PLEASE SHARE -What is it like to resort park now?

Back in March, I reserved a campsite for two separate nights. One is in January 2019 and the other is in February, I think. I'll just modify the dates and location in the future, and keep the free parking.

After that it's offsite for me. No way, no how will I pay to park my car on a tiny little 8' x 18' bit of concrete amid Disney's vast 25,000 acres.

Had our first experience with a car for the first time ever last week. Not us but others in the room, had 2 cars in our 2 bedroom Villa, not DVC rental or DVC members, it was a cash stay, directly with Disney. We were there for 4 nights and they charged for parking 1 night for 1 car.

We stayed at WL from sep 20-23, we booked after parking fees were announced. We checked in at the front desk, they asked if we had a vehicle, we said yes, they printed us a parking pass for our car (which has been spotty the last few resort stays) and upon checkout, we were not charged for parking.

We stayed at the Poly from Oct. 21-26, booked prior to 3/21. We drove our own vehicle. We stopped at the guard shack on the way in...did not receive a parking pass. They just confirmed we had a reservation and let us through. I did online check in, so no interaction with the desk. I was not charged for parking.

Just wrapped up a stay at Pop. It was a reservation made in the fall of 2017. I verbally reminded them I should not be charged for parking. I reviewed my bill and there was no parking charge. Yay!......................and I have several other reservations made before the cutoff that I plan on modifying for future stays.

Interested to hear more as to what guests are currently experiencing. We are going in February 2019, four adults, two cars. Just curious if anyone has been charged for 2 cars since this fee was started...it doesn't say per car so I'm hoping not. Also, can they print out multiple parking passes? If I remember correctly when we went February 2018 they didn't give us a parking pass at all.

Interested to hear more as to what guests are currently experiencing. We are going in February 2019, four adults, two cars. Just curious if anyone has been charged for 2 cars since this fee was started...it doesn't say per car so I'm hoping not. Also, can they print out multiple parking passes? If I remember correctly when we went February 2018 they didn't give us a parking pass at all.
Most of the resorts are not using paper passes any more. The guards at the entry to the resort just check your magic band and drivers license when you arrive. You will probably pay for both cars.

It seems to be that Valet parking for a Deluxe guest is a much easier potion at only $9 more ( plus tip).

I had a reservation with a car in Nov at All Star Movies. Driving through the guard shack, he didn't want to scan the magic band stating it wouldn't work until the magic band is used on the room door first. He took id and confirmed reservation. Our room was ready so we did not go to the front desk the first day. I was keeping track of our other room charges so confirmed getting charged for the car that night. Our third day of the reservation we were taking the car to the port for our disney cruise while my dad stayed at the resort. Cheaper to park at the port. Our second day we stopped at the front desk for a few things and I let the girl know the car wouldn't be there for the 3 nights of the cruise. She updated our reservation so that we wouldn't be charged. With how she worded her updates I thought she had it backwards but was done correctly, so we were only then charged for the 1 night when we got back and the initial 2 nights. While I don't like the parking fee I was glad they allowed to amend when the car isn't there.

The parking resort charge is pretty straight up. We booked a November 2018 trip over summer 2018 and upon check out we had the nightly parking resort charge on our folio. We checked in online but I presume when we entered the resort at the gate, the security guard made note that we arrived via a car. I suppose if you didn’t end up parking overnight and say uber’ed, you’d have to tell them at the front desk. The mod resort fee is $19 ~Broken down $17.84 parking fee $1.16 sales tax. Its painless as far as having to deal with it since it’s automatically added as a room charge but it adds up to the trip bottom line.

Still curious to hear about trips booked before and after the March 2018 cutoff for free parking.
I've done a few trips since the parking fees were implemented, some were booked before the date and some after. I never had to tell anyone that my reservation was made before the date, I wasn't charged for parking. The trips I made after it I was charged without actually talking to anyone about the fact I had parked there. The reservation number is what tells them if it was made before that date or not, so the system shouldn't charge you. It's always good to double check your bill before you leave to make sure they didn't do it by accident.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter