Please Stop Trying to Hold My Hand...We're Going to Conorado Springs! - A May 2018 TR *COMPLETE 11/8

Thanks. I was thinking they would be cute to get for me and the girls for the next trip.

I feel like there has been a lot of people with stories of a very crowded Magic Kingdom. They are going to need to expand badly soon. There is just not enough room for everyone and everyone wants to be in the Magic Kingdom...

We realized later that there was a cheer competition going on that weekend, and all of the teams had arrived Wed night/Thurs morning...and then they all went to MK on Thursday afternoon! We really did not have bad crowds otherwise!

It can be overwhelming seeing those massive crowds in the parks and realizing your original plans need to change. I've been in Adventureland before when it's crowded, and I don't know why but it seems worse than some other areas of the park. I think it's just because all you can see is this wall of people around you. Good idea to leave the park and go visit DS for a bit. And you can't go wrong with pizza for dinner!

You girls had a great momentum going with rides!

Glad it was a good lunch and that Kelsey could enjoy it more this time!

Woah, that's crazy that the BTMRR wait time jumped so high!

Stinks that it was SO crowded! I can imagine how overwhelming it felt! Sounds like you made the right call leaving and spending some time at DIsney Springs!

It can be overwhelming seeing those massive crowds in the parks and realizing your original plans need to change. I've been in Adventureland before when it's crowded, and I don't know why but it seems worse than some other areas of the park. I think it's just because all you can see is this wall of people around you. Good idea to leave the park and go visit DS for a bit. And you can't go wrong with pizza for dinner!

I just think there's not a lot of space in Adventureland, and that makes it harder to navigate the crowds, for sure. We were definitely glad that we decided to change our plans!

You girls had a great momentum going with rides!

Glad it was a good lunch and that Kelsey could enjoy it more this time!

Woah, that's crazy that the BTMRR wait time jumped so high!

Stinks that it was SO crowded! I can imagine how overwhelming it felt! Sounds like you made the right call leaving and spending some time at DIsney Springs!

The morning was great! The late afternoon just got absolutely insane. We were just glad that we had gotten to do almost everything we wanted on our first day, and we knew we were coming back to MK on our last day, too.

Not sure if I even made a comment on this yet, but it was in my subscriptions so I'm here to say I'M HERE AND CATCHING UP!

First off, I'm jealous of these trip dates because MY BIRTHDAY HAPPENED IN THAT TIME AND I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN TO DISNEY ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anyways, what a wild departure day! But you know, whatever you can do to get to Disney. And I'm SCREAMING over the fact that you stayed in AoA and in the Triton building top floor because THAT'S WHERE I STAYED ON MY FIRST ADULT SOLO/DUO TRIP! What an iconic location.

I'm loving all those Main Street photopass photos! Best friends photos will never not be the cutest. And I love the ones at my beautiful Mansion too. Sounds like such a fun morning.

Tony's looks delicious and how amazing you timed your meal perfectly with FoF! I miss that parade so so much and it does look like you had a good view.

Awww your pics with Tink are so sweet! Love that pixie!

I'm gonna come off like such a snob Disney fan, but it's not Walt and Minnie, it's ROY and Minnie. Walt is with Mickey at the partner's statue. Roy is generally put with Minnie since he was Walt's other half and he's only in MK since that's the park is essentially Roy's baby.

I'm so appalled hearing that story about the kids sitting on Kelsey. That's really... WOW. Some guests in the parks... they are something else.

I love the Baymax shot with Space, so so cute! You two just look so happy, I love it!

What a fun day in DHS! And omg, wow YOUR SCORE. I'm so inferior to everyone when it comes to TSMM (Bless Kelsey for getting a lower score than me). And yay for finding the Rose Gold ears! Those photos at that wall with the good lighting were perf. I'm surprised it doesn't have an account because that lighting was BOMB.

Love seeing someone else seeing VotLM so underrated. So unfortunate you chickened out on ToT and RnRC. Such blessed rides.

Yay for MK day two! I love the castle photoshoot and that's so cool you saw a Disney Fairytales wedding. I did a tour with them once and I'm just in love with what Disney does for weddings.

Omg, you went in HoP even if it's closed until 2020? Y'all must be some real VIPs.

Uggghhh Pommes Frites *insert heart eye emoji*

Woo. Can't believe I caught up. So excited to hear about everything else you two besties got to do! :mickeyjum

Not sure if I even made a comment on this yet, but it was in my subscriptions so I'm here to say I'M HERE AND CATCHING UP!

First off, I'm jealous of these trip dates because MY BIRTHDAY HAPPENED IN THAT TIME AND I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN TO DISNEY ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anyways, what a wild departure day! But you know, whatever you can do to get to Disney. And I'm SCREAMING over the fact that you stayed in AoA and in the Triton building top floor because THAT'S WHERE I STAYED ON MY FIRST ADULT SOLO/DUO TRIP! What an iconic location.

I'm loving all those Main Street photopass photos! Best friends photos will never not be the cutest. And I love the ones at my beautiful Mansion too. Sounds like such a fun morning.

Tony's looks delicious and how amazing you timed your meal perfectly with FoF! I miss that parade so so much and it does look like you had a good view.

Awww your pics with Tink are so sweet! Love that pixie!

I'm gonna come off like such a snob Disney fan, but it's not Walt and Minnie, it's ROY and Minnie. Walt is with Mickey at the partner's statue. Roy is generally put with Minnie since he was Walt's other half and he's only in MK since that's the park is essentially Roy's baby.

I'm so appalled hearing that story about the kids sitting on Kelsey. That's really... WOW. Some guests in the parks... they are something else.

I love the Baymax shot with Space, so so cute! You two just look so happy, I love it!

What a fun day in DHS! And omg, wow YOUR SCORE. I'm so inferior to everyone when it comes to TSMM (Bless Kelsey for getting a lower score than me). And yay for finding the Rose Gold ears! Those photos at that wall with the good lighting were perf. I'm surprised it doesn't have an account because that lighting was BOMB.

Love seeing someone else seeing VotLM so underrated. So unfortunate you chickened out on ToT and RnRC. Such blessed rides.

Yay for MK day two! I love the castle photoshoot and that's so cool you saw a Disney Fairytales wedding. I did a tour with them once and I'm just in love with what Disney does for weddings.

Omg, you went in HoP even if it's closed until 2020? Y'all must be some real VIPs.

Uggghhh Pommes Frites *insert heart eye emoji*

Woo. Can't believe I caught up. So excited to hear about everything else you two besties got to do! :mickeyjum

HI!! :welcome::wave:

Departure Day was absolute insanity, but insanity is always worth it when Disney is the end goal! Also AoA was a beaut and the perfect place for us to stay on our first "grown-up" trip!

Those empty-MK pics are my fave! And Kelsey is a super talented photographer and managed to take some of my favorite pics of me basically ever.:grouphug: The PP photographers were on their A-game this trip, for sure!

We weren't 100% sure we'd get to see FoF from Tony's, but we were so glad it worked out!

OH MY GOSH I KNEW THAT. I feel like a little bit of a dummy right now, because I definitely knew that. Smh.

We had just walked on to Space--definitely SO happy!

Haha for some reason I am SO much better at TSMM than at Buzz. But Kelsey kicked my butt on MIB last summer, so I guess we're even.:laughing: Also, we agreed that we needed to make that wall an official wall!

One day I will get on ToT. RnRC....probably not.:rotfl:

It was so crazy to see that wedding! It was super weird, though, because they let us on MSUSA at like 7:40 but said absolutely nothing about the wedding. :confused3

I'm sensing sarcasm about HoP, but I have no idea what you're talking about LOL:upsidedow

The last couple days were great! :flower1:

Hello, all! I feel like I'm always apologizing for my extended absence, but I really am sorry it's been so long since I updated this TR! At this rate, I might finish before we leave for our December trip. :laughing: Anyways...let's get on with the show!

"Conorado Springs"
Day 4

Our Plans:
Character Spot 11:50-12:50pm
Soarin' 5:10-6:10pm
Spaceship Earth 6:40-7:40pm

This morning, our alarm went off at 6:30am. We got up and got ready, all while scrambling to get our stuff packed back up. We were resort hopping today! Once everything was crammed back into our bags, we called luggage services and were told someone was on their way to pick up our luggage to be delivered to…Conorado Springs?

Huh?
giphy.gif

It took everything in us not to laugh our heads off when the girl on the phone said “Conorado Springs” not once, not twice, but
THREE times! Of course, Coronado Springs will now forever be Conorado Springs to my family.

It was around 8:00 when we left our room. We stopped to fill up our mugs before heading out to the bus stop. Less than 10 minutes later, we were on a bus to Epcot! We arrive at the park in no time at all and parked ourselves in front of Spaceship Earth. The rope dropped a few minutes before 9, and we ran…I mean speed-walked…towards Soarin’. As we were walking up the little ramp-type-thing into the Land, we were weaving and dodging around people who were either a) walking too slow or b) parking a stroller. Well, one woman was not too happy about all of the people walking around her. As we passed her, we heard her say: “UGH! I wish everyone would stop going around us! I mean, we’re all going to get on the ride!” :sad2:

Kelsey and I kind of snickered to each other and said (once we were far out of her earshot) “Yeah but we’re going to get on the ride before you.” :upsidedow

It was 9:00 on the dot when we got in line for Soarin’. We think we probably waited 15 minutes or so, which was not too bad at all! As soon as we got off Soarin’, we headed straight for Test Track. The stand-by was posted at 40 minutes, but we figured it was probably not going to actually be that long and decided to risk it. Thankfully, we were right, and we only waited 20-25 minutes. Before we knew it, it was time to design our car!

IMG_1151
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

And they’re off!

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_20180511_411467307350

Post-Test Track hair. :rotfl:

IMG_1245

Our car finished with a total score of 199. Not too shabby!:thumbsup2

From Test Track, we made our way over to the Seas with Nemo and Friends and walked right on.

IMG_1249

IMG_1253

After exploring the Big Blue World, we set off on an adventure with Figment! After our ride, we played in the lab for a little bit and stopped at the photobooth.

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBECMGEAR4_20180511_8229363528

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBECMGEAR4_20180511_8229363529

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_PBECMGEAR4_20180511_411550929805

We also stopped for some PP pics outside before heading off to the WS.

EPCOT_FWROVER_20180511_411468281652

EPCOT_FWROVER_20180511_411468281654

EPCOT_FWROVER_20180511_411468281656

EPCOT_FWROVER_20180511_411468281658

EPCOT_FWROVER_20180511_411550608791

We decided to head to China for lunch next. We started the wrong way around WS though, so we accidentally ended up walking all the way around the world. Oops! :confused3

We made the best of it, though, and stopped for a few pictures along the way!

1 (2)

1 (3)

1 (4)

1 (1)

We finally made it to Lotus Blossom Café, and we ordered an orange chicken each.

IMG_1267

It was so yummy! We were both so hungry and devoured our food. :laughing:

Hello, all! I feel like I'm always apologizing for my extended absence, but I really am sorry it's been so long since I updated this TR!

Oooh, the struggle is real!! I'm right there with you!

It took everything in us not to laugh our heads off when the girl on the phone said “Conorado Springs” not once, not twice, but THREE times! Of course, Coronado Springs will now forever be Conorado Springs to my family.

I had to read this several times before I noticed the problem. lol

But that's hilarious!

Well, one woman was not too happy about all of the people walking around her. As we passed her, we heard her say: “UGH! I wish everyone would stop going around us! I mean, we’re all going to get on the ride!” :sad2:

Oh my goodness!! :laughing: People are funny. I'm sure she felt less like that when she got to "the ride" and found the wait was longer for her. Those people walking around her had the right idea!

29501306337_fb5da3186f_z.jpg

Okay #1 this is super cute, and #2 I love your hat!!!

Orange Bird and Figment!! My two loves!! These are such great photos. :goodvibes

Oooh, the struggle is real!! I'm right there with you!

It's hard to update regularly with all my class stuff! It would've been better if I had finished before I got back to school, but oh well.

I had to read this several times before I noticed the problem. lol

But that's hilarious!

That was kind of how I felt when she said it. The first time I just kind of thought, "There's no way", but then she kept saying it...

Oh my goodness!! :laughing: People are funny. I'm sure she felt less like that when she got to "the ride" and found the wait was longer for her. Those people walking around her had the right idea!

It wasn't like anyone was pushing her out of the way or anything--she was just mad that we were walking faster than her!

Okay #1 this is super cute, and #2 I love your hat!!!
y

Thank you!! My hat was a really fun Etsy find!

Orange Bird and Figment!! My two loves!! These are such great photos. :goodvibes

Thanks--they were some of my favorites from this day!

Sounds like a perfect morning at Epcot! Love the PP pics and the ones with the topiaries!

Thank you! It was a really great morning, and we got to do so much!

"Conorado Springs"
Day 4, Part 2

After we ate, we checked the line for Frozen, but it was over an hour, so we decided to skip it. We stopped in Mexico to ride the Gran Fiesta Tour.:donald:

IMG_1270

IMG_1271

IMG_1278

Every time I ride this, I think about our 2009 trip when it rained 11.5 inches in the week we were there. On our Epcot day, we walked through ankle deep water, and we rode the Gran Fiesta Tour probably 20 times in a row just to get out of the rain!:rotfl:

We made our way back to Future World for our 12:15 FP for the Character Spot. (Side note: why on Earth is this now a Tier 1 FP???? Anywho...)

First up was the Main Mouse himself!:mickeyjum

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20180511_411470175077 by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20180511_411470175079

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20180511_411470175081

...I should've taken my hat off for these pictures. :confused3

EPCOT_CHRCON4_20180511_411550594747

Next up was Goofy, who was certainly staying true to his name this day!:goofy:

EPCOT_CHRCON5_20180511_411469860573

EPCOT_CHRCON5_20180511_411469860578

EPCOT_CHRCON5_20180511_411469860581

EPCOT_CHRCON5_20180511_411469860583

EPCOT_CHRCON5_20180511_411469860589

And last but not least, Minnie!::MinnieMo

EPCOT_CHRCON6_20180511_411470111145

EPCOT_CHRCON6_20180511_411550608780

I even remembered to take a selfie with her!

EPCOT_CHRCON6_20180511_411470002308

IMG_1280

After our FP, our next stop was Club Cool—I got Kelsey to try the Beverly! :banana:

We wandered through Mouse Gears and then made our way towards the front of the park. We hopped on a bus to CSR right around 1:00pm. When we arrived at the hotel, we went to the front desk to check in. To our delighted surprise, our room was ready!:cool1:

We were in room 8243. It was a little bit of a hike from the main building, but not too bad, and we were really close to the pool. We hauled ourselves, and…Holy. Moly. Batman. It was absolutely stunning, and honestly really spacious.

IMG_1286

IMG_1287

IMG_1289

IMG_1291

We weren’t surprised that our luggage hadn’t arrived yet, because we really weren’t sure our room was going to be ready this early. We had our bathing suits in our backpacks, but we decided we would rather nap instead. We set an alarm and both crashed. :faint:

When the alarm went off, I got up, but Kelsey…not so much. Let’s just say I had to physically drag her from her bed to get her up and moving. :rotfl: She got over it pretty quickly though!

We stopped to fill up our mugs on the way to the bus stop, and we were on a bus back to Epcot a little after 4:30pm. Of course, as soon as we arrived at Epcot, there was a sudden surge of people at bag check, so it took us a few minutes to get inside.

Catching up. Yay you found the rose gold ears... I've been getting custom made ears for our trip and I think i have an addiction. The fourth pair are due to arrive this week :eek::rotfl2:

Your food pics make me excited to try all the food and character selfies are just the best. We discovered this in Paris and they characters seem to enjoy doing them as well so win win!

Riding GFT 20 times is a whole mood and I want to be able to relate to that one day.

Your character spot pics are so cute. Looks like you had a lot of fun with the terrific three!

Omg, the Coronado rooms are GORGEOUS. Ever since my CP formal I've always wanted to stay there and this just adds to it.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day at Epcot! :mickeyjum

My only guess is that they need something for families with little kids to get other than Frozen which probably goes fast. Still silly.

I guess so...it just seems crazy to me! I'll be interested to say what happens with the tiers when the new rides start opening.

Love seeing both versions!

I did too! I was so glad the photographer caught this!

Catching up. Yay you found the rose gold ears... I've been getting custom made ears for our trip and I think i have an addiction. The fourth pair are due to arrive this week :eek::rotfl2:

Your food pics make me excited to try all the food and character selfies are just the best. We discovered this in Paris and they characters seem to enjoy doing them as well so win win!

Yes, we were so excited to find them! Ears are incredibly addictive--I'm going to have to practice some serious self-control when I go in December!

I always intend to take more character selfies, but I end up forgetting! I was just glad that I remembered this time.

Adorable character spot pics, especially the ones with Goofy!

Kelsey's reaction to Beverly :rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks so much!

Oh it was so funny! She's pretty willing to do anything, but she was a little suspicious of me when I said I wanted to video her.

Riding GFT 20 times is a whole mood and I want to be able to relate to that one day.

Your character spot pics are so cute. Looks like you had a lot of fun with the terrific three!

Omg, the Coronado rooms are GORGEOUS. Ever since my CP formal I've always wanted to stay there and this just adds to it.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day at Epcot! :mickeyjum

Definitely a mood, and a pretty funny memory! Add it to your Bucket List! :)

Thanks! We really did!

We were so excited to see that room--it also helped my parents and me make the decision about where to stay on our next trip!

"Conorado Springs"
Day 4, Part 3

Once we were back inside the park, we headed straight to the Land to use our Soarin’ FPs! As we were walking, my hand kind of bumped into Kelsey’s which prompted her to say “PLEASE stop trying to hold my hand!” (This was not the first time she’d said this—just the first time I remembered to write it down!)

This time I remembered to ask to sit in section B row 1. We had to wait a couple extra minutes, but we didn’t care. Once we were standing on the little yellow hangliders, Kelsey said, “I hate people who get B1 by accident: YOU DIDN’T EARN IT!”

We decided to head over to Living with the Land next since it had a short wait.

IMG_1307

IMG_1308

IMG_1310

IMG_1312

IMG_1314

IMG_1316

After our tour of the greenhouses, we were off to the Electric Umbrella for some dinner. I got a bacon cheeseburger and a blue raspberry slushy,

IMG_1317

IMG_1319

and Kelsey got the mojo pulled pork burger and a pineapple coconut slushy.

IMG_1318

IMG_1320

Everything was delicious, and we really enjoyed it!

As we were finishing up our dinner, we checked wait times on the app and saw that Soarin’ was posted at 30 minutes…so we, of course, booked it back over to the Land for flight number 3!

IMG_1323

IMG_1324

After Soarin’, we were off to Spaceship Earth for our last FP of the day!

IMG_1334

IMG_1337

IMG_1343

IMG_1345

IMG_1346

We stopped for some bubblegum wall pictures on our way out!

IMG_0726

IMG_0728

IMG_0736

At this point, I decided to go back to the giftshop outside Figment to get a tshirt I had seen earlier. Except that when we got over there, there was a CM warding people off because Figment apparently closed at 7:00, and it was almost 8:00. I was really bummed about the tshirt, but since it was F&G specific, I couldn’t get it online. I’ve looked around on Ebay and things since then, but people are re-selling those shirts for a ridiculous price. I wanted the shirt, but I didn’t want it that badly. :confused3

"Conorado Springs"
Day 4, Part 4

It was getting close to time for Illuminations, so we set off for France to get some ice cream! We went to Le Artisans de Glacier (If you have never gotten ice cream here, DO IT! You won’t regret it, I promise.). I got a single scoop of chocolate, and Kelsey got a strawberries and cream macaron sandwich. Ice cream in hand, we made our way down to the fencing around the lagoon to find a spot to watch Illuminations. There were a lot of people sitting on that brick wall, and a nice CM told us that we could go down the stairs and get closer. So, we ended up sitting on the ground right along the fence at the edge of the lagoon—a perfect view! We sat for a little while, chatting and eating our ice cream, and then it was time for Illuminations!

It had been a long time since I had seen it, since it got rained out on our graduation trip in 2017. I really loved it! I even cried a little at the end, and Kelsey certainly would not let me forget it.

IMG_1353

IMG_1356

IMG_1357

IMG_1362

IMG_1365

IMG_1368

IMG_1370

IMG_1379

IMG_1383

Once the show was over, we made our way to the front of the park, and we stopped for some pictures on the way out.

We tried to take one ourselves...

IMG_0746

but thankfully there was a PhotoPass photographer out.

EPCOT_ECENTR2_20180512_411479496061

EPCOT_ECENTR2_20180512_411550780702

We said good night to Epcot, and started toward the bus stop.

IMG_1387

IMG_1388

It was around 9:40 when we got to the bus stop, and we waited about 15 minutes for a bus. We got off at the main building when we got back to CSR, so that we could fill up our mugs on our way back to our room. It was a little before 10:45 when we got back to our room…and our luggage was nowhere to be found. So, of course, we call luggage services, only to be told that they can’t find our luggage.

Um, what?

They put us on hold and tried to get in touch with AoA. Eventually, they discovered that (even though we were told that someone was on the way to pick up the luggage when we left at 8am) AoA had not sent our luggage over to CSR. The CM assured us that it was on its way, and that they would deliver the bags as soon as they arrived.

FINALLY, at 12:05am, our bags were delivered. Two people have never taken off their makeup and brushed their teeth as fast as we did that night. We were both back in bed by 12:20, refusing to think about the fact that we have to go home tomorrow. :(

UP NEXT: One last day in MK!

"I hate people who get B1 by accident. YOU DIDN'T DESERVE IT!" Omg, this is me every time I'm not seated at middle-middle, which is actually the Imagineer's decidedly best row since that is where they optimized all of the visuals and smells and sounds and such. But yeah, only true Soarin' stans should be allowed there.

Mmmmm a blue raspberry slush sounds real nice about now even if it is so so cold up here in NY.

Awww, IllumiNations. It feels so weird seeing photos of it now knowing it's going to be gone soon. But it had its time, we ready for a change.

Ew, I'm sorry about the luggage mix-up that stinks. I know I had a similar situation my first time staying in my own hotel room in Disney with getting blankets brought to the room. Not fun staying up later than you must.

Excited (and sad) to hear about your last day! :mickeyjum

Sounds like a great night at Epcot!! That's a bummer that you couldn't get the shirt you wanted :(

Ugh that's so annoying about your luggage! Especially when all you want to do is go to sleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!