Please share your favorite Sea World area hotel

Gentry2004

DIS Veteran
For spring break we are planning to get the DC + 3 parks ticket. It seems like the hotel perks are basically gone, so we are just looking for a nice hotel that is reasonably convenient ( we will have a car.) We are a family of 4 so we need 2 queen beds, and breakfast included is a plus but not required.

There seem to be some right near Sea World but also the convention/I drive area doesn’t seem that far either.
Thanks for al recommendations!

Location-wise, look to the area near the Doubletree or closer(the Renaissance is closest if you can afford it). I Drive/Convention Center Hotels can be hit or miss, but avoid Days Inn. I stayed at the Days Inn last trip and there were issues with people fighting close by as well as the room being a bit run down. The Convention Center area is about a five to ten minute drive but is also fairly busy, and the closer hotels may have shuttles available(check with the individual hotels). If you haven’t done Discovery Cove before, you will love it, but do bear in mind the lazy river is an 8ft(in places) fast torrent river.

Location-wise, look to the area near the Doubletree or closer(the Renaissance is closest if you can afford it). I Drive/Convention Center Hotels can be hit or miss, but avoid Days Inn. I stayed at the Days Inn last trip and there were issues with people fighting close by as well as the room being a bit run down. The Convention Center area is about a five to ten minute drive but is also fairly busy, and the closer hotels may have shuttles available(check with the individual hotels). If you haven’t done Discovery Cove before, you will love it, but do bear in mind the lazy river is an 8ft(in places) fast torrent river.

Thank you so much! My girls are going to be so excited to go to DC - we've never been and they don't know yet. Are there good dinner options in the area, or will we need to go to Convention area/Sand Lake area to eat? Thanks again.

Thank you so much! My girls are going to be so excited to go to DC - we've never been and they don't know yet. Are there good dinner options in the area, or will we need to go to Convention area/Sand Lake area to eat? Thanks again.

I know there are some throughout the area but I had my dinner delivered to my room since I took a Lyft(no license so didn’t drive). I am sure others can help you there. Be sure to check for special events going on at each park you plan to visit. If I am not wrong, the Seven Seas Food Festival occurs in March and April. Even if you don’t participate yourselves, it’s good to be aware to help plan. I did the Beluga tour and Rescue tour at my last SeaWorld trip and am doing Sharks and Penguins(the cold weather one) in a couple of weeks. Tours are definitely worth the money if you can fit them in. On Discovery Cove, your voucher/lanyard there is your ticket for the other parks. Also, the lanyard color denotes which of the three changing rooms you are assigned to. I hope this can be of help, even if a bit off topic.

The Renaissance is nice IF you can get a good rate. I’ve lucked out a couple times.

If your kids are young, I recommend Marriott Harbour Lake.

The Renaissance is nice IF you can get a good rate. I’ve lucked out a couple times.

If your kids are young, I recommend Marriott Harbour Lake.

Yeah, that’s the main problem with the Renaissance, but the hotels immediately surrounding SeaWorld are all good options, but once you get to the area where the Convention Center is or a little further south of SeaWorld the hotels can be hit or miss.

It's not walking distance, but it's really close. I love the Marriott Residence Inn SeaWorld. They include a nice buffet breakfast. You can buy dinner there too if you are back and don't want to go out (not that many selections, but my family always has found appealing offerings). We thought food was reasonable and tasted great. They have a nice pool and hot tub also (palm trees, so nice ambience). I love it that you have your own kitchenette. I have stayed in the double queen studios (nice layout) and in the two bedroom/two bath rooms (great if you want a little more privacy or have someone who snores) and liked both. They did a remodel just a few years ago and did a nice job with this. It's a big place and I like to request a place close to the breakfast area to avoid lots of walking as we'll be doing plenty of walking at the parks. This is my go to Orlando place if I am doing a hotel stay instead of renting a condo. This would be my recommendation if the rate seems reasonable.

The Renaissance is beautiful. I hate how expensive food is at those high end hotels, though. Breakfast is not included and we went offsite for dinner as prices were so high. Not sure if things have changed, but when we were there (sometime back) they charged for parking too. The lobby is really cool though. The pool areas are lovely (play area for kids) and adult pool has heated towels and cushy loungers (pretty sweet). It's walking distance to SeaWorld. Breakfast was not included either. I tend to these days avoid four star hotels just because I don't like the expensive food and add on charges even when I get a good base rate (my bean counter personality).

I have also stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld. It's just a little farther from SeaWorld than the Renaissance and is an easy walk to the park. This is your typical Hilton Garden Inn, so nice IMHO. Breakfast is not included, but a nice buffet is available (a little pricy). Dinner offerings are right at the hotel too that are reasonably priced and good. They have double beds not queens, so I would in your shoes pass on this one as there are plenty of double queen options.

If you want a condo and it's in your budget, the Hilton Grand Vacation Club SeaWorld is nice. If we are staying a whole week (Friday to Friday, Saturday to Saturday, or Sunday to Sunday, and want a condo we often for dollar savings will rent from a timeshare owner on TUG2.net or Redweek.com.

It's not walking distance, but it's really close. I love the Marriott Residence Inn SeaWorld. They include a nice buffet breakfast. You can buy dinner there too if you are back and don't want to go out (not that many selections, but my family always has found appealing offerings). We thought food was reasonable and tasted great. They have a nice pool and hot tub also (palm trees, so nice ambience). I love it that you have your own kitchenette. I have stayed in the double queen studios (nice layout) and in the two bedroom/two bath rooms (great if you want a little more privacy or have someone who snores) and liked both. They did a remodel just a few years ago and did a nice job with this. It's a big place and I like to request a place close to the breakfast area to avoid lots of walking as we'll be doing plenty of walking at the parks. This is my go to Orlando place if I am doing a hotel stay instead of renting a condo. This would be my recommendation if the rate seems reasonable.

The Renaissance is beautiful. I hate how expensive food is at those high end hotels, though. Breakfast is not included and we went offsite for dinner as prices were so high. Not sure if things have changed, but when we were there (sometime back) they charged for parking too. The lobby is really cool though. The pool areas are lovely (play area for kids) and adult pool has heated towels and cushy loungers (pretty sweet). It's walking distance to SeaWorld. Breakfast was not included either. I tend to these days avoid four star hotels just because I don't like the expensive food and add on charges even when I get a good base rate (my bean counter personality).

I have also stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld. It's just a little farther from SeaWorld than the Renaissance and is an easy walk to the park. This is your typical Hilton Garden Inn, so nice IMHO. Breakfast is not included, but a nice buffet is available (a little pricy). Dinner offerings are right at the hotel too that are reasonably priced and good. They have double beds not queens, so I would in your shoes pass on this one as there are plenty of double queen options.

If you want a condo and it's in your budget, the Hilton Grand Vacation Club SeaWorld is nice. If we are staying a whole week (Friday to Friday, Saturday to Saturday, or Sunday to Sunday, and want a condo we often for dollar savings will rent from a timeshare owner on TUG2.net or Redweek.com.
Is the Hilton Grand Vacations within walking distance to SeaWorld?

Is the Hilton Grand Vacations within walking distance to SeaWorld?

Yup. Per google maps, it's a 10 minute walk to the SeaWorld parking lot: It's a 1/2 a mile walk. (Make sure you are talking about Hilton Grand Vacation Club SeaWorld). Put in these descriptions in Google Maps to see your own map and specify walking.

Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld

SeaWorld Orlando Parking Entrance

Do though, also consider that the Hilton Grand Vacation club is a large expansive resort, so you need to add the time to get to the entrance of the resort and that SeaWorld has a decent sized parking lot (small compared to Disney parks though) and there is also walking from the beginning of the parking lot to the entrance.

Last edited:
Yup. Per google maps, it's a 10 minute walk to the SeaWorld parking lot: It's a 1/2 a mile walk. (Make sure you are talking about Hilton Grand Vacation Club SeaWorld). Put in these descriptions in Google Maps to see your own map and specify walking.

Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld

SeaWorld Orlando Parking Entrance

Do though, also consider that the Hilton Grand Vacation club is a large expansive resort, so you need to add the time to get to the entrance of the resort and that SeaWorld has a decent sized parking lot (small compared to Disney parks though) and there is also walking from the beginning of the parking lot to the entrance.
Thanks so much! I am planning a heavy SeaWorld and Discovery Cove trip and the Hilton Grand Vacations looks great.

Thanks so much! I am planning a heavy SeaWorld and Discovery Cove trip and the Hilton Grand Vacations looks great.

I think you'll really like this resort if you decide to stay there. This particular resort has beautiful landscaping, lovely common areas, and an upscale feel.

I think you'll really like this resort if you decide to stay there. This particular resort has beautiful landscaping, lovely common areas, and an upscale feel.

Is there any way to get 2 queens at the vacation club type resorts? Every time I look at them they seem to be a King and a sleep sofa, and that just won’t work for us. We need two real beds.

Is there any way to get 2 queens at the vacation club type resorts? Every time I look at them they seem to be a King and a sleep sofa, and that just won’t work for us. We need two real beds.
When I looked at the Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld website, I saw a two bedroom suite with one king and two queens. The prices even booked direct seemed very reasonable. I will follow Kathy’s suggestion and check out Redweek or Tugg2.net however.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter