PLEASE SHARE -What is it like to resort park now?

We weren't charged at AKL. When we went down to settle our bill when we checked out we double checked and they didn't see any charges for parking so :confused3

We stayed one night at POR and were charged $19. We did online checkin, never went to the front desk and never told anyone we were driving our own car. The gate attendant probably noted this when we first entered the resort and so we were charged. I expected the charge even though I've read plenty of posts from folks who weren't charged at the different resorts.

Interesting that the parking is not always charged. I'm contemplating booking two rooms at the Contemporary for late July. I know in the scheme of things, the parking should not be rubbing me the wrong way, but it is. It's almost making me NOT book. We will have two cars because my parents are joining us (we are driving down). They do have a handicapped placard so maybe they won't get charged.

I have a question that I haven't seen addressed yet.

We booked before the March changeover, so we should not have any parking fees. However today I modified our reservations. Same resort, just added a day and changed room category.
Does this count as our booking date, or does our original booking date still count?

I have a question that I haven't seen addressed yet.

We booked before the March changeover, so we should not have any parking fees. However today I modified our reservations. Same resort, just added a day and changed room category.
Does this count as our booking date, or does our original booking date still count?
Original booking date - we recently returned from a trip in which I had modified our reservation (booked prior to March, but two modifications after March), and were not charged. When I asked about this at check in, the CM confirmed that she saw my original date and we wouldn't be charged.

No... Actually it was exactly one day after the cut off. The cast member on the phone when I booked even made it a point to tell me about the parking fee at checkout.
I'm happy for you, but this "some people get charged while others don't" policy is infuriating. I could understand letting those with club level rooms slip by the charge, but when two people are standing next to each other checking out, both with rooms booked post cut-off and one is charged an additional fee the other isn't, it feels like favoritism. (Honestly I don't know why it upsets me, I'm DVC. Just trying to look out for the little guy, I suppose.)

I'm happy for you, but this "some people get charged while others don't" policy is infuriating. I could understand letting those with club level rooms slip by the charge, but when two people are standing next to each other checking out, both with rooms booked post cut-off and one is charged an additional fee the other isn't, it feels like favoritism. (Honestly I don't know why it upsets me, I'm DVC. Just trying to look out for the little guy, I suppose.)
I agree. I was just sharing my experience :confused3

A friend and I are planning to drive separately to disney. We are sharing a room, and will be on one reservation. Would we both have to pay parking fee? If so, we may try and drive together, even though it's quite a bit of extra driving.

Great question about the new Overnight Parking fee. The default logic would imply it is a per vehicle fee. Here is what Disney has to say about the policy publicly:

Registered Guests: Overnight Self-Parking
  • Effective for reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
Source: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/parking/

Give them a call and ask for assistance with your Walt Disney World visit, please call (407) 939-5277.
  • 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern Time. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Dave

A friend and I are planning to drive separately to disney. We are sharing a room, and will be on one reservation. Would we both have to pay parking fee? If so, we may try and drive together, even though it's quite a bit of extra driving.

So in your case based on recent reports you could be charged for 2, 1, or 0 vehicles. Come back and let us know what happens!

Just back from 6 nights at CSR, booked after the deadline. I did online check-in and had my room number before arrival, so never went to the front desk or through the guard shack, just drove straight to my building - no parking charges. For the first 5 nights, the gate was up and not functioning, so I never tapped my MB to get through. I did use it the last night when the gate was down, but still no parking charge. A total mystery to me as to how and when they’re assessing this fee!

This is weird. I'm planning on having a rental car for one night. Do I go to the front desk for a parking pass? If I don't have the pass on the dash, how will they know that rental is mine? To scan the band or talk to the guard? Maybe the gate will be up? Should I leave the car park in a garage at DS? I'll gladly pay the one night, but not more than that. So many questions and unknown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!