Please, Share your Priceline 2.5* experiences

tonilea

<font color=blue>I hope I don't regret this...<br>
We are only considering priceline 2.5 star for the WDW area (and Universal area as a last resort....no pun intended). Please share both your bidding experience and actual room experience.

I have already checked out biddingfortravel.com and found only a bit of info.

Thanks!
Toni

I bid 2.5 on WDW area and got 'upgraded for free' to a 3 star (the Renaissance World Gate.) Don't remember what I bid.

Why not bid for a 3 or 4*? How much are you looking to spend?

Actually we are planning on bidding on a 3*, but I am just hedging my bets. Last year we stayed at Wyndham Olando on I-Drive for $30 + $5 bonus. We loved the WOR, but I was thinking that I might like a WDW area hotel a bit more. I am looking to spend no more than $30 Plus the $5 bonus.

Thanks
Toni

I usually select a 1 star hotel and bid $25. $25 seems like the magic number. Most $25 hotels are on I-192. I've been in several of these hotels. They aren't the Grand Floridian, but they are clean and descent. As long as there aren't roaches, I am happy! Most hotels I get are around 2-3 stars.

Toni, it looks like the only 2.5* hotels in the WDW area that have come up on priceline are the Courtyard Marriott Village (at Little Lake Bryan) and the Ramada Plaza Gateway. I don't know about the Courtyard, but friends stayed at the Ramada last summer and they said it was fine. They booked the conventional way with an entertainment card and paid about $45 for the room. I saw a winning priceline bid for this hotel for $22+5. Anyway hope this helps.

I personally don't think I would bid for a 1* I just don't trust what I would get. I think you can get a better deal and stay at a nicer hotel bidding 2.5* or higher and still not break the bank.

Just remember the $5.95 PL fee and an unknown resort fee at some properties may eat away a lot of your savings if you're only booking 1 night at a low priced room. You can get some aggressive discounts conventionally.

Thanks for your help. We are planning on staying eight nights (Nov 30 to Dec 8).
So the $5.95 PL fee is watered down significantly.

I am afraid to book any less than a 3* or possibly a 2.5*. After all this is my vacation and I don't want to spend it with an aggravated husband and a dirty room.

Thanks again,
Toni

If the Courtyard at the Marriott Village is what all the 2.5* are like then I would say you are in pretty good shape with a 2.5. We stayed at The Courtyard in June and it was very nice. It's only about a year old, and the pool area was very nice.

I usually select a 1 star hotel and bid $25.

Barry, I'm sure that this works well for you. However, the "informed Priceline bidder" in me is shuddering :). I must be pickier than you are because I am willing to pay $5 or $10 per night and spend a little more time to actually get something nice and not just "roachless" :D.

Toni:

I think that you'll be successful in getting a 3* in the WDW area for under $30. Make sure to use the bonus money link on the biddingfortravel site which will save you $5 per night up to $25 total. I would not bid on a 2.5* because you have a very good chance of getting the Courtyard LLB. While I have read great reviews of this hotel, the complex charges a $7.50 resort fee which increases your nightly cost. I don't recall that any of the known 3* WDW properties charge a resort fee.

Thanks for your help. I have not, as of yet, bid on a 2.5 star. I am bidding on 3 stars only for Nov 30 to Dec 8, but have not had any luck as of yet. Am I being too impatient? I am getting a bit antsy, I really like to have things nailed down.

Thanks
Toni

Am I being too impatient?

Maybe a little :). Priceline might not have any availability for your dates right now. I've seen availability change, though. One day a bid is rejected, later that week the same bid (or less!) is accepted. You can rebid every 3 days on the credit card, but I might stretch that out to once a week since you have so much time before your trip. Did you read the Hotels FAQ at biddingfortravel? It has a lot of great hints. Print it out for easier reading. You should also be aware that you are bidding for 8 days and the bonus money is diluted to only about $3 per day.

To make you feel a little less "antsy", you should make a cancelable reservation somewhere while you are bidding on PL. That way you know that you have somewhere to sleep and getting a PL hotel will be less stressful.

I just got the Ramada Plaza and Inn Gateway a 2.5 on priceline for $20 plus the $5 bonus for 10/18 add the tax and fee and grand total of $28. I would be happy to post my thoughts on the hotel when we get back. The last time we did priceline, was for labor day weekend. We got the Wyndham Palace Resort across from Downtown Disney and LOVED it. I got it for $45 plus the $5 bonus. We were upgraded to Crown level with the Wyndham by request card and received all of our requested amenities. We loved everything about the resort. If you are going for a special trip. I would recommend it!!

WOW, great place. We have stayed next door at the Econolodge and have eaten at the Nikki Bird for comparision. The best rate I had previously gotten in Orlando was $25 for the Econolodge. So I was not sure what to expect with the $20 priceline rate at the Ramada. Well let me tell you.... The Ramada is a palace!! (compared to the Econolodge) The front desk was lovely and helpful, our room was in the inn, and very convieniant to our car (we were just spending one night) Our room was very large, and very clean. We had a large fridge, ironing board, hair dryer, large television. We were too late for the pool, but had one right out side our door. The grounds were lovely and well kept. All we had to do was take a right and we were on world drive. We had a drink in the bar, but did not eat there. Based on the experience we had, I would highly recommend it. It was hassle free, and very nice.

I have been looking forward to your review since my sister also has this hotel through Priceline. Were you able to check out the rooms in the tower? She can pay $20.00 extra per night to stay in the tower part. Also, did your room have a parking lot view or a grounds view? You might also want to post your bid on the new board at http://MouseCodes.com and you can be in the running for the guidebook Passporter. Good Luck

Hi there,
We did not go into a tower room, but if you were staying several nights and like to be higher up for a view, it might be nice. I'm not sure what your view would be of thought. Seems like your view would be of the back side (the Inn) of the property, or of the highway and other resorts. I did not notice if tower rooms had balconies. We were way in the back of the resort, and walked to the lobby for drinks. It was a very short walk. If you are in the tower, you would be an elevator ride away from that, and very close to the main pool. I really enjoyed being in the back of the resort. It was quite, we had a pool right outside of our door, we were right at our car, and the fact that it was only $20 a night, made it that much nicer!!!
I grabbed a handful of resort maps from the front desk (a very helpful, very nice lady at the front dest by the way) and would be happy to send you one. Just send me a private message with your address and I'll put one in the mail to you. (and anyone else, while they last).
Hope you and your sister have a great trip!!!!
Regards,
Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter