPs! We rode in the second to last row, and it was really fun!

Cute picture! I find 7DMT is more intense toward the back :)

That's a shame about Kelsey missing out on her ears!! So strange that they didn't restock them anywhere else. You'd think if they had them in AK, they'd send a few from there over to another park.

That's what we thought too--especially with as high of a demand as there has been for them!

Haha I'm with you there! My pictures from this ride are always hilariously bad!

I don't think about it as a fast-moving ride until I try to take a picture!:rotfl:

Cute picture! I find 7DMT is more intense toward the back :)

I definitely thought so! It was a lot of fun!

This Is Not Infinity War!
Day 1, Part 5

IMG_0853

IMG_0854

My Instagram story from our viewing spot:

IMG_0858

We sat, talked, and ate our snacks, and before we knew it, it was time for Happily Ever After! :flower1:

As it neared the time for the show, we stood up against the railing so that we could see the castle (because we all know that every stands up and you won’t be able to see if you don’t too). Well, these kids who were probably like 11 or so did the same thing. Not a problem, until a kid who hadn’t been standing there before decided to wedge his way in between Kelsey and the rest of the kids. He was crowding Kelsey, but it still wasn’t the end of the world. And then…one of the kids on the other side of this kid start moving closer to us, which makes this kid move closer to Kelsey.
AND THEN HE SITS ON HER LEG!

200w.gif

I wish I were making this up. I guess he was trying to sit on the railing, but he literally sat on Kelsey’s knee. She hadn’t said anything before when they kept edging closer to her, but at this point she tapped on his shoulder and said, “Excuse me, would you mind moving over a little bit? You’re kind of sitting on my knee.”

The way these kids looked at her, you would have thought that she had screamed at them or asked them to eat a bug. It was kind of ridiculous. He did move, but just barely. I backed up as much as I could to give Kelsey some more room, and one of the kids kept giving us a death glare. It probably wouldn’t have bothered us as much as it did if these kids had been really little, but they were definitely old enough to know to be aware of other people and to not sit on strangers. :confused3

Anyways…once the show started, our irritation was forgotten, and we watched in awe! We had only gotten to see HEA once on our graduation trip, and we loved it even more this time around. I definitely cried a little, too—it was just wonderful!

IMG_0860

IMG_0862

IMG_0863

IMG_0865

IMG_0866

IMG_0867

IMG_0869

IMG_0870

IMG_0871

IMG_0874

IMG_0875

IMG_0883

IMG_0885

IMG_0886

IMG_0889

We had decided before the fireworks started that missing Once Upon a Time didn’t bother us, so we hustled our way through the crowds into Tomorrowland as soon as HEA was over. We all but ran to Space Mtn., and we were so excited to see a 5 minute posted wait time. We walked right on and were sent to the left track. We both thought it seemed faster than we remembered, but it was so much fun!

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_20180509_411434736026

We made a quick bathroom stop, and then stopped at a PP photographer outside Space.

MK_TOMSPACE_20180509_411434832559

MK_TOMSPACE_20180509_411434832558

We decided to ride Buzz one more time, and we walked on to it, too. I won again, but we both did better than we had done the first time!

MK_BUZZLIGHTYEARRIDE_20180509_411434838907

Kelsey's score:

IMG_0894

and my score:

IMG_0892

We began making our way to the front of the park, hoping to get to the busses in the window between HEA and OUAT crowds. We cut through Tomorrowland Terrace and made our way up MSUSA.

We finally made it to the AoA stop at 10:05. The line was insanely long, but they were on top of it. We didn’t even wait 10 minutes before we were getting on a caterpillar bus. We were back in our room just before 10:45. It was an amazing first day, but we were exhausted. We both took fast showers and were in bed by 11:30.

Up Next…Hollywood Studios!

*Side Note* This trip, I made vlog-ish type videos, and I thought I would share them here in case anyone is interested! This is the vlog from Travel Day and Day 1!

getting photos on peter pan's flight is always a nightmare... RIP

the amount of 15 minute wait times you guys ran into!! Nice!!

I admire how gracefully Kelsey dealt with a child sitting on her leg during HEA, maybe it's the deranged camp counselor in me but if a kid had the audacity to glare at me because I told him to get off of my leg I definitely would have had some choice words with him. And maybe a piece of my pretzel would be flung. Who knows.

5 minutes for SM?!? That's AMAZING

You guys had such a big day, wow!!! You got SO MUCH DONE, took so many pics, and looked so cute I'm v. jelly

Great HEA photos!

Those kids were brazen. I don't know how I would react to them trying to edge me out of my spot and then sitting on me!!!

I seriously can not believe that that kid actually sat on Kelsey! That's so insane!! And not a really young kid either! It baffles me the kind of behaviour you see from kids and adults alike in Disney crowds, especially waiting for spots for night shows. But glad you enjoyed HEA! It's so beautiful, and you got some awesome photos :)

I love the photopass frame with Baymax, it's like he photobombed the picture :rotfl2:

Following along! I love that you guys did this trip alone, as my 17 year old daughter can't wait to one day (as soon after her 18th birthday as she can make it happen... lol) take a trip without her 'old mama' tagging along! lol

As it neared the time for the show, we stood up against the railing so that we could see the castle (because we all know that every stands up and you won’t be able to see if you don’t too). Well, these kids who were probably like 11 or so did the same thing. Not a problem, until a kid who hadn’t been standing there before decided to wedge his way in between Kelsey and the rest of the kids. He was crowding Kelsey, but it still wasn’t the end of the world. And then…one of the kids on the other side of this kid start moving closer to us, which makes this kid move closer to Kelsey. AND THEN HE SITS ON HER LEG!

200w.gif

I wish I were making this up. I guess he was trying to sit on the railing, but he literally sat on Kelsey’s knee. She hadn’t said anything before when they kept edging closer to her, but at this point she tapped on his shoulder and said, “Excuse me, would you mind moving over a little bit? You’re kind of sitting on my knee.”

The way these kids looked at her, you would have thought that she had screamed at them or asked them to eat a bug. It was kind of ridiculous. He did move, but just barely. I backed up as much as I could to give Kelsey some more room, and one of the kids kept giving us a death glare. It probably wouldn’t have bothered us as much as it did if these kids had been really little, but they were definitely old enough to know to be aware of other people and to not sit on strangers. :confused3
UGH! So rude! I hate people like that who are just so inconsiderate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!