Please help...

Brooklyn9317

Earning My Ears
I can't find any recent answers to this question..I just booked 9 nights beginning May 24th which goes over Memorial Day. How much worse are the crowds? Should I move to the first week of June? Any help would be much appreciated. This is our first Aulani trip.

We stayed at Aulani from June 6 until June 16, 2017. I was told that the resort was at 100% capacity so you may have days with less crowding the week of May 24th. You just need to get your lounge chairs early. Enjoy!

I would just keep your reservation time. The first week of June might be crowded as schools start releasing the end of May.

For reference, we were just there for President's Day week in February and the resort was sold out. We still had a blast. The crowds were highest at the beginning of the week and got a little better toward the end. So I doubt your entire 9 nights would be at capacity. We signed our kids up for Aunty's free activities 90 days out and never waited in the morning line to get them into other activities. We never had a problem finding parking in the garage. Found at least a chair or two at the beach whenever we headed there. We had friends who got up early to save chairs by the pool, so we lucked out on that front, but in a past trip, we used our stroller to hold our things while we went swimming and didn't even bother looking for a chair. We were always able to find chairs in the afternoon though. You will be fine!

I agree with PPs. I don't think you'll notice much difference between those weeks. To my knowledge, the resort is often at or near capacity, especially during summer months when families travel on school breaks. Just go with what works best for you.

I can't find any recent answers to this question..I just booked 9 nights beginning May 24th which goes over Memorial Day. How much worse are the crowds? Should I move to the first week of June? Any help would be much appreciated. This is our first Aulani trip.

We were there over Memorial Day weekend this year and I know I saw a trip report for someone there at the same time. It was noticeably busier over the actual weekend part of our trip, but we did a lot of our Island touring stuff over the weekend so it didn't impact us as much. I agree that you should be fine - it wasn't so busy that I wished we had come at another time! There were always chairs available at the beach.

We were there June 1-8 this year and while I didn't ask the capacity it wasn't too bad. Weekends were more crowded then weekdays so try to schedule days away from the resort for weekends.

We were there in May, checking in on Sat the 20th for a week. So we overlapped some of your days. While checking in, we spoke with the person who brought up our luggage and he said we were lucky. The week ending was at 90% capacity but the week we were there was 70%, and it would go back to 90% after we left. It had something to do with the school year ending on Friday the 26th. I have to say we never felt like it was crowded at all. We didn't need reservations at Ama Ama for either breakfast or dinner, but were told by our server that we would have probably needed them the next week. If it were me, I'd stick with what you have, since after the calendar turns to June it sounds like it gets pretty busy. Too bad you couldn't move it back a few days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter