Please help :)

YaYas_Mom

Cat Rescuer Extraordinaire
Okay so I'm getting my taxes done Monday. And have already decided that if I'm getting a nice enough refund, I'm booking my cruise!

It will be me and my friend, and our 2 daughters. DD's are both 5 now, and we are looking at cruising in 2004. They will both be 6.

We want a Secret Porthole room, on a 7 day.

Where do I want to go, and when do I want to go there? LOL
(pulling the girls out of school is more than OK by me)

Once I make my deposit, how do I make payments? ie are they scheduled, or I can just send money whenever I can as long as I get it all paid 60 days out?

TIA

Once you make your deposit, you don't have to pay the balance until it is due, 60 days prior to sailing. I believe you can make partial payments whenever you like. To my knowledge, there is no payment schedule other than the "Balance Due" date.

Hi YaYas_Mom. Being divorced I learned a long time ago never to tell a woman "where" to go and "when" to go there...

how do I make payments?

No, the payments aren't scheduled. After the deposit, you may submit any and all monies to DCL as you see fit. And yes, the cruise must be paid-in-full by 60-days prior to departure.

Have a most wonderful cruise!

I just need help picking between a western/eastern cruise and when to go.

I've only cruised one other time, on carnival, and we went to the bahamas.. st thomas, san maartin and st. john I think.

which will we enjoy more?

Sorry, but I've only been on the Western Magic cruise so I can't really be objective relative to the Eastern. On the Western your ports of call are Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and, of course, Castaway Cay. I don't think you can make a bad decision either way...

I've been on both Western & Eastern. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Personally, I prefer the Western stops, but that's a very personal choice. Everyone's likes and dislikes are different. Since you've been to the same islands on Eastern with Carnival, you may want to check out the Western route next with DCL. Just a note, the Western route has consistently been a bit more expensive than Eastern, in case that affects your decision.

I'm kind of in the mindset that I just want to be on the ship LOL. Although I'd love to go back jewelry shopping in St. Thomas!

Anyone have any suggestions as to which would be the best itinerary for the kids? The girls will be 6 or 7 by the time we go, so maybe one itinerary over the other has better kid-friendly excursions?

I go tonight to get my taxes done and am hoping for good news! :Pinkbounc

FYI..... book as early as possible-- not all secret porthole rooms are created equal! Some have very obstructed views, some have practically a clear view. My DH, DD10, DD4 and myself will be sailing in one on the May 3 eastern and I know he requested a specific room for just that reason...... There is a site that has all the views shown-- might be worth a look before you book...

In 1997 we did the west iten. on another cruise line in early January. This seems to be a cheap time to cruise, its out of hurricane season, and the weather was beautiful! I saw all kinds of things my son then 4 would have loved, but we didn't take him. Especially the turtle farm on Grand Cayman. We didn't go to Key West on this cruise, but I think the extra stop might help if they didn't fall in love with the kids clubs and wanted Mommy all the time.

I love my CPA. I'd take him with us if I could, but that would mean 2 cabins since we'd have 5 people :)

So I'm ready to start really looking at what I want to do. I will check out which SPH room looks best, and it looks like maybe January is a good time to go. Do you think January 2004 would be booking early enough?

My DH booked ours 18 mo. out for this may in a secret porthole room and he got his pick of the rooms........... we wanted one of the non-joiners..... Best advice is if you know you are going call now! you can get your deposit back right up until final payment is due. Better safe than stuck on deck 2!!!;) HA HA
Barbara

Hey....nothing wrong with Deck 2...don't knock it until you tried it!!! We have stayed on Deck 8, Deck 6, Deck 2 and Deck 1....although I loved having a verandah....I like the location of Deck 1 and 2 better. Much more convenient to most of the ship.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter