"Please Stand Up Before Exiting! BYE BYE!" WDW June 2013! UPDATE x3 1/25

BibbidiBonnie

Earning My Ears
"Please Stand Up Before Exiting! BYE BYE!" WDW June 2013! :cool1:

Hello disboards! Welcome to my very first trip report! :yay: I have read many trip reports by many lovely disers and have since been inspired to join the fun! This trip report is filled with best friends, parks on parks on parks, sleep-deprived moments, and more! So please sit back, relax, and enjoy your ride! :mickeyjum

Here is some much needed information about this vacation:

First off, ME! :wave:

Bonnie

IMG_3199_zpsfb280bc1.jpg

HELLO! My name is Bonnie, I am a 19 year old pre-med college student living the Disney life. I have been going to Disney World since I was in utero, and it never loses its magic! Disney World is my home, not Ohio, and I go every single chance I get! I have gone on 20 plus magical vacations to the World and 1 magical vacation to the Land in California (I have a trip coming up in August, eep!princess: )! The majority of my ipod is Disney music, I have way too many Disney t shirts, and I quote Disney on the daily. I love all things Disney and I can't wait to share my most recent trip with all the other Disney fanatics out there! :goodvibes

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Attraction: Big Thunder Mountain, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, and Tower of Terror (to name a few!)
Favorite Restaurant: Liberty Tree Tavern, Narcoossee's, 1900 Park Fare, and Mama Melrose
Favorite Movie: Lady and the Tramp, Tangled, 101 Dalmatians, Monsters Inc, and Cinderella
Favorite Characters: Cinderella, Rapunzel, Minnie Mouse, Mike Wazowski, Rover, and the can-can dolls in It's a Small World

And my traveling companion:

Erika

IMG_3252_zps473a0abd.jpg

Erika is 18 years old and has just graduated high school (part of the reason we took this trip!)! We met when she was a freshman and I was a sophomore in high school and have been best friends ever since! She is my favorite person on the planet and my fellow sass master. She is a DVC member (LUCKY.) and loves Disney almost as much as I do! I'm working on her, don't worry! She loves Disney World and all Disney movies! She's the best. :blush:

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Attraction: Tower of Terror, Soarin', and the Triple Mountain Whammy!
Favorite Restaurant: 50s Prime Time Cafe (its the fried chicken, guys)
Favorite Movie: The Aristocats
Favorite Character: Donald Duck, Chip n Dale, and Mickey Mouse

Now let's get down to business!

Who? Read the above post!
What? A 5 day trip to the Walt Disney World resort! WOO!
When? June 12, 2013-June 17, 2013
Where? Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa (Thanks Erika's Dad for the DVC points!:wave2: )
Why? Um because DISNEY! And to celebrate Erika's graduation from high school, yay!

Here we goooo! Off to the trip report!

To the Table of Contents!​

WEEEE! SO EXCITED!
Definitely subscribing to this!
Can't wait to hear all about it,
& also, WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF TRIP REPORTING!

Table of Contents

June 11, 2013
Chapter 1: We Leave for Disney Tomorrow! NO SLEEP!

June 12, 2013
Chapter 2: Thanks for the Ride to the Airport Mom!

Chapter 3: Oh My God What If My Bag Didn't Make It!!!

Chapter 4: Sorry We're the Only People Getting Off at this Stop!

Chapter 5: What Should We Do First? I Don't Know I'm So Excited!

Chapter 6: Where Should We Go? Bonnie Make a Decision!

Chapter 7: Why is Everyone at the Magic Kingdom!?

Chapter 8: I am Determined to Complete the Triple Mountain Whammy, Even If It Kills Me!

Chapter 9: They Better Have a Golf Cart Waiting for Us!

June 13, 2013
Chapter 10: Wake Up! It's Our First Full Day!

Chapter 11: How Do You Say Hello in Norvegian?

Chapter 12: Why am I the Only One Eating?

Chapter 13: I Guess I Should Take Some Pictures of Our Hotel...

Chapter 14: Let's Take a Nice Picture! NOPE.

Chapter 15: If Only They Would Let Us Stay On the Elevator

Chapter 16: Do You Want Ice Cream? Yes. The Answer is Always Yes.

June 14, 2013
Chapter 17: We are Sassy Yetis. It's a Thing.

Chapter 18: Visiting My Best Friend Earl
Chapter 19: I Need to Stop Spending Money!

Chapter 23: I Just Really Love S'mores, Okay?

Real Life Updates
Real Life Update: Daytona & a Day in Disney!

Photo Update!​

Real Life Update: This is the Story of How I Died...

Photo Update #2!

Chapter 1: We Leave for Disney Tomorrow! NO SLEEP!

Today started out as any ordinary day except that I jumped out of my bed and did a celebratory happy dance because I WAS LEAVING FOR DISNEY WORLD TOMORROW. :cool1: So much to do, yet so much time to kill!

I kind of just slothed around my house waiting for 3:00 to roll around. I took a shift to work the PHC table at New Student Orientation at my school (PHC stands for Panhellenic Council which is the governing body for sororities, as I am in one at my school!) in order to have something to do today aside from wait for tomorrow to be here!

After orientation, my mom took me out to dinner at Macaroni Grill! It was our last dinner before my vacation and we wanted to spend some quality time together before I left her until Monday. :love: (Sidenote: I love my mom to death, she is like my best friend so leaving her was really sad!)

Then FINALLY it was time for Erika to come over after her shift was done at Office Max! YAY! The trip can finally begin! She came over, we ate, I packed around 11 pm (last minute I know!), watched some TV, and finally did some Disney nails!

Mine:

IMG_3203_zps5d0b996a.jpg

And sadly I forgot to take a picture of Erika's :sad1: But hers were red with white polka dots, with yellow mickeys on her ring fingers! (Accent nail, very fancy!)

After nails time we watched some more TV and around 1:30 Erika fell asleep on me so I went to my bed and tried to do the same. But I couldn't. Shocker. So I laid in bed and watched some Netflix and finally fell asleep around 3:30, with an alarm set for 4:30!

What's next? Travel day fun of course! Stay tuned!

Next Chapter!

Disney nails are A LOT more ubiquitous than I ever thought. I didn't even realize they were a thing until joining this site. :confused3

Disney nails are A LOT more ubiquitous than I ever thought. I didn't even realize they were a thing until joining this site. :confused3

Haha they are! I'm a really big fan of nail art, it's a hobby and stress reliever for me especially when I am in school! So of course I have to do Disney nails when I go! :)

Chapter 2: Thanks for the Ride to the Airport Mom!

I bolted out of bed at 4:30 AM, having only slept for maybe an hour, rarin' to go! IT'S FINALLY TIME TO GET MY BOOTY TO DISNEY WORLD. I curled my hair (I don't know why because the florida humidity basically made it go almost completely straight by the end of the day, :laughing: )

Sidestory: I wear contacts/glasses and when I went to put my contacts in, I had forgotten that I did my nails only a few hours before and didn't wash the acetone off my hands. So when I went to put the contact in my eye, my eye immediately rejected it and started burning and turned bright red. Oops. I was able to put them both in a little later, but this story is necessary for later in the TR. Again, I digress.

I woke up Erika around 5:15 AM, much to her chagrin, and we both simultaneously finished getting ready and finished packing necessary toiletries that we used that morning.

Around 5:30 AM we both decided it was time to stop twiddling our thumbs in my room and take our bags downstairs. We loaded them up in my mom's car and then decided to have some breakfast. And that breakfast was cold Pizza Hut pizza. YUM. (also kinda disgusting for 5:30 AM...:crazy2: )

My dad left Erika and I this note:

IMG_3204_zps85725d5a.jpg

He's the cutest. :love:

FINALLY. At 6:00 AM my mom comes downstairs and we were off to the airport! It was a boring drive, typical morning traffic, nothing really that exciting happened, although I'm sure Erika dozed off here and there on that drive (I felt bad making her get up so early, but come on, ITS DISNEY. NO SLEEP.)!

We reached the airport around 6:30! We waiting in the check-in line because I needed to check my bag. The lady at the counter commented on our shirts and asked if we were going to work at Disney because we were so happy and hyper. :rotfl2: No, we're just REALLY excited to go to Disney and we just love it okay? We're children. NO ONE'S MAD. :hyper:

After this encounter (she really was sweet and helped us out A LOT), we made it through security and sat at our gate! On the way to our gate I got a delicious Cinnabon cinnamon roll, yummmmm :p

Get us to Disney please!

IMG_3205_zps5c6a5d2f.jpg

Around 7:15 AM our 8:00 AM flight was finally ready to board! We were seated on our plane within 15 minutes, yay! Our flight was pretty boring, there was some turbulence here and there, and a creepy smelly old man sat next to Erika (poor thing)...But luckily we slept for the majority of the flight (it makes it go faster!)! Unfortunately, we missed the free drinks and pretz, dangit! But a beautiful announcement came over the plane "we are beginning to make our descent into sunny Orlando, please fasten your seat belts" LET'S GO LET'S GO! :banana:

Up Next: WE MADE IT TO ORLANDO! (Finally!)

Next Chapter!

Joining in, sounds like so much fun! I love the title, sis and I quote "bye bye" all the time! :)

Joining in too!! It's awesome you're in a sorority at your school...I am in one at my school and I absolutely love it!

Chapter 3: "Oh My God What If My Bag Didn't Make It!!!"

This update is photo-less (guess I was distracted at MCO), so I will do 2 today, just for you guys!:thumbsup2

WE HAVE FINALLY LANDED IN SUNNY ORLANDO. :cool1:

I tweeted:
"WE ARE IN FLORIDA. I REPEAT: WE ARE IN FLORIDA. Now it's time to get to Disney, lets go!"

We made our way through the Orlando airport. Boarded the awesome fakorail (however it loses its sparkle on the way home...) to the next terminal. I happen to be able to navigate MCO really well and never get lost! I don't know how I do it. :confused3 It's one of my super powers. That and always finding my way back to Disney for no apparent reason. :lmao:

Let me tell you. I will NEVER procrastinate booking the magical express ever again. We booked it too late for them to pick up my checked bag for me, so I had to go to MCO baggage claim, which I haven't done in years, people. NEVER AGAIN. I sprinted to baggage claim thinking my bag would magically be there (despite not utilizing everything the magical express has to offer). It wasn't. My entire flight was surrounding that cool conveyor belt that all the kids want to ride (and so do I let's be honest!). So we waited. Mind you, I felt awful making Erika stand here and wait (she was smart and carried on, however she was thankful I didn't on the way home). After fifteen minutes I started getting angry. I was anxious. Hungry. Travel tired. And I just wanted to get to Disney!

After thirty minutes, bags finally started to fill the conveyor belt. Mine was nowhere to be in sight. I panicked. I NEEDED MY BAG PEOPLE. Erika looked just as worried as I did, but tried to keep her spirits up so I wouldn't freak out as much.

FINALLY. After what seemed like an eternity (mind you, it was probably 45 minutes max), my giant, obnoxious leopard print suitcase came through! YAY! :worship: The travel gods smiled upon me! Erika and I SPRINTED to the magical express area. We were ready.

We got into line 3 of the magical express and we were moving within minutes!

I tweeted:
"We're on a MOTORCOACH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter