"Please Stand Up Before Exiting! BYE BYE!" WDW June 2013! UPDATE x3 1/25

Chapter 17: "We are Sassy Yetis. It's a Thing."

Whew! After our crazy 3 park day yesterday, Erika and I slept in until about 10 AM. She and I are night owls, not morning glories. We just need our sleep. I'M SORRY.

I woke up first and got ready, and then Erika slowly slothed her way out of bed and got herself together.

We trekked to the Springs to Artist Palette to enjoy a yummy Disney breakfast! I don't remember what either of us had. I'm going to assume Erika had Mickey Waffles and I had eggs. Probably. I promise I will take notes on my next trip in 79 days! WOO! :cool1: But seriously I will take more notes and take food pictures. I promise. I'm still an amateur TRer.

After we finished eating, we walked to the bus stop and awaited an Animal Kingdom bus! It was high time we visited our Yeti friend.

I tweeted:
"‏‪@bibbidibonnie‬: 

Off to animal kingdom! YETI.

" 

Bus selfies because we can!

IMG_3294_zpse1c04929.jpg

IMG_3295_zpsd6f1d86c.jpg

We arrived at Animal Kingdom shortly after, around 12, and went straight through security and such nonsense. We ran straight back to Asia to check out the Everest sitch. No surprise that fast passes were already for 3pm and Erika and I were not planning on being in DAK for very long. Sorry to all who love DAK, I just can't get into it. I hate It's Tough to Be a Bug, Kali is always an extremely long wait, and I'm just not super excited about animals. I have 2 zoos within 20 minutes from where I live, so I just don't find myself wanting to spend my precious Disney time looking at wild animals. I'm sorry to all whom I have offended. I'm just being honest. I'm not a DAK fan. I am one of those people who goes to DAK to ride Everest, Dinosaur, and Primeval Whirl. It's barely a half day park for me. Judge me. I'm sorry. :sad2::confused3

So since Erika and I were not planning on being in DAK for that long, we decided to just stand by it, it was 45 mins. It was fine though, she and I are good at killing time. We also downloaded that Ellen Degeneres Heads Up! game on my phone so we were playing that in line as well. We definitely got some serious judgmental stares from the people around us. Well while you people are busy ringing those stupid bells, we were busy acting like goofs. JUDGE. ME.

I tweeted:
"‏‪@bibbidibonnie‬: 

In line for the yeti! Please stop ringing all the bells people. Rise above. ‪#psa

I managed to snag these pics in line:
IMG_3296_zps5c9392bc.jpg

IMG_3297_zps39522d19.jpg

This describes Erika and me perfectly. Some days are more yeti than others. :lmao:
IMG_3298_zps1d0c915c.jpg

We quickly found ourselves in line for seats! WOO! Everest is one of my all time favorite rides of all time. I love it. The theming, the sound effects, the backwards, the dancin' yeti, the ride photo, the view. All of it. I think it is perfection. Imagineers, you did well. It's hard for me to enjoy thrill rides since I live an hour from Cedar Point, so I'm used to them by now (thrill ride snob right here!). Rock n Roller Coaster is a great example. I love the theming, the launch, and the music, but I will not wait longer than 15 minutes for it, since it is just like the rides I have at home. So for me to make a special trip to DAK for Everest an wait longer than 30 minutes (which is my usual standby cut off because I'm lazy and here often enough where I don't have to ride EVERY SINGLE THING every trip) means something!

We enjoyed our rolicking ride through the Himalayas, and said hey to the yeti. It was great. Love. It.

Stay tuned for more DAK fun and see what the rest of this day holds!

Next Chapter!

Chapter 18: "Visiting My Best Friend Earl"

After our amazing ride on EE, we headed over to Chester and Hester for a very important ride, the very inspiration for the title of this TR!

Now I know a lot of people think Chester and Hester is dumb. I mean, I don't think it's dumb, but it does confuse me every time I visit Dak. It's just like this carnival that was plopped in the middle of Africa with colorful dinosaurs. :confused3 But you just have to embrace Chester and Hester for what they are. They are dinosaurs who have rhyming names and own a carnival. That's not a bad life. If I was a dino I'd probably try to own a business. I mean why not? Dinos need to make dino dollas somehow!

This is how my brain works. I apologize.

So we headed into Chester and Hester land and headed straight for Primeval Whirl! WOO! I love this ride. It's short. It's rip rocking. It's a rollickin good time. It's corny. I love it. I always ride it when I'm at DAK (which is usually once per trip)!

I tweeted:
"@bibbidibonnie: Primeval whirl!

"

I know I'm so eloquent. I should write a book. I was just really excited! And what else could I have said, really.

The wait was posted as 20 minutes but I'm pretty sure it was maybe 10, score! We basically walked right on. Plus the shade was nice since it was blazing hot.

We climbed into our time travelin vehicle and away we went! We laughed. We snorted. We drooled. It. Was. Awesome.

Then something amazing happened.

It was time to exit our vehicle.

And that glorious lady came over the speaker and said.

Please stand up before exiting. BYE BYE!

Thus started the inspiration for this TR. Brilliant.

I even tweeted:
"@bibbidibonnie: Please stand up before exiting! Bye bye!

"

CLASSIC. :lmao: I mean I'm not really sure how else I'm supposed to exit my vehicle. Roll out? Crawl? Crab walk? I'm not sure. But she's very polite in reminding us the proper exiting strategy. Thanks lady!

After this, we went to visit DINOSAUR. I do love this ride. Now, since visiting Disneyland and riding the Indiana Jones ride, Dinosaur has been slightly ruined. I just feel like the Indy ride is better themed and the ride itself is more fun. It's longer, wilder, and just overall a better track. But I still love Dinosaur for all that it is. I digress.

HELLO EVERYONE. Man that dude and his puppet. I love it. And Claire Huxtable. You really can't beat that.

So we traveled 65 million years ago and almost died but we found our dino and returned safely to 2013. It was awesome. Our ride photo was great, but I was rushed away with the mob so I couldn't snag a pic. Tourists.

After this, we were getting hungry, so we decided it was time to bid farewell to DAK and go shopping!

We walked all the way to the bus stop and decided to catch the first bus we saw and that was a Boardwalk bus! We took a ride to the Boardwalk and made our way to the bus stop, had I not been as hungry I would've explored the resort but I needed a sammi. Within 10 minutes a DTD bus had arrived and we were off!

I tweeted:
"@bibbidibonnie: Time to go shopping! And visit my favorite earl: the sandwich one!"

As soon as we arrived in DTD, I made a BEELINE for my Earl. I love Earl of Sandwich. Best roast beef sandwich on the planet Earth. I don't know what Mars or Jupiter have to offer, but maybe someday I will! Get on that science.

We got in line, and it was luckily moving very fast and before we knew it we were holding those glorious sandwiches. I was able to snag a table on the inside so we were able to enjoy them in the air conditioning. SCORE!

I had the Original 1762 and I believe Erika had that as well. I don't remember. We also shared a Diet Coke and salt n vinegar chips. YUMMY.

We just sat inside, enjoyed the food and AC, and just talked for a while, letting our feet take a break!

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I took the majority of them at night on this day of the trip! Many more to come!

Stay tuned for what's next!

Next Chapter!

Chapter 19: "I Need to Stop Spending Money!"

Oh Downtown Disney. You always rob my wallet.

I just want all the things okay? ALL THE THINGS!

I don't even know how I'm going to resist all the new Vera Bradley stuff in January. It's so beautiful!

After we ate our delicious sandwiches, we just walked around DTD, going into whatever stores we felt like. It was relaxing and nice.

We hit the majors: Tren-D, World of Disney, Basin, etc!

I used to hate DTD as a kid because I used to hate shopping when I was little (CRAZY I KNOW.). I just didn't understand the point of going to a place where there were no rides or characters...It didn't compute in my childhood brain. But now I love it! I've even grown to really love the West Side for it's cool non-Disney stores. My favorite of those being Something Silver. If you've never been, I highly recommend it. Such a cute boutique with beautiful accessories! I bought a necklace there during my DLR trip in 2012 and a bracelet during my trip in January! GO CHECK IT OUT!

I also need to make time to check out Splitsville. It looks like so much fun but I just can't bring myself to spend time there when I could be riding Space Mountain for the 2092384th time. :lmao:

I bought way more than I should've and Erika resisted. I don't know how she did. Again, doesn't compute.

We spent a few hours browsing around and around 5 we decided to head back to the room to get ready for the evening's festivities.

BUT before we left I had to do a DTD must do: make a treat at Goofy's Candy Co! I love doing this. It's magically delicious. Like Lucky Charms.

I made 3 pretzel rods, dipped in milk chocolate, with oreo crumbles and white chocolate drizzle. HOLY MAN. NOMS. I ate all of them before we got back to Saratoga Springs. :hyper: I was going to save them but then I ate all of them instead.

We arrived back to Saratoga Springs and decided to just relax before our dinner ADR!

Where would we be headed? Stay tuned!

Next Chapter!

Chapter 20: "So This is the Night! It's a Beautiful Night!"

When we arrived back at SSR, we just relaxed in our room. We wanted to gear up for the evening, since Magic Kingdom was having evening EMH tonight! MY FAVORITE. I absolutely LOVE MK evening EMH. It's WDWs greatest gift. LOVE IT.

Erika decided to take a nap, so I went onto our balcony to call my mom! I had been texting my family throughout the trip, but I hadn't talked on the phone with my mom since our first day, so I decided to give her a ring. We chatted on the phone for 20 minutes. It was lovely and I missed her.

After we got off the phone, I just soaked up the atmosphere. I was in my favorite place in the world and it was glorious. I just sat with my thoughts and enjoyed the peace and quiet. I don't do that nearly enough.

I don't know how long I had been sitting there, but around 7 Erika came out and yelled at me for wasting time. Um I'm sorry but you're the one who decided to take a 90 minutes nap. :lmao:

Anyways, I quickly changed and we were out the door!

SIDEBAR: Remember in my second update when I talked about putting my contacts in when I still had nailpolish remover on my fingers? Well my contacts had been bothering me all day, so I decided to take them out and put them back in. Well, when I took them out I noticed they both had huge rips in them. Oops. So for the remainder of the trip, I had to switch between sunglasses and my glasses. Bonnie fail. :lmao:

So we walked to our bus stop and awaited a MK bus to arrive.

Before we knew it we were off! Woo!

Sidebar number 2: I like to observe the people around me on the busses or Monorails, and I noticed an absurd amount of children with iPhones. And no they were not just playing with their parents' iPhones, they were playing with their own personal phones. Like, what?

So I tweeted:
@bibbidibonnie: "The number of young kids with iPhones is too damn high!(("

I do crack myself up.

Anyhoo, we shortly arrived at MK! We arrived around 730, so I told Erika we should try to check out the Space Mountain FP sitch before we checked in for our dinner at 8! Bold move, I know.

I tweeted:
@bibbidibonnie: "((I should have a gold medal in bobbing and weaving in the mad dash for fast passes.(("

Should totally be an Olympic event.

We made our way back to space and snagged some FPs, then it was 7:55 so we had to high tail it to our dinner ADR destination (if the title of this didn't give it away SHAME ON YOU!): TONY'S!!!

I haven't eaten at Tony's since before 2000, so this was a real treat!

I tweeted:
@bibbidibonnie: "((Eating at Tonys for the first time in years!"

I was so excited!
IMG_3300_zps926b7d1b.jpg

IMG_3302_zps40dbaa3a.jpg

IMG_3303_zps6376c1e6.jpg

Lady and the Tramp is one of my all time favorite Disney movies so this place is right up my alley!

We checked in and were seated right away! SCORE!

IMG_3301_zpsbe9406f8.jpg

Stay tuned for our dinner fun and evening EMH adventures!

Next Chapter!​

Chapter 21: "Evening EMH at the Magic Kingdom YOLO"

FIRST OFF HELLO EVERYONE I AM BACK. I really don't have that great of an excuse as to why I have been absent for 2 months. School really caught up to me, then the holidays, and then ANOTHER DISNEY TRIP! THAT'S RIGHT! So I'm going to hurry up and finish this TR because the next one is even CRAZIER!

I also have some VERY exciting news...

Are you ready?

I don't think you are.

I AM GOING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD WITH MY BEST FRIEND LIBBY! :banana::banana::banana:

We are going 3/21-3/27!!!!!! IT'S GOING TO BE EPIC. We also have talked about doing a trip video and co-writing a trip report together, so stay tuned for that. :thumbsup2

You all may know her as @solonglibby on twitter or LibbyLovesDisney here on the disboards! We have been twitter friends for a long time and we finally met up in WDW this past January! I also met @disn3yw0rld, @takemetodw, @thejimdoyle, AND @sparklynicole while I was down there! January was absolutely crazy. It was by far the best trip I have taken to WDW in a long time! It was so amazing to meet my online best friends in person! :lovestruc

In addition to meeting Libby in WDW in January we also met up and took a road trip together to go meet our other best friend @disney_frump! You all probably have read her amazing TRs here on the dis, and she's even crazier and more amazing in person! It was a perfect weekend that I will include in my January WDW TR after I finish this one! I can't WAIT to tell you all about my most recent WDW and disney friend adventures!

NOW BACK TO THE TRIP REPORT.

Our waitress came over and brought us our bread and diet cokes and we ordered our food! Pretty standard dinner schedule, you know?

Obsessed with this fountain:
IMG_3304_zps8fb80776.jpg

Erika and I both got spaghetti and meatballs for our entrees. Again. We just love the sketti okay? NO SHAME IN OUR GAME.

I tweeted:
@bibbidibonnie: "I had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner 2 nights in a row. No ones mad."

After our delicious meal at Tony's it was time for evening EMH craziness at the MK! My favorite!

We headed straight to New Fantasyland (I wonder how long we are all going to call it that before it just becomes, well, Fantasyland...?) because Erika wanted to see Storybook Circus at night!

Storybook Circus is my favorite part of New Fantasyland. It just was themed so well and I love the new dumbo and the big top because food and it's just perfect, especially at night.

IMG_3306_zps62eab2b1.jpg

IMG_3307_zpsa33cefa6.jpg

I promise I really stepped up my iphonography skills when I went in January.

We decided to take a spin on Dumbo since that's exactly what you should do right after dinner.

IMG_3310_zpscdcde292.jpg

IMG_3312_zpsf860cda2.jpg

IMG_3313_zps6af698c4.jpg

IMG_3314_zps0ce366b8.jpg

IMG_3317_zps03732900.jpg

IMG_3318_zps1a959624.jpg

I am not sorry for that Dumbo spam. At all.

After Dumbo, we decided to check out the new Barnstormer!

I tweeted:
@bibbidibonnie: "The newly themed barnstormer is so cute! I love the queue music!"

It really is perfect new theming though. I absolutely loved it.

IMG_3320_zps505a6ac5.jpg

IMG_3321_zps3cd2f02a.jpg

IMG_3322_zps3648a77d.jpg

IMG_3323_zps90ac0125.jpg

Isn't it just perfect? I love goofy he makes me so happy! :lovestruc

After the Barnstormer it was time for dessert. So we went to the Big Top. And I got. A most delicious dessert.

A MICKEY RED VELVET CAKE POP
IMG_3324_zpsa788b012.jpg

HOLY DELICIOUS DESSERT BATMAN. THIS THING WAS AWESOME!

I ate it in like 2 minutes. It was sad but so good.

Stay tuned for more evening EMH madness!

Next Chapter!​

Chapter 22: "Closing Out the Magic Kingdom Like it's Our Job"

After the cake pop deliciousness, it was time for more rides!

We first took a spin on the tea cups, a personal fave!

IMG_3325_zps71300765.jpg

IMG_3326_zps37c7a493.jpg

I love the tea cups in WDW, but the ones in Disneyland are just so cute and outside and the area music is better. Forever torn between Disneyland and WDW. I should probably write a TR about my weekend in DLR over labor day for the 1/2 marathon. Oh god so many TRs and such laziness. :lmao:

After the tea cups it was time to venture over to Haunted Mansion and BIG THUNDER.

I tweeted:
@bibbidibonnie: "Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!"

I love the Haunted Mansion. So much. It's always going to hold a special place in my heart. My sisters and I always listen to that ride music and recite it by heart and it's just a lot of fun and special and I love it okay?

After HM it was time for my favorite (tied with IASM) attraction in all of Walt Disney World.

BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD!

It seriously will forever be my favorite. It's the wildest ride in the wilderness and I love it. Always and forever.

I just always laugh so hard when I'm on that ride and everything is just perfect and in place and it makes me so happy I could cry. :love:

By this time, the MK was closed, BOO!!!, so we decided we should probably leave before cast members started to push us out.

IMG_3332_zpsd603b555.jpg

I tweeted:
@bibbidibonnie: "It's not everyday you can get a pic like this. Gotta love that briar patch!"

But seriously, no one ruined my photo it was great.

MK was crazy empty by this time!

IMG_3333_zps9f357be1.jpg

IMG_3334_zps12faa2cc.jpg

IMG_3336_zps9ad7115c.jpg

I tweeted:
@bibbidibonnie: "

Closin out the magic kingdom. No big deal.

"

But really it's my life. There is not a day in WDW that I am not in MK at some point. And I closed it out 6/7 days of my trip in January. Get. On. My. Level.

I tweeted:

I love being here, I'm never leaving! ‪#sorrynotsorry"

IMG_3339_zpsf6939756.jpg

IMG_3341_zpsfc943b95.jpg

Walking down Main Street USA at anytime in the day or anytime in the trip will always fill me with such butterflies and joy. It's perfection. I want to cry right now just thinking about how much I love and miss it. (See ya in 55 days!)

We finally were out of the MK and caught a bus back to SSR! It was time to sleep. Lots of food comin our way tomorrow!

Stay tuned!

Next Chapter!

i am screaming & crying because of excitement & it was necessary to make this text this large because i love you so much and this is going to the best ever and omg i love you so much. Bye okay bye okay i love you.

i am screaming & crying because of excitement & it was necessary to make this text this large because i love you so much and this is going to the best ever and omg i love you so much. Bye okay bye okay i love you.

HAHAHA I LOVE YOU SO MUCH LIBBY. Also why isn't our march trip in your ticker? Get it together, Lib. :love::love::love::love:

Chapter 23: "I Just Really Love S'mores, Okay?"

Today was all about the food. I mean, what day isn't? I really love food. And I'm just not ashamed. Why starve yourself to be skinny, when you could eat delicious food and just be happy and love yourself for the person you are? Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels? Clearly those people have never been to Disney.

:goodvibes Basically, love yourself. If you love food and don't care that you aren't a size 0 then rock it. That is my PSA for the day. Embrace who you are and stop caring about what others say. The right ones love will love you for the person you are. :goodvibes

So we woke up and got ready and caught a bus for Hollywood Studios!

I apparently tweeted:

I never understood why families spread out on buses...stop shouting to each other and sit together!

"

There must've been a very loud and spread family on our bus. I don't really remember. But clearly I was annoyed enough to tweet?

I also tweeted:
@bibbidibonnie: "It's a Hollywood Studios and EPCOT kind of day! Lunch at 50s and dinner at coral reef! BRING ON DA FOOD.

"

The faces of two hungry ladies ready for all the food!
IMG_3342_zpsa1673972.jpg

When we arrived at DHS we had enough time to check out and ride ToT before our lunch at 50s! WOO!

ToT is always a joy. So many crazy things happen. Crazy things are said. It's one of my top 5 all time favorite WDW attractions of all time.

When we got off ToT we had to speed walk to make our lunch ADR on time! We were ready for the FOOD.

I wish I had a Disney TV in my house!
IMG_3343_zpscd794edd.jpg

IMG_3344_zpsd731a07b.jpg

I love 50s, but I haven't been here in years and it was finally time to change that!

I ordered a diet coke, Erika a coke with cherry syrup. She ordered the famous fried chicken and I the pot roast. We decided to order different things and share our food with each other! Perfect plan, right?

We were seated in a room to the back and there was a TV right next to us which was super fun! It is an amazing atmosphere, I really love 50s.

Our food came out fast and it was super amazing. Erika especially loved the fried chicken.

Proof of chicken love:
IMG_3346_zps8b538f2f.jpg

I had a super frumpy moment and went to take a sip of my drink and missed my straw and cut my chin open. It bled all the way down my chin and neck. Like what?

After I cleaned myself up, Erika and I looked through the viewfinder for dessert! I absolutely HAD to order the s'mores. I love s'mores. LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM. So I had to try this epic dessert!

IT LIVED UP TO EVERY EXPECTATION I COULD'VE HAD. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT AND WOULD GO THERE AND ORDER 3 AND HAVE THEM AS MY APPETIZER ENTREE AND DESSERT.

I tweeted:

THE S'MORES DESSERT FROM 50s. Oh. My. Lanta. ‪#foodcoma

"

We laughed, we stuffed our faces, we paid, and we were headed out for more DHS fun!

Well. I didn't notice my untied shoelace and I tripped and fell on my face.

I tweeted:
@bibbidibonnie: "Well. I cut my chin on my straw and tripped over my untied shoelace. Sorry 50s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter